Yang 1

Yang 1

A Chapter by Eryn ♪

"SLEEP CYCLE HAS BEEN DISRUPTED." A mechanical voice chimes causing me to spring to my feet. After Years of slavery you learn to wake up quickly. Though I was not greeted by the same dank cell I had called home. Instead, I find myself surrounded by pristine white walls, an untouched bed, and a single white chair. Maybe my life had finally come to an end. It was a nice thought, but my aching joints said otherwise. On the bed was a plain white gown, clearly meant for me. It wasn't really to my taste, but a hell of a lot better than the rags I had worn for so long. As I reached for the gown, I noticed my bare arms, pure white where my shackles had been. It was shocking, and left me feeling uneasy and naked. Carefully I slipped the gown over my head, wincing as it touched the exposed skin. It was snug against my chest, though not uncomfortably so.

After I changed, I made my way to the door. It too had a blank white surface, with no handle to speak of. Clearly another cell, just cleaner. Yet to my surprise, as I placed my hand against the door it moved smoothly aside to let me into a brightly lit hallway with the same white walls. I attempted to find a marker of some kind, a bearing of some sort, but the walls were all the same. Sighing to myself I picked a direction and begin walking.

As I turned down one of the many branching corridors, I noticed a young girl and a man walking at the other end. The young girl looked to be young, in her early teens, with short red hair and silver eyes. She wore a white gown like mine, though hers seemed to have red rose petals printed on it. She stopped as she noticed me, giving me a warm smile and a wave. The man, by contrast, was cold. He had messy black hair, and dark red eyes that sent shivers down my spine. He put a hand on the girl's shoulder and firmly moved her on. I wearily put up a hand to wave as they move out of sight.

As I continued to walk through the maze of hallways I heard sounds coming from a set of doors. The first door had a glowing red strip along it's frame. It didn't react to my hand; the same as most doors. The second door had a sign in several languages I didn't know. Placing my hand against this door caused it to recede. Inside the room stood a tall Asian man in green at what appeared to be several controls.
"Watch yourself Miles." The man said to the console in front of him.
"Is that it?" A voice asked, projecting loudly in the room, "I thought you said this would be difficult Ren."
At that time the man, Ren, noticed me. He held a finger to his lips telling me to stay silent. I keep my mouth shut and moved closer. On the screen was the owner of the voice I heard earlier. He seemed to be running around a snowy environment. Every so often Ren would press some buttons on the control panel and give the man on the screen, Miles, some directions.
Miles was amazing.
He would take down wave after wave of enemies, his blue eyes never wavering from their target.
"One minute until detonation." Ren says. Miles didn't flinch. A blip on the screen shows his location, the target point is close. Though with only thirty seconds remaining, the man was a goner.
"Hurry up Miles." Ren says, his tone still flat. He must have had a lot of faith that thing would go successfully.
"TEN, NINE, EIGHT..." The monitor says. I watched Miles slip down an unmarked corridor. This was bad.
"SEVEN, SIX FIVE..."
I watched him get farther and farther away. I clenched my fists and grit my teeth.
"FOUR, THREE, TWO..."
I close my eyes.
"MISSION SUCCESSFUL." The monitor chimes and my eyes nearly pop out of their sockets.
"WHAT!?" I exclaim.
"Ren, who was that?" Milesw asked and the facility around him faded to grey.
"Well it seems sleeping beauty here has finally woken up." Ren said.
A moment later, the door opened and Miles walked in.


© 2016 Eryn ♪


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great chapter! But I couldn't help noticing that you used my name. Is this just a coincidence or have you actually ready my fan fiction, Order of Seasons? If yes, then I'm flattered. If not, then check it out! I think you'd like it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Eryn ♪

7 Years Ago

Hahaha no, my friend came up with it. I'm just working off of his base.
Miles W.

7 Years Ago

Ha ha! Okay.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 18, 2016
Last Updated on June 18, 2016
Tags: RWBY, AU, Futrure, Yang Xiao Long, Yang


Author

Eryn ♪
Eryn ♪

Ontario, Canada



About
I am 21 with red hair and aqua eyes. I face life one picture, one word at a time. Some call me odd, I prefer eccentric. I have fought my demons and I have won. I am known to have ADD. I move forw.. more..

Writing
Battle Royal Battle Royal

A Story by Eryn ♪


Waking Waking

A Chapter by Eryn ♪