The act of Silence

The act of Silence

A Poem by Rivaxorus
"

The act, speaks so much about one person

"
Can you imagine
A world without sound
Not a word
Not a whisper
Just Silence

Looking through that open window
With the rain falling
Unable to connect
Unable to feel

There are words moving from our mouths
But nothing is reaching our ears
Where the truth can be heard
Where the lies can be kept

The act of silence
Keeps us at a distance
Keeps us strangle
The act we so forsake

Not one word
Not one sound
Just the body
That they uselessly threw away

© 2013 Rivaxorus


Author's Note

Rivaxorus
And when the attention stops
Are we left completely alone?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very nice piece,
You really have something here. It is pretty straight forward but with a profound conveyance and nature. Silence speaks volumes and you capture those within these lines. There is despondency to silence but often it is self imposed. Most excellent read.

"There are words moving from our mouths
But nothing is reaching our ears
Where the truth can be heard
Where the lies can be kept"

I loved the final two lines. pulling it in and leaving the reader with the curiosities of silence. what does this silence mean perhaps? The read is left to self define what the body is directly and how or why it was thrown away. One must assume again this relates to silence. Great write and read.
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The line "keeps us strangle" didn't make sense to me in this poem. Other than that it's an interesting concept.

Posted 11 Years Ago


To answer your question.. when attention stops are we left completely alone? Yes, alone and forgotten. Some day I need to write a poem about that. As for silence, sometimes I am grateful for it. But then I am left to my own thoughts, which can be sometimes frightening. Your poem poses some interesting questions, reasons to stop and ponder. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A great write on silence and the power to imagine its absence ... A lot to ponder...Good job...:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I hear bad break-up. But that's cause we do live in a world of sound. Grammatically, you are missing a 'd' on the end of strangle. Good poem though Seimei, even if I've misunderstood the meaning behind it. If I have, then your way of explaining how you or, someone was left high-and-dry with no explanation, discarded like a piece of meat was done really well. Although, I got a little hung up on the line, "The act we so forsake" but it didn't take away from the impact. Good Job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rivaxorus

11 Years Ago

It's actually mostly about my surroundings in general. In the irony of it all I've always been surro.. read more
An interesting exercise, imagining the silence. Is it the words that give us worth - so that without them being received, we are useless? A thought-provoking read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very nice piece,
You really have something here. It is pretty straight forward but with a profound conveyance and nature. Silence speaks volumes and you capture those within these lines. There is despondency to silence but often it is self imposed. Most excellent read.

"There are words moving from our mouths
But nothing is reaching our ears
Where the truth can be heard
Where the lies can be kept"

I loved the final two lines. pulling it in and leaving the reader with the curiosities of silence. what does this silence mean perhaps? The read is left to self define what the body is directly and how or why it was thrown away. One must assume again this relates to silence. Great write and read.
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2013

Author

Rivaxorus
Rivaxorus

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hello there my name is Abby Lawless, although I do prefer the nickname Rivaxorus. I'm Seventeen years old and live in California. I love writing, I'm hoping to make a career and live off of working wi.. more..

Writing
Motivation Motivation

A Poem by Rivaxorus



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..