Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Sunny
"

Chapter 2...

"

"Eyes I knew from somewhere"

 

It’s cold and dark. I can’t see a thing and movement in my body is slowly regaining but not quick enough. I hear a heavy thud every few seconds meaning only one thing; they are covering my body which is encased in a wooden box, like a coffin.

My breathing is getting heavier with every thud and my head is starting to get dizzy and my eyelids heavy.

 Movement in my fingers has come back and now I can flex my fingers, and almost bend my arms but the pain has become much fainter. The thudding has stopped which means that I’m completely buried which was very quick considering that it takes a while to bury someone meters below ground.

Ideas of escaping are reaching my mind but none seem reasonable. The only reasonable one is somehow cutting a hole on the box and digging my way out.

I reach into my pocket and feel a pocket knife. But I never kept a pocket knife with me, not that I remember of anyways. But who cares right now. All that matters is that I get out of here as soon as possible, before I run out of air.  

I hurried start scraping and cutting at the wood. It is slowly cutting and I by the time I have almost finished a whole rectangle, wide enough for me to crawl out of, movement in body has completely regained. I pull away the wood and begin digging through the sand and soil, putting it in the coffin

The soil was cold and stiff, my fingers were going numb. The air down here is going stale and my head is suffering a pounding headache in the side where I might have hit when I fell earlier.

There was a faint conversation I could here, but I could barely make out what was being said. The only words I caught were ground and moving.

That was all it took for me to figure that there must be someone on the surface that can see the ground moving from my digging. I started frantically digging trying to get to the surface faster now, my breathing was slowing down dramatically now, another few minutes and I will die from no air.

 

I reached the surface and collapsed on the ground, breathing in the fresh air which smelt much better than the air that I was trapped in that smelt of dry blood and soil. A little girl cautiously approached me, she bent over took a look at me then when I said "Hi," she ran back to her mother who was knelt down beside a grave crying.

 

I was buried in a graveyard.



© 2012 Sunny


Author's Note

Sunny
Here you go! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! Scared me so badly! So glad you decided to make it a book! So proud of you and am dying for you to continue!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Added on July 25, 2012
Last Updated on July 25, 2012


Author

Sunny
Sunny

Australia



About
Welll... I write in my spare time (or whenever i feel like it). Sunny isn't my real name but just a pen name. I LOVE music. Bands- One Direction!!, The Script, The Wanted, Selena Gomez and The.. more..

Writing
Random stories Random stories

A Book by Sunny


Their Last Hope Their Last Hope

A Story by Sunny


Escape Escape

A Book by Sunny