crash to heaven

crash to heaven

A Story by Sam.s.
"

a bit of romance and thriller mystery.

"

It stopped the ringing in my ear I blink and I see the stars they are so bright for just a minute there was complete silence and I felt so alone so cold. Suddenly I hear a car horn and my eyes open as I gasp for air there are two men by my side moving so fast putting  things around my face and I look at one of them I look at his face I see his lips moving but I can’t hear what he is saying. I look to my right and there is where I see my families car turned upside down crushed so much it looks flat. My eyes search for my family all I wanted was one glimpse of them of any of them that is when I see something hanging outside of the cars window as I look closer I see it’s an arm a small arm the same arm that was around me just hours before the same arm that belonged to my brother at that point I turn my head back to the men and I focus on their lips trying to figure out they are saying finally I just put my hands up and signed Sam. One of the men put his hands up and signed to me to stay still I do what he says they pick me up and wheel me to the ambulance and that is when I take one last look at our car and as I do one tear falls to the ground that is when I know will be the last time I would ever see my family dead or alive. After that one tear there was nothing I shut down I looked up at the sealing going through everything that day lost in memories I felt pain throughout my body but I didn’t care I just looked up and wondered why  I went back to the last few moments I had left with my family trying to remember if I said anything mean or if we had a fight but all I could remember is when my mom screamed John. And the last thing I saw was her face I saw horror sorrow regret and love. I see a hand wave in front of my face and I turn to see who it was he looked at me and smiled and signed hello and asked if I felt pain anywhere. That is when I realized the pain when I could barely breathe and I just looked at him trying not to scream all I did is stare straight into his eyes. Suddenly I stop breathing my heart stops but I still see his face glowing in the light smiling at me I hear this ringing long never ending when I hear beeps and I feel myself fighting to stay awake to stay alive. We stop and the doors open a rush of light engulfs me and I’m taken out of the ambulance the men rushing me are yelling to the doctors things like my BP levels and blood loss  I’m wheeled into a room with bright lights and doctors everywhere something is put over my mouth and I close my eyes and all I see is my mother’s face  I can’t look away I can’t move  I hear her screams I hear our car collide with metal I hear the wind whistling as we are soaring through the sky and then I hear nothing all I see are stars.

I wake to the beeping sounds of my heart as I open my eyes I see a room empty and a girl with no family I turn my head towards the door as someone knocks and for one second I hoped it was my family until I remembered the door opens and a nurse comes in she has a smile on her face and she sees I’m awake and she says good morning honey you’ve been out for a while how are you feeling. I look at her and I open my mouth but  I stop the words won’t come out she looks at me and she smiles  she says its ok honey you don’t have to talk to me but that don’t mean I’m going to stop talking to you, she laughs and pours me a glass of water. I reach out my hand and grab the cup and pull it towards  me I try to pick it up but I can’t so I move forward and sip out of the straw o lay back and the nurse is gone I look at the clock I see its noon on the dot. I looked at that clock I wondered what time was it when I became an orphan. I think for a second and realize I am 19 today so I’m not really an orphan but it sure did feel like it. After a few hours I got bored and I so I sat up and turned my body and let my legs hang over the edge of the bed I pulled the machine that was attached to me to my left and I scooted to the end of the bed until my feet touched the ground the floor was cold to a point I lifted my feet up. I took a breath and put my feet back down I leaned forward to see if my lags would hold me up and it seemed they would I slowly put more pressure on my legs and stand up I just stand there for a minute or two then I start to move my left leg then right trying to keep my balance I move toward the window it seems so far when you can barely walk but just as I was going to reach the window  a knock comes from my door and I hear as it squeaks open and as I look to see who it is there was a  face and a smile I knew the second he saw me though he rushed over to me and said what are you doing you shouldn’t be out of bed come on he puts his arm around my waist and we glide slowly think 90 year old grandma style  to the bed and as I get in he looks at all the machines and checks them all . He turns back to me and he says I have never seemed someone who can walk so soon after an accident before. I just look up at him and smile the door opens again and the same nurse comes in with some food and some jello. I take one look at the tray of food and I look back at the nurse and the way I looked at her she knew I wouldn’t eat it. She says I know it doesn’t look too good but you need to eat to get better so I smile and she leaves I wave to the man to come closer and he dose I hold up my jello he takes it and opens it for me and as he does that I grab his wallet and pull out 10 bucks and put it back he leaves but he says he would be back in an hour. He leaves my door open and I see a kid passing by I through something to get his attention  he comes in and I hand him a note asking if he could order me a large cheese pizza he looks back at me and smiles and says sure .

