Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Shane Williams

 

Chapter 5


Matius looks at Dervish other in confusion before looking at the other cloaked strangers around the fire. “Why are you here? And just who are these people?”, Dervish raises his head looking into Matius’s confused face. “I’m here because we are in need of your help. All of us, including me”, Matius confused shakes his head, “What do you mean?” Dervish lowers his head sighing before looking into the flames of the fire. “Something is happening, something very big. I felt it from your world, he’s back isn’t he. The one you call Dervish. I knew you needed help, this is exactly why we are here and we are here for you”.
  Finished speaking Dervish other lowers his head, the hood hiding his face. Matius focuses his attention on the strangers sitting around the burning it’s flames flickering in the air. The atmosphere is silent and serious. He then notices one of them with aged pale blue skin, a sign of an angel. He raises his noticing Matius before suddenly rising up in apology, “Matius I’d like to say how truly sorry we are for your treatment, please can you forgive us?” Matius nods in confusion. “Who are you?”, Matius questions. “I am one of the angelic council”, he replies with authority,  “We are here not because we want to be, but because this situation demands our attention. This time we must act”. In understanding Matius nods before noticing Ivan’s other sat alongside Ivan’s brother. He raises his head, his one good eye looking at him in acknowledgement.


He looks around the fire finding an empty space, he moves past several of the seated group before sitting down looking at the groups weary faces, all serious expressions. The head in charge of the council rises up. “As you are all aware the one known as Dervish has risen once more. With an iron grip he controls hell, even the populace can’t stand to him. Even now he’s growing an army, all pledging elegance to him . These are dangerous times for us all”, he clears his throat.
  “We understand that he is now beyond life nor dead. His spirit cannot be destroyed, seeing he has already fallen. Destroying or trapping him seems out of the question”. Alot of nervous talk amongst the fire with Matius listening closely. “At the moment there is not one who can match his power, all except just one. That one is Matius who has time and time again beaten all before him. Like Dervish he has already died and like him he exists here today. There is only one way Dervish can now be defeated”.

The head turns towards an angel by his side before sitting down. “Since the age of the greater angels a weapon was created, it is called  ‘             ‘  . With the power of the entity bestowed upon it, this weapon was used in times of great chaos. If a future was in need of saving, someone could go back in time.  Preventing such events to have ever existed, although this did cause problems. On one such day this weapon was used in the wrong hands, causing great unrest. Ever since this ancient weapon has been kept in secret, hidden to never be seen”. Finished the angel breathes a sign of relief looking back to the head of the council. “Thank you Lenmri, you may sit down”, the head utters as Lenmri sits down.
  “Now from gathered information from our librarians, there are records of such a weapon deep in the ‘Library of Ages’ in heaven. Unfortunately we have too little Intel to point us to the location”. He turns looking to Matius, “If Dervish were to find out about our plans he won’t hesitate in attacking both heaven and earth as I know he will”. The head turns towards Matius looking for guidance, “As our hope Matius you have the choice in who protects heaven and which people to send to protect earth”. Matius stops in thought looking towards the robed angelic council, “angels from the council, you have the right to defend your home. Those from the otherworld and Ivan’s son, you can be the last line of defence for earth”. Everyone nods in agreement. “Then it’s settled”, the council head declares, “we will protect our home while those from the otherworld will stand ad fight for those of earth and Matius”.


“There’s just one more thing”, Matius utters grabbing everyone’s attention, “There was something I was told by Dervish, when I was held prisoner. He explained that…that I’m a son of Sousan”. Everyone suddenly stops moving, looking directly at Matius. “That’s impossible. To our knowledge Sousan only had two sons, not three”. Matius lowers his head, “I’m sorry but that’s wrong. When I was imprisoned Dervish explained to me that Sousan had written a diary of his life. He told me that three sons were born; I was just the unlucky one to be cast aside. Sousan wouldn’t lie..”. 

