Acceptance

Acceptance

A Poem by Scandalous
"

Learning to speak your flaws is learning to accept them.

"
I chew my fingernails
I twiddle my thumbs
I dye my hair
I  love to have things in pairs
Everything goes in a box
Everything has to be straight
Everything has to be clean
Everything has to match my favorite jean 
My sweaters are all cotton
My pens are all blue
My socks are all white
My bras are always tight
The books are all in order
The soaps are all one scent
The pictures all have black frames 
The pieces are all with the right games 
I accept my flaws
I accept my OCD 
I chew my fingernails
I twiddle my thumbs
I know inside it’s all because I’m numb. 

© 2011 Scandalous


Author's Note

Scandalous
Anything helps!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sweetie; yes, your erotica is fabulous. Amazing; really, but your poignant, heart wrenching pieces are the ones that make me feel. You are magical in expression; lavish in painting with emotion. The heartbeat of the shadows you have walked..forever etched in time.
masqued_muse^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


I was just about to say before I finished the piece, I love your descreption of OCD, I find it cute, the whole order and symmetry thing.

There is something so refreshing about simplicity and clarity and this piece really pulls those two things together.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A tragically painful mesh of lurid interpretation and tempted faith, very well written, a great read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I am in a mental health class right now and so it was nice to read a first hand excert from someone who is really a victom of this condition. You did very well with it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


OCD can slow some people down. Sometime people who struggle work harder and do very well. I know many strong people with OCD. They work harder and if you did not know them. You would not know. I like the way you made your point. Thank you for a outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


i really like the flow of this one, and i like how everything comes together at the end...very nice

Posted 12 Years Ago


I usually don't care for such an orderly structured poem but this has the right flow and of course its wholly fitting for a poem about OCD. The repetition in the first and last stanzas is important to the poem, it ties it all together well. I noticed the fact that all the mentioned items are personal or household items which shapes the poem differently than if the subject were concerned about external things like the syllables on billboards or who knows what else people can be OCD about. The poem feels orderly and safe because the world of the subject is something that can be controlled and nothing disrupts that order. The last line is the one that made me think. I wonder about the possible causes of OCD and how an OCD person works and thinks and finds order in a chaotic world. I always appreciate your non erotic writing very much, thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011

Author

Scandalous
Scandalous

Fuquay, NC



About
Im an erotics writer. I enjoy the passion that evaporates from the feeling people put in writing sex. Hope mine are good! more..

Writing
Smile Smile

A Poem by Scandalous


Round One Round One

A Story by Scandalous



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aikido Aikido

A Poem by Robin


Sunset lovers Sunset lovers

A Poem by


Paint Paint

A Poem by