Chapter 6: Connecting

Chapter 6: Connecting

A Chapter by Selenium

    "Lela! You get off of her this instant!" I yelled.
"MAAAOOOW!" Lela screeched and hung onto Disaster Crescentia's jacket hood, running her paws through Crescentia's messy dark hair.
Crescentia laughed and smiled, which I haven't seen her do in a while, and fearlessly picked up Lela from her back. 
"Coochie-coooop! Hey lil' Lie-lya" She giggled, happier than I have seen her since the first day of school. 
Lela purred and placed both her paws on Crescentia's cheeks, then rocketed out and into the kitchen. We laughed and our voice echoed through the empty home. We were standing in the living room, our backpacks slung over our shoulders. Mom had yet another date with this Hank guy and wasn't gonna be back until 6:00, which gave us about 3 hours of fun.
We went upstairs and took a seat on my bed.
"So, Crescentia," I said dropping my backpack on the floor and pulling a pillow from the front of the bed to under my tuchus to cushion it. 
"Tell me about yourself!" I said. Even though it was a bit awkward to say.
"Well," she said adjusting herself and straightening out her jacket front. "I'm from Germany, my mother and father were from the-"
"What their names?" I butted in, quickly regretting it.
"Oh, Bert and Emera. And as I was saying, they were from there. I was raised there until I was 7, then I moved here. My mother stayed in Germany with my oma, grandma. My father is here, but he is working constantly, so I take care of home things."
I was amazed. She had a big history of her life while I was just a blade of grass, growing in the same spot. She was a dandelion, always moving around, growing in new places, a variety. 
"Crescentia, that's amaaazing!" I said. 
"Call me Cress, or Cressy, something like that, four syllables too much, yes?"
I chuckled. "Yeah, okay Cress. And call me Cass? Or Cassy?" 
Cress laughed, "Okay!". 
We were officially friends. Best friends maybe, because we were on a real name basis, AND nicknames, PLUS they both were similar! 
"Cress, w-what was that paragraph you wrote for Mrs. Lousky? About plates and smashing?"
Cress sighed and pulled out another journal from her backpack that resembled the one full of "wings and German words" only grey. 
I took it from her hands and Cress looked away, in disappointment? I looked in it and in it were pictures, lost of them. 
One of the sky, trees and the dark sky, not a star. 
There isn't a star in the sky
There isn't a moon shown.
The moon is missing
Another picture was under it, an hourglass with black rims sitting on a brown table, sand was dropped down and there were a couple grains left in the top.
Sand is ticking
The next one was a huge one that took up the two next pages. It was a painting on yellow paper of men with armor and shields holding swords and bows. 
Titans clashing
The next photo was a black and white medium sized one of a man yelling at another woman who resembled Cress. The view of the photo looked like from the floor. The man was dropping plates onto the floor and shards were scattered on the floor.
"Cress, is there some big memory that I don't know about?"
Jesus, this was turning into a drama show already.
Crescentia sighed and began rubbing her fingers together as if she was trying to start a fire. 
"I, don't want to speak about it, okay?"
"Yeah! Yeah, that's fine Crescentia." I said nervously.
The next few moments were silent, I just looked the other way as Cress did and occasionally took peeks and saw what she was doing.
"So, would you like to work on the homework?" I said, breaking the silence. 
"Yes, that'd be great, and I'm having trouble in math with frictions, can you help?" Cress asked.
"Fractions, they're called fractions. And of course I'll help, what are friends for anyway?" I smiled.
Cress smiled back and zipped open her backpack. 
"Yeah, friends."


© 2011 Selenium


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on September 29, 2011
Last Updated on September 30, 2011
Tags: lucid, teen, young adult, teen & young adult, humor, action, drama, sort of adventure, selinium


Author

Selenium
Selenium

Madison , WI



About
My name is Selina and I enjoy writing stories, I am very awkward...hi? more..

Writing