  Dervish other suddenly raises his head in interest, “Matius. Is this true?”. Matius looks towards Dervish giving a nod, much to his delight. “This is brilliant!! We might all still have a chance!”, everyone around the fire starts talking excitedly all except Matius who remains confused. “I don’t understand”, he mutters looking to Dervish other, “What do you mean we have a chance? He’s way stronger than I am!” Dervish other looks at Matius in confidence, “That maybe but you yourself have the powers of a son... You could be far stronger than he is!”. Dervish other stands before the cloaked figures, “I ask your permission to help Matius unlock the depths of his power”. Several of the council nod in agreement, “I don’t see why it can’t be tried. Matius are you happy to do this?”. Mastius gives a confident nod, “Sure, I’ll do anything to stop that monster, you can count me in!” “Alright then it’s settled, Dervish you will train Matius. In the meantime we will go to heaven in order for preparation of your arrival... Understood?”. Both Matius and Dervish give a nod. “Everyone you are dismissed”. Dervish other rises from his seat approaching Matius. “All right Matius, place your hand on my shoulder”, Dervish other instructs watching as Matius nears him, outstretching his arm. The wind starts to blow as both figures disappear from the wildlands.


They both reappear on the otherworld once more. Dervish other turns towards Matius, “please follow me”. They both walk through their version of hell. Matius turns towards Dervish other, “What’s been happening here since we last met?” Matius questions glancing at Dervish other. “Not much”, Dervish other replies, “We’re helping the rebuilding of heaven and it’s remaining citizens alike. As for earth since it’s uninhibited, we’re using as another place for home”. Matius turns towards Dervish other as they walk. “So what happened to your father?”. Dervish other closes his eyes in silence before looking upto to the air. “My father passed away ten years ago. Since then I’ve had to take the heir of the throne. At first I was afraid, but thanks to the patience and confidence of the people I found my feet. Since being ruler I’ve done everything in my power to help my people”.
  Dervish other suddenly stops walking approaching a door. “Well here we are, these are my living quarters. Please don’t touch anything, I would rather not have anything broken”. Matius gives a understanding nod, in response Dervish other opens the door.

What awaits Matius is a long room decorated with possessions and certificates, hanging proudly from the walls. Matius notices there are also some older possessions with dust resting on the surfaces, perhaps passed down from forefathers. Matius walks further into the collection room, noticing even awards of accomplishment in the army academy.“You sure have achieved alot in your life”, Matius hints impressed. “Yes”, Dervish responds grasping a medal rubbing away the dusr, “I was my father’s favourite son. Mainly because I treated him like a real father. My brothers were too interested in hobbies and training, ”. Dervish satisfied puts the medal down walking ahead.


  As they walk forwards Matius looks at all the possessions shelved along the corridor, many placed behind glass. Perhaps his most treasured of belongings, several made from valuable minerals. He suddenly pauses, his eyes catch something. In an open glass cabinet is a framed photo, without a single dust speck. Matius curious draws closer noticing its Dervish and women holding hands like a couple. With interest he reaches towards it clumsily before the slightest touch knocks it from its place, landing on the floor. Dervish pauses in movement turning around, flushed with anger. He walks over to him calmly containing his annoyance. “Didn’t I say don’t touch anything?”, he utters prideful of the photo. “I’m sorry”, Matius utters guiltily looking down to the ground, trying not to watch. Dervish picks up the framed photo rubbing the picture removing excess dirt. Dervish looks into the photo of a young happy self with his wife smiling before she died on that tragic day. His expression changes to sadness as Matius approaches from the side, looking at the photo. “Is that your wife?”, he asks in pity. “Yes, she was my wife, I used to have such good memories with her”, Dervish utters,  “I treasure this photo to preserve the memory of her, her purity”.
  Sighing Dervish other places the photo back into the glass cabinet, looking towards Matius. “Have you ever fallen in love Matius?”, Dervish other questions glumly. “Umm No, can’t say I have…” Matius replies. “It’s the greatest feeling”, Dervish other answers, “to be with someone who cares of your existence, who cherishes you… It’s hard to replace”. Finished Dervish other then wakes up looking ahead, “We’d better keep moving, the training room isn’t far away”. Matius gives a little nod as both leave the possessions room.


