Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Shanelle H

The sun has long since retreated from the sky, taking its Illuminating, golden rays to shine upon a distant place and over different people. Once the sun has retired from bringing light to our land, our skies are painted black with darkness and the sense of sight is stolen from us. My grandfather used to fill my mind with stories about how the sun used to be the sole guardian of the human race, its bright light warding away any evil creature that lurked in the shadows with nothing but the thirst for blood in their instincts.
The sun never betrayed us and remained loyal, refusing to leave its post in the sky; that was what my grandfather had said. Unfortunately, it had come to a point in time in which mankind had begun to take what they had for granted. The human race turned upon each other, becoming as foul as the creatures the sun had protected them from.

So, the sun left; leaving the humans to fend for themselves against the beasts that were born from the darkness. Although the sun had been betrayed, it remained faithful and came to their rescue once more. It’s shining rays only staying as long as twelve hours before it left each day as a punishment for the traitorous behaviour of mankind.

From the dark creatures of the night and the foolish humans of daylight came three species that wreaked chaos upon the world: vampires, werewolves and hybrids. All three creatures bound to the night and slave to the moon.

This story has always been known to be old folklore, but my grandfather claimed that this legend is how our kind came to be. Of course, the earth had finally found balance after many years and the world had forgotten about the chaos. Now the humans live in ignorance and are oblivious to the fact that they are not alone.

I am no evil creature, despite being born from darkness so long ago. I could never be a foolish human, nor am I the creation of a vampire’s bite. I am no hybrid but rather a shape shifter. I have another soul within me that shares my body and remains my friend as all of my kind has their own inner companion.

I am a werewolf; and now an unwilling Luna.




© 2015 Shanelle H


Author's Note

Shanelle H
I know it's boring, but I feel like it should be there.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very good introduction. Nice characters and very good story line. I like the description create situation and possibilities. I like the open ending. Made me wish to read more. Thank you for sharing the excellent introduction.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's an introduction that starts from Macro and ends at Micro. Taking into account the misery of human beings caused by their own foolishness, you have elongated the plot to interesting beginning. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cool name for a book, opening sucked me right in, loved prologue and first chapter, keep writing!!!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good introduction. Nice characters and very good story line. I like the description create situation and possibilities. I like the open ending. Made me wish to read more. Thank you for sharing the excellent introduction.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 22, 2015
Last Updated on December 22, 2015
Tags: Prologue


Author

Shanelle H
Shanelle H

Sydney, Australia



About
Hiya! I have no way of describing myself at this point in time other than: weird as well as opinionated AND informed. I'm young, awkward and do not fit into my culture's traditional standards of w.. more..

Writing
2. Intentions 2. Intentions

A Chapter by Shanelle H