Prologue; The Coming War

Prologue; The Coming War

A Chapter by Shadowkai

            “Run now!” She shouted as of countless golems and imps stormed the castle, and barrages of arrows rained down upon them.

Maria was a Valkyrie, her unique skills were vital to their success. She could see the flow of a battlefield, and predict who was next to die when and how. It was a gift she would rather not have but as long as she did she would use it to keep her men alive.

She looked out onto a field caked in blood and littered with those who have fallen. It never got any easier, but it was all a part of war. “Maria!” a voice called from far behind her. It was William, her second in command. He was running towards her as barrages of arrows were launched by the enemy. She flew forward and grabbed him, hiding under an overturned stone. She flinched at the sound of several men falling to their deaths, their bodies filled with arrows.

“Those cold-blooded savages!” She screamed as rage filled her eyes.

“Maria, be careful,” William said trying to calm her down, but it was pointless.

She rose into the air high above the battle. Taking her sword in hand she raised it up to the sky above her. With one swift swing of her sword, a gust of wind cut across the battlefield. Following the wind, came fire. Mass destruction was at the will of her sword, she could kill them all if she pleased. She almost did, her rage was overcoming her and almost half of the ground beneath her was quenched in flames.

Once she had finally snapped out of it, the toll had settled in and she fell from the sky. She hit the ground hard, but the battle had been won. William ran to her he picked her up and carried her back to his horse. As they rode off back towards base camp, the rest of the battalion followed. This was a victory for humanity, the first in a very long time.

Humans were a minority in Lacuna and were known for being the weakest. Valkyries were few in numbers but strongest warriors in the land. Followed by the werewolves and the wendigos who weren’t very popular among the rest. Though the two species were mainly wicked, a few packs of wolves were actually friendly.

Lacuna had been under siege for a long time, with constant rival butting heads and alliances dragging others into war. It felt as if it would never end, but the people and beings of Lacuna had no clue what was coming, and it will all depend on the courage of the few to save Lacuna from certain destruction.



© 2015 Shadowkai


Author's Note

Shadowkai
This is just an idea, let me know if you guys and gals think I should continue.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good idea! I can smell a new interesting story coming along!!
*Excitement*
Can't wait to read more

Posted 8 Years Ago


I really like Fantasy books and this sounds like a pretty original and interesting concept. A big war between several races, sounds good to me. The idea of the Valkyrie and her abilities seems solid as well.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2015
Last Updated on October 26, 2015


Author

Shadowkai
Shadowkai

Rochester, NY



About
I am a 16 year old writer, i will be posting one to two poems each day. On every Monday i will post additions to "The End of Humanity" and every Wednesday i will add to "Bane of The Darkness". Fridays.. more..

Writing
All Alone All Alone

A Poem by Shadowkai