The meeting.

The meeting.

A Chapter by ShadowedKiss

Harsh words coming out of his thoughts, my brain is hearing these words.

He doesn’t know that I know what he is thinking about doing, which by the way is NOT very pleasant.  So I just act as if I am terrified and watch as he tries. His name is Johnnie Steven’s, he is a news reporter, but not a very well-known one, and he wouldn’t be very well missed if he went missing. I plan on kissing him, yes but not until I find out what he wanted to kill me for, I mean why attack someone you don’t even know about?

Well turns out it wasn’t that hard to beat him or get information out of him. Well he did know a little about me, some of which I’m not sure how he would know about me. I don’t share much information about myself, because if I put it out there people might put things together and figure out I’m different. When people figure out your different, they tend to not like you and think that you don’t deserve to live. Many times has that happened to me in the many years that I’ve been alive.

Always changing your name is not easy, by the way I would know because I have to do it a lot. I have been from A to Z, but every time skipping S. Too many memories with names with S. I can’t go back and change things, but I can look back and remember and that’s bad enough for me, my memory is too good for me to just forget it. The one time when everything felt so right, then it happened. My whole world changed.

Monday I go in and check out the school that I will be starting. It’s just a public school, no one here will think about just a new girl. The office staff was not hard to get to do what I wanted them to do. Now the student’s might be a whole different story, well the girls anyway. Boys are attracted to a girl by her looks, and if I do say so myself, I don’t look too bad. I have long black-blue hair; I am pale, and am thin.  I have long thick eyelashes, warm and inviting blue-green eyes. This is a deadly combination. Plus guys mainly focus on my chest anyway.

Classes, I have no problem with, I don’t even have to pay attention and I will pass. History I’m great with, that could be because I’ve been alive for almost four hundred years…The only class that’s going to give me a real thing to do is Physical Education, and that should be fun, I love to do anything like that.

When the first bell rang I headed for homeroom, Science with Mrs. Merry. She is an older lady, maybe she and I will get along very well. Mrs. Merry sits me next to a guy named Pete Blain. He is a jock and thinks he will score big with me because I look harmless, what he doesn’t know is that he doesn’t have a chance with me. When the tardy bell rings, Mrs. Merry asks me to stand and tell three things about myself, two true and one lie. “The class has to pick which is the lie” she explained. “My name is Amy Smith. I have lived in every country, my favorite time of the day is midnight, and I hate when jocks think they can take advantage of me.” As soon as the words came from my mouth Pete went red. “I think the lie is the midnight one.”  A guy standing in the doorway said, I didn’t even hear him coming and that scares me. “Miss Smith, is that the lie?” Mrs. Merry asks, I stand there amazed the boy looks so familiar, but I don’t know where from. This also scares me, I never forget a face. “Miss Smith?” “Oh umm sorry?” I heard the question but the doorway guy had my full attention. “Was the midnight the lie? Or was the living in every country one the lie?” he had moved over to where he sits in the room, and was sitting when I realized everyone was waiting for me to answer. “The midnight one was the truth, the country one was the lie, I have never lived in China.” Mrs. Merry was the next to talk after the class went silent. “Wow, is that the only place?” my replay only came after a paper airplane came over my shoulder. “Yes mame, and no mame, I have never lived there, however I have often visited” she was very amused by this, that was when the bell rang.

The paper airplane had my name, well the most current one, on the cut side. When I went home that day I was determined to open it. Just when I walked through my door my only thought was how I couldn’t wait to see who had thrown it. I put my books down on the table and went to the living room. The note inside said: “I didn’t mean to embarrass you. My name is Blake White, and well sorry if my old buddy Pete was a jerk, he will not do it again. If you would like to chat my cell number is 555-032-3233.” My face felt hot, I think I might have just blushed!...

The next day at school, Blake made sure Pete wouldn’t do anything; Blake also asked if he and Pete could switch seats. Blake and I had all the same classes except Physical Education, so Mrs. Merry agreed. “Hey did you get my note yesterday? If not its fine.” He looked as if he was just asking to make sure I knew his name, but nothing else. “Yes, I got it, its Blake right?” He looked surprised. “so you did read it, and yeah it is, and your Amy, and you love midnight, lived in every country but China, although you have visited there, and you’re not into Pete being a jerk who thinks he can control you?” he knew all of those things from yesterday. “Good job, someone did pay attention to something other than how different I look.”, “Well, looks aren’t everything, but then again you are very beautiful. Wow..I can NOT believe I just said that.” He looked away and blushed. “Don’t worry you aren’t the only one who has said that to me today, and thanks I guess, that sounded conceded.”  Mrs. Merry started to talk science, but my mind was out of this world, talking to Blake was too easy; I have to be careful with what I say around him. But for some reason I don’t think I have anything to worry about, about him, other than the fact I never hear him coming, and I can’t read him…That may be a problem.

 

 

 



© 2012 ShadowedKiss


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the device of having Amy tell the class three things etc., it's a really engaging way of introducing some things about the character.

Posted 11 Years Ago


ShadowedKiss

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
So I am like already wanting to read more!! And ohhh I sooooo looooovvveeeee Midnight!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 28, 2012
Last Updated on November 29, 2012


Author

ShadowedKiss
ShadowedKiss

About
Hi im 17, and I am just wanting to see how my writing turns out? more..

Writing