I write a note saying thank you and he leaves about an hour later a pizza man is at my door and I give him the money and he leave and just as I start to eat the man comes back and he stops in the door way and starts to laugh I smile and hold out a piece he took the slice of pizza and I gave him a note saying I was sorry and he asked what for and I wrote for taking 10 dollars from his wallet. He looked at me and said I was forgiven only if I didn’t do it again and I promised I wouldn’t. He turned the TV on and he pulled the chair next to my bed and we watched bevies and butt head until I fell asleep and again all I dreamt about was my mother’s face. I wake up and the man is gone and so is the pizza box but right in front of me on my table was some vanilla pudding and a note that said dear stars I thought you would like these don’t let your nurse see it ok I’ll see you later. Your partner in crime. I don’t know why but I felt happy when he was around and when I look into his eyes it’s like I’ve known his forever. For a hospital there is like nothing to do I get up and take a shower put some real cloths on and I ask the nurse if I can have my stuff usually it’s not allowed until you are discharged but she gave me it anyways. I sit in the chair next to the window and I open the box  the first thing I see is my wallet that was in my pocket I always like men wallets I took it out and opened it up and there was a picture of my family and me laughing having fun  together I stare at this picture not noticing the day turning into night all I can do is look at their faces the smiles on their faces too look into their eyes to see the pure happiness we had I didn’t hear when my partner in crime came in he had some flowers in his hands and he was talking as he came in saying hey stars I got these for you thought you would like some color in the and that’s when he stops and he sees me with tears in my eyes he walks to me and says stars  that’s all he says he kneels to my side and I just can’t help but cry I drop my wallet and turn to him and wrap my arms around him and he lets me cry into his shoulder he holds me and rocks me back and forth he is caressing my hair with his hand and saying everything will be ok. I don’t remember falling asleep or getting into bed but when I woke up the next day when I opened my eyes he was right their holding me in the bed sleeping and then is when I had never felt so safe before in my life. I look up to see his face and I memorize every line and curve he opens his eyes and he see me he gets up letting me go and he says out loud but to himself I shouldn’t have done that what have I done. I didn’t understand what he was saying he left he didn’t say anything he just left I watched as he left and when the door closed I just stared waiting for him to come back hours and hours went by nurses and other people came in but all I did was stare at the door waiting for him to come back days passed and I realized he was gone like everyone else. I started my therapy and in just 5 days I was able to leave.

As I was wheeled out of the hospital in the wheel chair I looked around hoping to see someone waiting for me but there was no one all I had was a box full of what was left of my life and my families I get a cab and I head to my house as we approach I remember the day we left to go camping all of us packed into the car ready to go I pay the driver and I stand at the curb looking at the house I’ve lived in for 19 years and all I saw were old memories I walk to the door and I put the key in and when I turned it I heard the click. I swing the door open and the house was engulfed in light and I walked in I looked down to see the mail and I see a letter from the bank saying I had to move out by next month it was one  o’clock in the afternoon and  that is when my world started anew.


Chapter 2 ( 2 years later)

 

I am walking through a meadow full of sun flowers and daisies the sky is blue and I have a smile on my face I hear birds chirping in the trees I see them fly together through the air full of life and love but as I continue walking I see this massive tree its branches twist into two larger trunks and it has an opening in the middle I walk closer but as I do darkness rolls out of the trunk and it consumes the valley and the sky goes black with bolts of lightning  flashing and coming down upon me I run trying to get away from the darkness but I am consumed I fall to the ground unable to get up I look back and all I see is blood dripping down the trees trunks flowing towards me I scream trying to get up and run away I try to move my feet from touching the blood but I can’t move them the blood rolls up my leg and my chest it consumes me I scream one last time before the blood covers my mouth and face.

SAM wake up, wake up you were screaming in your sleep are you ok. I open my eyes not sure where I am and all I can think of is my mother’s face. It has been two years since the accident but I relive it every night  except sometimes I dream of him the ambulance man that’s all I have are memorizes he never came back I waited and waited hoping he would come and rescue me but I just ended up wasting time I stopped hoping for him and I started to heal I moved out of my families home and I moved in with a friend in the cities she has been their through my bad times of screaming in my sleep , waking up crying and a lot of other stuff but the day I stopped hoping for the man I closed my heart for ever not letting anyone in.       

 

© 2016 Sam.s.


Author's Note

Sam.s.
Still in progress.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on May 13, 2016
Last Updated on May 13, 2016

Author

Sam.s.
Sam.s.

Preston, North West, United Kingdom



About
One moment and this idiot decides to write.... oh well lets see how this turns out. Diversity and ambiguous moral conflicts are my drugs. more..

Writing
Survival Survival

A Story by Sam.s.