The Truth Beneath the Rose

The Truth Beneath the Rose

A Story by Sapphire
"

just a little snippet of my new story i'm writing called Dreams of Demetria. this is a part where Shane tells about what he did to alter Riley's life.

"

“You were four when it happened. Your family was at home when you got back from the beach. I just happened to be seeing a dream and I saw yours. And I stood at your bedroom window, watching your dream. I was so distracted by it, I didn’t even realize the group of men coming towards the house. I heard three gunshots and two bodies hit the floor. I heard your mother scream and she ran up the stairs and I heard two more shots. I knew they were coming for you, but I didn’t know what to do. You were in Demetria and the rules say that when a person is in Demetria, do not disturb them.

“So I watched as one came into the room and held a gun over you. he looked like he was hesitating to shoot you. so, instead, he wrapped you in a blanket and carried you downstairs. I heard the two others wrap your family’s bodies in trash bags and they carried you off to their truck. I followed them to a lake and they had a boat. They tied your family’s feet with rope to an iron ore.  And they threw them overboard. They turned to you and were contemplating whether to kill you or not. They tried drugging you and they dumped your body by a river bank hidden by weeds, and brushes, and tress.

“I went after them, killing them and then I came back for you. you were awake, but slowly dying of the drugs they gave you. I took you in my arms, crying. That night, I healed you and in that process, I changed you into one, hoping that one day I’ll see you. I erased your memory of your childhood before and I gave you a new one. One of the family of the Marshalls. You told them they were your parents and I made them believe that they were. I killed suspicions and allowed you to alter your life into what I thought was a disaster.”

          “And you didn’t save them?” I ask, tears filling my eyes.

   He shakes his head. “An angel could only do so much, Riley. I chose to save you because I am your guardian. I played my role in your life; you’re alive.”

   I stop him. “What else did you make happen? This love?”

   He shakes his head. “After I gave you a new family. I decided to leave you and your dreams alone. I allowed you to live like I was never there and soon, your dreams and thoughts became oblivious to me. But, that day your mother bailed you from jail and told you Marcus’s plans, I saw it in his dreams. And I knew it was only a matter of time before you and I would end up here. So, I got in touch with an old buddy, Chris, and offered him to live with me while he was staying in town. And I knew he was going to meet you on the same bus because your father and I got the same ticket for you and Chris.

          “When you two got off the bus, he was holding your hand. Marcus was a little upset. When you two went your separate ways, he told me all about you. I endured it, seeing the thoughts he was thinking about you. I felt happy for him because I also altered his life. I planned ahead. I told myself I wasn’t going to end up with you, so I found someone who had something in common, arranged, and waited for the day. But I saw his dreams and it only got me curious about you. Soon enough, I was back at your bedroom window watching you enter into Demetria every night. That day we first met at school, you dreamt of me. That kept me at your side in Demetria all the time. And that’s why you kept seeing my face. I was trying to send you a message saying to keep away from me, but you got curious.

          “I knew then, that time was all I had. No hope. Nothing. Time was all I could think about. Time was telling me that you were drawing ever closer to discovering me. And I told you in Demetria.”

   I cannot believe what I am hearing. “And you couldn’t just let me die or kill me? Shane, you have made me realize that my life is destiny, not choice. It’s like I am destined to love you because you altered my life. Do you know how different my life would be if you hadn’t erased my memory?”

   He nods. “It’ll be different because I am not in your life!” his lavender eyes shift to onyx. “And maybe I wouldn’t be the man you have made me today! Quit being jealous and thank me for saving your life!”

   I quickly reach out and press my lips to his. We both gasp in pleasure. He takes my face in his hands, pulling my face towards his, where our noses crinkle together. I open my eyes the moment he does, but we intertwine our tongues still. His eyes, even though I can feel his body enjoying this, he’s telling me this is wrong. He’s telling me he wants this, but not fully. He’s telling me he wants only friendship, but his body craves for me. And my heart is crying out for him. He’s that Rose I first drew that night I met him; pretty to admire, but if you get too close, you’ll get pricked.

   Well, prick me with all your thorns, Shane, I’m not going anywhere. I’ll bleed for you until I’m dry. Your red petals will catch each drop and you’ll caress them with tenderness. I tell him, knowing he’s reading my thoughts. He shuts his eyes, pain scribbled on his face.

   He pulls away. “You’ve figured out the truth beneath the Rose…” he whispers. “But, can you catch each petal and place the Rose back together? You’re not getting the point; you’re my Rose. I have allowed your petals to fall. And each drop of your blood are the scars I have left on your life. Those thorns are worn out from fighting the truth. And those thorns cannot handle the fact that I did what I did to get us where we are now. And no matter how hard those thorns might fight back with the feeble strength they have now, I am not placing the Rose back together because I am happy with the results…you…”

 

 

 

 

© 2010 Sapphire


Author's Note

Sapphire
tell me what ya think. right now, this is basically what i wanted the plot to be, but i had to condens it. in time, this sotry will be published on Writer's Cafe, so if you do like it, tell me and i will try to finish at leats one chapter a day and publish it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

hey, u guys, if u ever look at this writing again, well, look at THIS ONE! thank you. i couldn't access my account anymore, this one, and so i created another one named Sapphire. please, add me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, this seems amazingly interesting. It has me honest to God, captivated, entranced, and makes me want to read more, or read this book of yours. The imagery and wording was superb, and I can tell that this whole story was well thought out. Keep on going, I can't wait to read more! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMG, I love it! I can tell that book of yours is gonna be awesome!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The begining surprised me with the horror and bloody imagery. You could have explained more of how you killed the bad guys. Like what weapon did you use and did they try to escape. It gets me wondering but still I thought this was creative

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is awesome Sapphire, how I wish I could write a story like this

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was incredibly hot!!! I loved the twisty talk between Shane and Riley. That was so beautiful!!!!! I loved the imagrey in the conversation.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

435 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2010
Last Updated on July 3, 2010

Author

Sapphire
Sapphire

Houston, TX



About
I'm in love with music, Robert Downey Jr, Michael Jackson, and Johnny Depp. I love to write romances and poetry. I love to read other things when I'm not writing myself. i do love to write lots of poe.. more..

Writing
How to Love How to Love

A Poem by Sapphire


17 17

A Chapter by Sapphire


Securing Fate Securing Fate

A Chapter by Sapphire



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..