Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Knife

Knife

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

Alex knows something is wrong as soon as he walks into his apartment...will Anthony be able to save him?

"

            When Alex walks into his apartment he knows right away something is off. Walking into his bedroom he looks around but sees nothing amiss. Turning to leave he finds Chance standing in the door way. "What are you doing here?" demands Alex.

            Stepping into the room Chance shuts and locks the door behind him. Taking a step towards Alex he replies, "Waiting for you".

            "Why," asks Alex, stalling; he can tell Chance has been drinking.

            "I came to give you one more chance to take me back."

            "I told you that that is not going to happen."

            "Then if I can't have you, no one can." Concludes Chance as he starts towards Alex, who backs away. Glancing behind Chance, Alex bolts for the bedroom door; but before he can reach it Chance grabs him around the waist, throwing him onto the bed. Pinning Alex's arms above his head, Chance grabs a pair of handcuffs from the bed side table drawer where Chance knew Alex kept them and proceeds to bind Alex's wrists to the head board.

            "How could you leave me?" demands a drunken Chance.

            "You cheated on me," replies Alex as he tries to keep his fear from showing in his voice.

            "I made a mistake! Why can't you forgive me?!"

            "You made more than one "Mistake" Chance."

            "You still could have forgiven me; given me one more chance to prove we were meant to be together, but no, you had to go running to that Anthony person, so now...I'm going to have to make you pay for the pain you've caused me." replies Chance in a cold voice.

            Covering Alex's mouth Chance jerks around, listening.

            "Alex, I know you're in there, baby please open up..."

            Hearing Anthony's voice, Alex struggles against the handcuffs binding his hands; he bites the hand covering his mouth as he screams for Anthony.

            "Shut up" commands Chance back-handing Alex across the face.

            Hearing Alex, yell his name, Anthony grabs the door handle outside apartment; finding it unlocked he throws open the door and barges in; not seeing anything in the living room he tries the bedroom door and finds it locked. He slams the door with his shoulder; it flies open on the third try. Rushing into the room Anthony finds Alex handcuffed to the bed. Quickly finding the key Anthony unlocks the cuffs and asks "Are you hurt?"

            Trying to warn Anthony about Chance, who had quietly gone into the bathroom when Anthony had barged into the apartment, Alex tries to discreetly point to him. Turning Anthony barely has time to block a flying fist; grabbing it in his left hand, Anthony brings his knee up into Chance's groin, sending him to the ground. Turning back to Alex, Anthony doesn’t see Chance pull something out of his pocket as he gets to his feet. Seeing the glint of metal slicing through the air, Alex screams "noooooooooooooo". Alex's scream causes Anthony to turn around just as Chance's pocket knife plunges into his chest.

            As Anthony falls to his knees Alex vaults off the bed. Throwing himself at Chance as Alex pummels his fists into Chance's face, scratching at his eyes and screaming at him. Knocking Alex off him, Chance flees the apartment.

            Snatching the phone off the bed-side table Alex calls 911, begging them to rush an ambulance to his apartment. Cradling a bleeding Anthony in his arms Alex begs him, "Stay with me baby. Please stay with me."

As Anthony's eyes slowly close Alex screams "Don't you dare die on me!"

            Upon arrival to the hospital Anthony is rushed into surgery; Alex takes up pacing the waiting room, unable to sit still for more than a few seconds.

            After what seems like an eternity Dr. BlackHawk comes out to talk to Alex. Rushing over to the doctor Alex awaits a grim diagnosis. "Is he going to be okay?"

            "Well he made it through surgery, right now he is in a medical induced coma. When we cut back on his medicine it will be up to him to wake up. Would you like to see him now?"

            "Could I please," replies a somewhat relieved Alex.

            "Of course,” Answers Dr. Blackhawk adding, "would you like an ice pack for that black eye?"

            "Oh" stutters Alex, touching his face.

            "It is alright, the police told me what happened. That boy saved your life."

            "I just pray he doesn't die because of it."

            Sitting next to Anthony's bed Alex falls asleep. He is awakened hours later when a nurse along with the doctor walk into the room.

            "Alex," says Doctor BlackHawk shaking Alex's shoulder gently.

            "Yes doctor?" replies Alex groggily.

            "I just wanted to let you know I'm going to start decreasing Anthony's medication; it will be up to him to wake up now."

            "Thank you for telling me," says Alex gratefully.

            "No problem," replies Dr. Blackhawk before leaving the room.

            Still sitting beside the hospital bed, Alex takes Anthony's limp hand in his own. Kissing it he begins to talk to Anthony, hoping to bring him around.

            "Baby I'm so sorry. I should never have yelled at you; you were just trying to help. Chance is crazy when he drinks..." trails Alex.

            "Oh GOD! Please don't die! I love you too much to live without you." Alex begs, breaking down into tears.

            "I'm not going to die," whispers Anthony, "You're my reason to live."

            Alex is too busy crying to realize Anthony really has woken up, "Now I'm hearing things," bawls Alex.

            "You're not hearing things babe, I'm awake." says Anthony; his voice growing stronger. To prove his point he squeezes Alex's hand.

            "You are awake!" Alex exclaims as he tries to hold back a fresh wave of tears.

            "Yeah I am," smiles Anthony.

            "Oh my gosh!" I'd kiss you if it wouldn't hurt you!"

            "Kiss me any way. Any pain I feel is worth the touch of your lips on mine."

            Losing his fight against crying, tears stream down Alex's face. "I love you Anthony," sobs Alex leaning over to kiss Anthony gently on the lips.

            Before Alex has the chance to pull back, Anthony threads his left hand through Alex's hair, gently he parts the lips of the man who stole his heart on that fateful day at Starbucks.

            Breaking the kiss before it can get too steamy, Alex looks into Anthony's beautiful green eyes. "You need to rest babe. Try and get some real sleep."

            "I'll go to sleep only if you are in my arms."

            "Alright try and scoot over," smiles Alex climbing onto the hospital bed.

            Carefully holding each other they both fall asleep.




© 2011 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on April 14, 2011
Last Updated on April 14, 2011


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Beavercreek, OH



About
im an 11th grade author. I have been writing since i could well write.i started a book in tenth grade and am currently working on it. more..

Writing