The Gangsender

The Gangsender

A Story by Saswat
"

A story of a mastermind who sends gangs to beat and punish those suspected or accused of crimes.

"

Well, he never believed he would ever make it this far, he now had his own office in this city with the crappiest justice system in the world. And to his least surprise hadn’t improved a bit over the past few years. He now controls an entire system of gangs, of people who liked to punish criminals but disagreed with the methods of the police. They are literally sent out to kidnap and beat criminals until they are deemed punished or confessed to their demands. They are the ones who go after people who they thought were guilty, their decisions are fast, they don’t need hardcore proof like the snail slow courts.  They aren’t like the police, they are not caged by their own sissy laws, and besides, lawyers for them are the biggest jerks.

                 He now has a new recruit, a collage student, he’d met this guy  when his agent Neeraj Bhatnagar went to the sports fest of a nearby university, he had met this guy at the tennis court, the guy had admitted that he had let himself get conned by a law student, both of them are in the first year, Neeraj talked to this guy for at least an hour, and he was bright, he seemed to be someone who was willing to help them, being targeted seemed to have jogged his brain, he was familiar with a marking and non-marking beating, as he had been subjected to both of the above at some point in the past, he was a target in the past due to his blunt honestly and simplistic confrontational behaviour, and even on entering the collage, a group of crack headed law students thought they could still have his money. The guys that cheated him have no idea who they are up against, none of them are from the same city as the college they are now in. It seemed like they somehow don’t know what happened to people who reported to them. Really, there’s a reason the crime rates are so eerily low in the city.

                   The way the crime was described to him Neeraj and his assistant they had no doubt that it was real, no matter what the young conman said. It seemed from his research that this guy was a bully to those who he didn’t like or thought were stupid and useless and that he took advantage of these people, that would have been easy when he was in Kota, with his Royale Enfield motorcycle, where he could commit minor crimes and get away with it, riding away, and threatening to fight with his victims if his victims noticed, and besides, he looks like a goon. It is clear that this guys dad is someone who blindly trusts him, despite being a doctor by profession, someone who should be clever enough, he blindly accepted his son’s lies and was readily manipulated into thinking that the guy accusing him was a horrific psychopath who’s not worth talking to. It might be related to the victim contacting a former agent of Neeraj’s boss, Jitender Swami as the boy had described. Jitender was an employee of the boss several years ago, but was never able to make it up the ranks due to his direct confrontational ways of dealing with his people, an agent of the boss wasn’t ever supposed to tell the victim or even hint him of how they were really gonna deal with him, not unless the boss and his personal council decided it best for the case. But Jitender never learned. He had called the conman in the middle of when his victim was describing him and threatened to beat him when he confidently denied his guilt. Even worse Jitender had lied to the victim’s idiot father that he was a police commissioner. Very subtle indeed. This made it all the more easy to falsely accuse the confused boy of getting goons to the campus to beat the conman, and the mission was an epic fail indeed. It seemed that one of the wardens had previously known Jitender and his reputation. The boss hated Jitender, when he was his employee the gang sender had a lot less backing, Jitender nearly exposed their technically illegal operations.     

                 Neeraj and his friends set up a plan, they were to kidnap the conman and take him to a part of Jaipur that few dared to go, and no one would see them, they had a multitude of such places, the one Neeraj had cited to the victim was just one of them. The plan was laid out for Raghav and his friends to meet them in the nearby bar, a place which they controlled, and the owner would never betray them. The conman and his friends would be led into the bar, and Neeraj would engage them in a conversation, and the bar owner would secretly signal the bar as closed, a special sign that read closed on both sides so that Raghav and his friends didn’t notice. Neeraj and his friend would go in their and be very engaging to the young law students, he would put up interesting topics and engaging jokes, he was very skilled at this. A team of athletic people would gang up near the door, and capture Raghav when he was with his friends as they left, they knew that they weren’t likely to take pictures and videos at this time, and even if they did, all the athletes had disguises and fake identities to match. They had considered an alternate plan where Raghav the conman would be tricked into being separated from his friends, but they were far too likely to get caught. It was best to keep it simple.

                The victim had no objection to this, and thus, Neeraj told him what excuses he should give. He was basically supposed to claim that he had no idea what had happened and that he had told far too many people at the fest. Thinking that all of them were unrelated to Raghav as they were from different colleges and that one of them may have managed to track Raghav down. The victim was to delete Neeraj’s contact from his phone though he could write it in a secret notebook. He was not to delete Raghav’s picture or contact from his phone and admit to the warden that he had shown it to a group of tennis players at the fest and that they might have tracked him down, the warden would scold and warn him, but wouldn’t impose any permanent punishment.

                  In the meantime, the conman was to be kidnapped to a desolate part of Jaipur, where the men would threaten his dad if he didn’t send them 70000 rupees ASAP. To Neeraj’s assistant’s bank account. It was simple, concealed, and thus likely to work.    

Out of the money, half would be given to the victim, and the other half would be used to pay Neeraj and the others.

                   The day of the operation came. The athletes were chosen, they were told what was necessary for their mission, being given pictures of Raghav and his friends so that they could identify them. They were told which ones were his regular friends, and the location of the bar, they had to be there around the bar in the time window of after Raghav entered, but before he got out, the high rankers, experienced punishers, would communicate the attack time to the others by crossing both of their arms, and if for any reason, fewer than 7 guys showed up, the attack would be rescheduled for another day.

                     This was a small thing for the boss, Neeraj didn’t have a large load of experience, but he had done this sort of thing a few other times before, and his friends were loyal, they weren’t shy to fight.