They start walking down a long wide step of stairs, lined with white carpeting. Matius glances at the sides only to find panels of glass have replaced the walls. Confused Matius turns towards Dervish other. “Hey, umm what happened to the walls?” Matius questions.  “Oh don’t worry about that, it’s normal”, Dervish other mentions, “it’s just altering to the conditions of the training room”. Matius looks in bemusement, “conditions?”. Dervish other allows himself a smile, “yes. The training room has conditions, not like any normal room you’ve seen before. It’s built for the very purpose to let loose”. Dervish other glances at Matius, “you will see what I mean, when we set foot”. They continue going down several steps before they finally reach the last step.

Around them is a vast open room filled with windows of glass, covering the sides and ceiling. On further notice Matius recognises several angelic symbols shimmering in the glass before fading away like a pulse. The floor is made from white ceramic tiling, soft like chalk yet strangely polished. “This my personal training room”, Dervish other announces, “A room built to contain the powers of a son”. Matius walks ahead mesmerized by the sheer beauty and size of it all.

“Wow this place is huge! Did you create this?” Matius asks impressed. Dervish walks ahead smiling to himself, “No this place wasn’t built by me. Before your coming to our world I had friends in heaven”. Matius stops in surprise, “You had friends from heaven?” Dervish other allows himself to smile, “why yes. They were the ones who taught me the teachings of heaven. Their magic, their fighting skills. They taught me everything. Once you had returned to your world I knew I needed a place where I could train, keep my endurance and skills high. With their help we created this place, a room specifically built for high level training. It’s built to withstand the forces from inside”. Matius looks around the place in admiration, “so how are we going to do this?”.
  Dervish other lowers his head, “for you to trigger your power, I need to make you angry”. Matius worryingly pauses looking upwards. “Is that suppose to be a joke?”, Matius remarks. “No it’s not”, Dervish other replies approaching Matius. “Tell me every time you have fought Dervish have you ever felt angry, scared. Like your body is about to explode with emotion?” Matius pauses in though thinking to himself, “Yer…You could say that. I’ve felt anger for what’s he’s done, who he’s hurt. Sometimes I just lose myself, but I’m afraid of it…” Dervish other turns his head, “afraid of what?”, he questions.

“Afraid of what I would become. Would my emotions make me no better than him?”

Dervish other lowers his head in annoyance before turning to Matius. “Then don’t let your emotions CONTROL you!” In retaliation he kicks out at Matius in the stomach. Matius falls to the floor, clutching his stomach in suprise. “What the hell was that for?”,Matius demands slightly annoyed. Dervish ignores him, his attention elsewhere. “This is the first step of finding your potential. If I have to insult you to find it then so be it!” In anger Dervish other knees Matius in the face knocking him into the ground. “Tell me Matius, how does it feel to know you are cast out, left for adoption on the streets?! Rejected by your own blood?”. Matius weakly looks up at Dervish, “stop this…please”. In anger Dervish other grips Matius’s throat face to face. “What about your own comrades Matius?” he shouts, “he took them away from you didn’t he. Used them for his SACRIFICES, for his own needs. You couldn’t even save your MEN!”. Matius shakes in discomfort looking to the floor. Unsatisfied Dervish other hits Matius in the head, knocking him over. “What about your friend? LEMIONAS?! Did it hurt when you found his dead body, by my side?! Maybe I wanted him dead?”. Matius raises his head glaring at Dervish other; the ground itself starts to vibrate. “Stop it!!”, Matius shouts his expression starting to turn angry. Dervish other then notices loose pieces of tilling moving from the vibrations, looking back to Matius. “How do you feel that your life has been nothing but lies? Fed to you since you was a child!!”. Matius starts breathing heavily as the ground starts to crack steadily. “You lost your friends, your world. All this is because of you. You’re weak!”. Matius head hangs low in silence as the tiels continue to crack as a wind starts to grow. Resorting to extreme measures Dervish other approaches him. “You will never find your path in life, NEVER!!”



© 2013 Shane Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on August 18, 2013
Last Updated on August 18, 2013
Tags: Dark, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Monster, Demon, Life, Power, Hell, Earth, Throne, King, Warrior, Son


Author

Shane Williams
Shane Williams

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Dervish photoshop by ~Shane000 on deviantART I am a Illustrator, Photography, can write poems and I'm currently writting a fantasy/action/adventure story which had been influenced my lord of the ri.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shane Williams