Painting On The Walls

Painting On The Walls

A Story by Lyndy
"

A girl visited a house and discovered a hallway with paintings on the wall. She realized that the lady in the house holds the secret of her deceased father. She was told to solve the mystery..

"

The flickering candle light was the only source of light in the dark room. There were full of pictures which hung on the wall. The pictures were men and women dressed in their traditional costumes. They were people from the 30's. I imagined that they once were inhabitants of this beautiful house.


"Oh, please take a sit." An elderly lady dressed in one of the traditional costumes called out to me. I turned and saw that there was also a table with chairs. Beautiful coloured tea cups were on the table with some nyonya kuih. I sat down beside the beautiful lady in her 40's and took a sip on tea which was prepared for guests. "You have come a long way, my girl. Is there anything which I can do for you?" She smiled and gave me an approving look. I hesitated a moment before continuing, "I need to find out the truth about my father and his past life."


There was a moment of silence as the lady poured another cup of tea for herself. "This is a secret which only you can find out when the time is right. " There was a peculiar look on her face. I decided that it was time to leave the dark room. "Goodbye, my child. We shall meet again someday." I waved goodbye and walked out of that room.


Again, I found myself in the empty hallway which had more pictures hung on walls. There were also intricate paintings and sculptures everywhere. I recognise a painting of the 'bird man' which looked similar to the one my uncle Robert bought. I remembered those staring eyes looking at me from the living room. The pictures seemed to be alive. Eyes were looking everywhere at me. For a moment, I felt myself viewed by audience. The eerie feeling subsided when a mist of white smoke filled the entire hallway.

© 2014 Lyndy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your imagination is on the high, I would love to share this piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyndy

9 Years Ago

Thanks Vincent! :D
Vincent Makhathini

9 Years Ago

Much love

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on July 9, 2014
Last Updated on July 9, 2014

Author

Lyndy
Lyndy

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia



About
I'm an amateur writer who likes to write fiction stories, poems and song lyrics during my free time, when my imagination runs wild or when i get inspired. I also love making new friends and learning a.. more..

Writing
Hidden Walls Hidden Walls

A Poem by Lyndy