Secret Keeper

Secret Keeper

A Chapter by Sammi

Casey

Chapter 3:

"Wait just slow down and think for a minute man"

"Why?" I snap as I turn on my heel to look at my best friend.

"Casey you can't just turn up they think you abducted her" Jace tries to reason with me putting his hand on my arm.


"I need to see her Jace" I say shaking his hand off my arm and turn to start walking away. Jace dodges around me blocking my way putting his hand up to stop me walking.


"Casey why are you so desperate to see her?" He asks a frown between his brow and his eyes pleading with mine for some kind of explanation for my behaviour. I sigh before answering.


"I can't explain it Jace but I have a feeling she is not safe"


"That doesn't make any sense she is home now the safest place she could be"

I throw my hands up in frustration "I know she should be safe but I have awful nightmares of losing her I just need to see her"


"Well let's just take a step back for a second you can't just turn up on her doorstep when her parents think you are the reason she went missing" says Jace lowering his arm. I turn and walk to the nearest chair sitting down running my hand through my hair.


"What am I supposed to do then Jace?" I ask frustrated at the situation and how messed up and complicated it has become.


"She won't be hard to track down we know her name so can ask around for people who know her or have heard of her without attracting too much attention it's not like she is impossible to find she is not off the grid"

"So you don't think I am crazy?" 


"Since I have known you wider things have happened but you have never been wrong about these things."


I smile but it feels a bit forced so look away so Jace can't see the conflict of emotion on my face. I almost hate how much he trusts me and how honest he is. I wish I could be honest with him too but there are some things I cannot tell him. Having a friend as good as Jace is rare and hard to find which is why I feel guilty as I am going to betray him one day. I won't enjoy it but I will find a way to live with it. As they say that is just the way fate works.



© 2017 Sammi


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on March 8, 2017
Last Updated on March 8, 2017


Author

Sammi
Sammi

Wilmslow, United Kingdom



Writing