                       Neeraj was one of the members of the organization who specialized in correcting corrupted college students, the Gangsender had several of those, Neeraj was the second newest of them. The last one to join him was Priyam, Priyam had wished to specialize in activities that didn’t intend to violently confront people, and the gangsender respected this. Priyam was an exception to the other members of the gang, he could tell the people he was assigned to who he was, but he could never say he worked for the gangsender. He had an alibi to say instead.

                         It had taken an effort to come up with this plan, they had to find out information about Raghav without making him suspicious, they felt they had hit the jackpot when they discovered Raghav’s habit of going out to nearby areas with his friends. Meanwhile, the victim had to comply, he had to act like he had totally given up on the idiot psychopath, this would fool him into thinking he wasn’t under threat, no one else was to approach him sent by the boy, none, Tanmay and his friends were not to say anything about Neeraj, but they got the info all right, it took them a week to form the plan, and they refined it over the next few days. The final step was with the bar, the bartender had agreed with the gangsender on sending people to beat up bad guys near his bar long before the case with the first-year extortionist ever came up. They were friends. The bartender was told the sketch of the plan, and he was all for it. Thus, the plan was set up. Tanmay and his friend Siddhant would tell Raghav’s friends about club Makhani and how it sold rare liquor. Vintage English whisky only meant for real men, French wine brewed from grapes harvested half a century ago, of course, these special liquors were too expensive for a college student, but the less expensive liquors were endorsed as well, the bar was expressed as a great place with access to hot girls as well, but they had to be careful to not make it over the top, basically make it sounds like the bar had special offers, as Raghav and his friends surely knew about club Makhani beforehand, and that it would be a nice place to hang out, in his own way. He did just this, and to his surprise, Raghav and his friends decided to go to club Makhani in just the next week. Even saying it would be on Monday evening after the tests.

                 The timing of this was the hardest part. Indians were known to not come on time, but there was a reassurance. The bartender knew what the guy looked like and would message Neeraj on his phone immediately to send his guys. All of whom lived within 20 minutes of the bar, and no one is in the bar for just 20 minutes. They decided that 20 minutes was way too long and thus planned that 8 out of the 12 volunteers would be staying in the nearby hotel highway king restaurant, not even 50 meters away from club Makhani. With their weapons kept in an empty lot on the other side of the road. These weapons included the normal hockey sticks and rebar rods, as well as a flask of chloroform, buried underground to prevent theft, the chloroform was the most important part of the operation, and thus to be handled by Luskan Jain, the most experienced of the volunteers, Luskan had participated in three other similar operations before, the first was for Dhruv Doval, who later quit, and the other two were for Neeraj. Rohit Manas with two previous operations for Neeraj was in charge of the ropes and gags. The rest had been in one previous operation, all Neeraj’s personal friends they had the conventional weapons or their hands.          

                  The operation was carried out successfully on the first try, The owner told Neeraj of Raghav and his friends entry onto the bar, he only had 3 people along, and Neeraj quickly called the rest of his friends, the first 8 picked up their weapons from the nearby stash, and went to the door, the remaining two guys were called, but they thought it was unnecessary to come, as the first 8 put on their masks and gloves, and waited near the exit door.

                   Raghav and his 3 friends were in the bar for at least an hour, but they finally exited, and the 8 athletes saw them and chased them onto the open road. Raghav was faster than what his fatness suggested but still too slow for the athletes, who caught up to him within 35 meters and pulled Raghav away from his friends, Raghav and his friends resisted, but they weren’t able to stop the force of the 8 athletes pulling Raghav away while simultaneously pushing the others away. In seconds 3 of the athletes had Raghav, one kicked him in the back of the knee as another took him down, Luskan held both of Raghav’s legs to ensure that he couldn’t get back up, and they carried him to their van where the fast breathing Raghav quickly inhaled his chloroform and was out. Lucky for them Raghav was too dazed to even call the emergency number, and the rest of his friends all had their phones ripped out of their hands. Not that him calling would be a problem, as in the car they dismantled Raghav’s phone, removing the battery and sim card. The other five were doing the same to Raghav’s friends, taking away their phones and holding them to the ground as the owner signalled the bar closed and then helped the athletes by taking the phones the goons removed and putting them in a box, the boys initially wanted to help their friends, but in seconds focused more on fighting the volunteer athletes trying to submit them. They were overcome as the bartender locked the phones in a safe on the first floor. The bartender let the athletes run to a second vehicle that was parked about 50 meters away. And they drove away in the other direction. They were both going to the same location.

                  Raghav’s friends demanded their phones back when they got out of the fear. The bartender initially held them back with two broken glass bottles. But when 10 minutes had passed on the clock, he let all 3 of them have their phones back, though he didn’t let them retrieve them themselves. The bartender played dumb when they asked about their friend, they gave up and went back to the college. They were sure to tell the others. The victim was ready with the excuses. And besides, he would be joining the gangsender by the next week, being a part of the weekend punishers, one of the agents was sure to want an extra mind.

                   Raghav was meanwhile driven to the Davy Jones locker of the city. I don’t even remember the name of that place, and he was harassed and asked to return the money, which he refused to admit he had taken. The victim spent the whole of Friday avoiding law students on the academic side and hiding in his friend's room at night. He was to join the gangsender the next morning and was sure to delete Neeraj’s contact from his phone.

                     The next Saturday was the 3rd Saturday of the month, and the guy looked out for pursuers as he went to the hotel highway king restaurant.

© 2018 Saswat


Author's Note

Saswat
This is an incomplete story, suggestions on how to continue it will be appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on March 17, 2018
Last Updated on March 17, 2018

Author

Saswat
Saswat

Jaipur, Dahmi Kalan, India



About
I am 19 and don't write as much as I should. more..

Writing