Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Samurai
"

This is just the prologue to set the scene of the story.

"

In a time, in the not-so-distant future, the end of the world has arrived. The once-proud Earth has been mutilated in the worst possible ways. The entire world has been engulfed in a never-ending flame storm. The lives of people have been blessed eternal, but only to be eternally beaten as punishment for their horrible deeds. They see no hope of salvation, no end to it, for the end is then. None can stop the end; it is inevitable. Some try desperately to wait it out, but time’s ticking will only bring upon more suffering in the long run. There is no ruler, no government, no police force, for all is in chaos. Life as we know it will end, but unfortunately, it will continue.

Some have been saved from this terrible fate because of their devotion and faith in God. But there are many who will not receive the same reward. There are many in the world who believe there are no God, no afterlife, and no eternity. But in the end, it does not matter. All who are not saved by the Light of Heaven have been doomed to be slaves to the demons of Hell. This is unstoppable…this…is Armageddon.

The term Hell on Earth is not just an expression anymore. The Lord of Hell has come forth, bringing forth his minions to plague the world and destroy all mortal life. But life is immortal, so no one will escape their fate. Many try ending their lives, but all they accomplish is adding more pain to their never-ending lives; as if they weren’t in enough pain and anguish already. The demons and evil fire rip flesh straight from the skeleton; bodily organs are crispy from the flames of Hell unleashed upon earth. All are beaten endlessly in every way possible, with no exceptional slaves. All are rewarded with harder work and harsher beatings, all while suffering from personal health ailments and exhaustion no less. Those who are no longer useful in the deeds of the devil are sent right away to the deepest pits of Hell, and are eternally bathed in boiling, flesh-eating sulfur.

Families are separated, homes and personal possessions destroyed, although one might keep the clothes on his back until they are burned from him. And this…this is all just the beginning…is there anything to prevent this hellacious future? The answer…is no. The end had come when the water turned to blood.

The future is inevitable. This will one day become true. Armageddon…is the end of the world. Those not saved by the Rapture and are brought into Heaven will be doomed to remain on earth and live this horrible fate. Beware. Live life to the fullest, but do not commit the deeds of the devil unless this is to become the destiny all your very own.

All seems lost, never to be helped or lightened up. But, somewhere, there is hope. A small group of Holy Warriors have been chosen to overthrow the Lord of Hell, consisting of a Paladin, Samurai, Wizard, and a Warrior Monk, all followers of God. Each of these warriors is known for and has wielded their own unique abilities.

The Paladin, his Holy Sword, Excalibur, and Dagger in hand, once served as a thief, snatching supplies and treasures from the enemy. His name is Andre, and with his arsenal of Holy Blade techniques, he could unleash devastating attacks against his foes, especially against the forces of darkness.

The Samurai, a warrior of great power and pride, slices the air around him with his mighty katana, the Masamune. He has vanquished many foes in his life, and now steps forward to battle the Final Darkness. His name is Chris, and when he gets angry, he dices all enemies to shreds in fury.

The Wizard, an apprentice in many mystical arts, has years of experience in all elemental attacks. With a wave of his Rune Staff, all enemies far and near are struck down with mighty spells. Thunder, Meteor, and Gravity are just a few techniques in his arsenal of spells. His name is Pancho, and he is on a journey to gain the ultimate spell, sealed away for many millenniums, Ultima.

The Warrior Monk, an expert in many forms of Martial Arts and Street Fighting styles, served as a guard in his homelands before leaving on a quest with his companions. He had saved his home from many disasters, but it appeared that his work there was completed as he set out to seek more training. His name is Raymond, or simply Ray, and he trusts his fists far more than any weapon. He doesn’t do well with magic, but what he can’t do is easily made up for with his brute strength, skill, and sneaky tactics.

 

All of these warriors have fought together numerous times before, their group known as the Elite Four. They had overcome many obstacles, no matter how difficult the challenge. But Armageddon is the Final Battle; it is good vs. Evil, Holy vs. Unholy, and Heaven vs. Hell for that matter. The people’s beliefs are what brings them toward the Light of Heaven, or what plunges them into the fiery pits of Hell. The Elite Four have their work cut out for them—the ultimate challenge…



© 2008 Samurai


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

Samurai
Please tell me anything and everything that might confuse you, get you reading on the wrong track, or any other thing that may leave room for fixing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nothing confusing. This is a brilliant piece with wonderful wording. The work of a professional and honest writer. I want to read more. Are you adding anything soon??

Posted 15 Years Ago


no, I got the point of it so far - the world is ending, you were very clear about that. I agree with Max though, tell us how the Earth was before its destruction. I wouldn't worry too much about all the editing so early on, put a few chapters end, then focus on the technical crap because it'll get in the way of constructing a solid storyline. Anywho, it was good from what I read and I'd like to see more, I'd like to see how the fate of the world unfolds.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think you should give a little more description of how the earth was before at least a few years or a few months before the end of life

Posted 15 Years Ago


Now you making me not wanting to go to hell anymore shame on you>>. Last time I heard Hell was this fun and entertaining place...but according to you its the contrary but keep writing buddy and I would like to see a nicer beginning you know and add a female or two to the story so women can read it too because as far I can tell there are none in the story and also A Paladin and a Samurai are almost the same just different name and culture You can't have both. Okay you can since its your story but

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2008


Author

Samurai
Samurai

NE



About
One would not expect much by first appearance, but on the inside lurks a mind of capacity and one of many things. Yet while the story is told, details are omitted for unknown reasons, but shall be the.. more..

Writing