At War

At War

A Chapter by Eryn ♪

He stands there across the battlefield standing resolute,
And I wonder what is to come.
We settled our fight months ago, I the victor sent him to sleep where I once lay.
"It's time to choose." He says the sand swirling around his feet.
"Choose what?" I ask.
"The course of your destiny."
He has come to start again the war for the future of my being.
"I thought we finished this." I say, though I can hear a the wavering of my own voice.
"I thought so too, but even now you are unsure, and to be honest I'm selfish. I was brought into this world solely so that our brothers would be born, meant to fade into the darkness once more. But I want to live again, so it's time to decide. Will you fight as the banished queen you are and regain your home, or will you let fall that place to me?"
With that he draws his blade, crude and deadly, ready to kill. I know that if I wish to continue existing I will have to fight him, probably kill him, but I don't want to. Still I ready my sword and take a fighting stance.
I have only the blink of an eye before he has closed the vast distance between us. Consumed by his desire he lunged at me and I barely have time to dodge. And so the battle rages into full force. For hours we trade blows, neither side backing down.
"What are you fighting for?" He asks knocking me to the ground. "The imaginary friends you have created for yourself?"
"No." I answer, "for the our friends that don't want me to disappear."
He takes me on blow for blow and then some, soon I am battered and bruised.
I know he has the power to beat me, but I wont give in.
"How is it you still stand after all that has happened?" he asks.
"Because I know who I want to be." I say and I am surprised to realize it is true. I have found the person I want to be. With new resolve I set my blade into position.
"Darkness will come to light, Light shall fall into darkness."
These words pass through my mind as I charge at him. I who was banished, lost in darkness, have found my way. He who lived in the light, has let his heart fall into shadows.
With a final blow from my blade his own shatters and the wound is set. He is no more.
I am Summer Shadowbane.


© 2013 Eryn ♪


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 23, 2013
Last Updated on June 4, 2013


Author

Eryn ♪
Eryn ♪

Ontario, Canada



About
I am 21 with red hair and aqua eyes. I face life one picture, one word at a time. Some call me odd, I prefer eccentric. I have fought my demons and I have won. I am known to have ADD. I move forw.. more..

Writing
Battle Royal Battle Royal

A Story by Eryn ♪


Waking Waking

A Chapter by Eryn ♪