Chapter 3: Goodbye

Chapter 3: Goodbye

A Chapter by Shadow
"

The next week was full of activity preparing for Alexis' departure. Packing, hugging, goodbyes; it became a rather sad week indeed. Even the bratty Veronica was unnerved by it all...

"

The next week was full of activity preparing for Alexis' departure. Packing, hugging, goodbyes; it became a rather sad week indeed. Even the bratty Veronica was unnerved by it all. Although, Alexis rather enjoyed quitting her job and telling her boss exactly what she thought of her. That had been fun.

 

All too soon, though, the week ends. Alexis says her final goodbyes and climbs into the old car with her father. They try to talk during the trip, but they can't seem to find the heart to talk, so much of the trip is spent in silence. Finally, Alexis tries another attempt at conversation.

 

"So...where is this place, anyway?" Her father glances at her with nervous expression.

 

"Truth be told. I have no idea. I don't even know where I'm driving. I just know that I'm going to get there."

 

Silence falls upon the small car again as they continue on to their destination.

 

#

 

After about two hours of driving, they finally arrive at the front gates of the mansion. They both exit the vehicle and pull out Alexis' bags. They stand there and just stare at the gate for several minutes. Alexis takes a deep, shaky breath and looks to her father.

 

"Well. I guess this is really it, huh?" Arthur nods, tears glistening in his eyes.

 

"Yeah." He shakes his head." I can't believe this is really happening. It just seems so surreal." He suddenly pulls her into a strong hug. "I'm going to miss you so much, Lexa. We all are." She looks her father in the eyes and smiles.

 

"I'm going to miss all you guys, too. I know it's hard on all of you." She seems to reconsider her statement as she breaks of the hug with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Well, 'cept maybe Ronnie. She's probably ecstatic." This prompts a laugh from her father.

 

"Now, now. You know she's going to miss you as much as the rest of us." Then begins to frown. "Just be careful, okay sweetheart?" 

 

"Don't worry, Daddy. You know me. I'm a strong girl. I may have a tendency to get myself into a mess, but I can also get myself back out. I'll be fine." She gives her father one last hug. "I love you, Daddy." Arthur can no longer hold back his tears. He returns the hug and whispers to her.

 

"I love you, too, Lexa."

 

At that, they break apart. Alexis picks up her bags and walks through the gate. She takes one last look back at her father and smiles warmly as the gates slam shut.



© 2012 Shadow


Author's Note

Shadow
This is a very rough draft.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on December 19, 2012
Last Updated on December 19, 2012
Tags: garden, rose, alexis, beauty, beast, destiny, fate, chaos, fantasy, romance, discovery, scarecrow, dimitri, time, flowers, magic, life, hope, dreams


Author

Shadow
Shadow

San Tan Valley, AZ



About
I'm a video editor for a small company that does primarily business videos. I enjoy writing in my spare time. more..

Writing