Survival

Survival

A Story by Sam.s.
"

2 girls are trying to get away from a group of men who like to torture women. the girls get away and run for their lives to be separated but with the help of a stranger revenge will be achieved.

"
She looks down with large swollen red eyes she’s gasping in and out unable to get ahold of her self. I hear her weezing from the panic attack she is having and at this moment i needed her to pull herself together. I rush to her side i try to grab her but she flinches and raises her hands towards me and open and closes her mouth trying to speak but nothing comes out. She falls to her knees as she is unable to handle what just happend. I look back and hear the dogs i swear and grab K and smack her in the face and tell her to move Now!! With her hand on her cheek and her red puffy eyes staring at me she gets up and starts to move. I pull her through the never ending forest grabbing her arm tightly so she wouldn't fall. I didn't need to look back to tell they were gaining i heard the dogs barking and the shouts of the men. I kept saying in my head “ I can't go back, i won't i would rather die. yeah ill make them kill me if i'm caught i will i will.” I turn right hoping it would confuse the dogs and rush into the brush hoping it would cover our tracks. I push forward as branches cut my face and arms K crunches down letting me take all the hits pushing behind me. I push through the brush and i see a river in front of me i rush forward i stop at the edge and look to see how deep it is. But before i could get a good look a dog jumps out of the bushes and runs towards us. 
I push K in the water and i get ready to jump when the dog grabs my leg with his sharp teeth and powerful jaw. I fall to the ground and start to kick the dog with my free foot, my right hand brushes over a sharp object and i grab it and with all my strength i hit the dog over and over again. Finally the dog lets go and whimpers away in to the brush. I limp to the water and as i get to the edge i hear a gunshot and a sharp pain shoots through my side. I cry out in pain and fall into the river the water engulfs me i try to push to the surface but the current pulls me down flipping and rolling me. I gasp for air but my mouth fills with water choking me from the inside. In my last moments all i thought or hoped was that K got away, for if she did my death wouldn’t have been a complete loss for she was free. All of a sudden a arm wraps around me pulling me in, i try to scream and fight but i cant the cold water has broken me and now i am nothing more than dying girl scared and tired. When my head gets above water i spit the water out and i gasp for the air around me sucking in until my lungs cramped to fullness. I cough as some water that was still in my lungs explodes out. I feel rocks around me and i open my eyes a man is hanging above me pulling his jacket off and laying it across me trying to warm me up. I see a rifle laying next to his calf on the ground and i try to fix up a plan to get closer but i realize i have never seen him before and i was quite sure he wasn't chasing me and K earlier. before i could think more about my situation i hear men's voices and gunshots i look up towards the water and see K floating by bobbing up and down in the freezing water. A man on the other side of the river was at the edge holding a rifle about to shoot at K. Without thinking i grab the man’s gun and aim for the man i yell to K. “I will find you i will never give up i love you K.” I see her look at me and the man points his gun towards me ready to shoot but i shot my gun first hitting the man in the chest and he goes down with a thud. 

I reload the chamber and as the other men come out of the bushes running to their injured friend i shot. I get 3 rounds out before the men cower back into the brush leaving their dying friends behind. I put the gun down and try to get up but a sharp pain consumes my body and i end up on my back. the man that saved me whom i forgot about at this time grabs me up into his arms and carries me to a car or truck its hard to tell at this point. my eyes become heavy and i feel a warm liquid substance on my side dripping down my leg. I hear the vehicle rev to life and a quick jerk forward sends rocks flying. before the darkness consumes me i look over to the driver and i move my arm to touch his and i say in a low whisper “ Thank you.

© 2016 Sam.s.


Author's Note

Sam.s.
One of my beginning works, rough around the edges

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

132 Views
Added on May 13, 2016
Last Updated on May 13, 2016

Author

Sam.s.
Sam.s.

Preston, North West, United Kingdom



About
One moment and this idiot decides to write.... oh well lets see how this turns out. Diversity and ambiguous moral conflicts are my drugs. more..

Writing
crash to heaven crash to heaven

A Story by Sam.s.