Raining Stars

Raining Stars

A Story by Miss Shea
"

A dream I had one night at my dad's...

"

We were the two young lovers lying in bed in the early hours of the morning, both caught in between a light slumber and being awake. It was then that he began to whisper in my ear as he held me close.

“The stars are supposed to rain down tonight.”

“Mm-hmm.” my voice was laced with sleep.

“You should come outside with me and we’ll watch it together.”

“Mm-mm. We should sleep.” I said, drawing him closer as I took a deep breath.

“Come on. It will be beautiful. It will be something that we can remember forever, something different. There will never be another chance like it.”

“But, my Love, we could spend all night in here, like this, and it will be just as memorable as a star shower. We can never get this moment back.”

He propped his head up with his hand and peered at my face in the darkness. “Come on. Get up.” he pulled the covers away from me and drug them out of my reach as he got out of bed.

“Mmm.” I moaned in protest. My voice still held the same sleepy tone. I sat up in the dark and reached for the sheet that he held just beyond my reach.

“Out of the bed.” he said playfully. I crawled to the edge and reached up for the sheet again.

“Nope. On your feet.” he smiled as he heard me sigh and stand. He wrapped the sheet around me, making sure I was completely covered before grabbing a thin blanket for himself.

Together, we went outside and sat on the front porch.

He held me in his arms and smiled as I laid my head against him in the curve between his shoulder and neck. The stars blinked in the sky.

“They’re winking for us…but they aren’t raining.” I said, a smile on my face.

“That’s okay. They will.”

I closed my eyes and began to fall asleep against him. He held me tighter and waited for the sky to begin to color. Time passed slowly, being generous in giving us the moment he wanted.

“Wake up.” He whispered at the first hint of light. he shook me gently, shaking the sleep away. He pointed in the direction the sun was rising as I opened my eyes. Still against Him, I turned my head in that direction.

The sky turned beautiful shades of orange and magenta and purple and pink before the sun rose above the horizon. My eyes danced in the light as it hit them.

I turned to Him. “Did it ever rain stars?”

“No…but the sun rose and you were awake for it…with me.” He smiled, playing with a strand of hair that had fallen loose of the band that held it back.

I smiled back, settling myself against him again and watching the day begin in his arms.

 

© 2008 Miss Shea


Author's Note

Miss Shea
ignore grammer...and spelling...especially spelling.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very sweet. Beautiful discription of the sky's shades of color.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 13, 2008
Last Updated on March 30, 2008

Author

Miss Shea
Miss Shea

Burlington, NC



About
I believe : Activity [is a necessity] Art [is a way of lifeand has become a huge part of my life] Ideas [are bullet-proof] Books [are addictive] Poetry [is painting with the gift of speech] .. more..

Writing