2. Intentions

2. Intentions

A Chapter by Shanelle H

The Alpha and Luna arrive at exactly 6pm. Moonstreak following behind them through our doorway. My father greets them and ushers them inside as I walk down the steps into our living room.


The company walks into the entertainment area where I have just descended the staircase and wait for them with a polite smile. My dad glances at me briefly and gives me a quick smile, gone as soon as it had appeared.


Moonstreak grins and moves to embrace me, her arms outstretched as she draws closer. The polite but fake smile etched onto my face becomes genuine as I pull her in tightly, my arms wrapped around her neck firmly. Over her shoulder, I find myself catching eye contact with the Alpha who gives me an inquisitive look. I frown lightly, unsure of the meaning of the expression. What had I done? Surely this wasn’t about the small slip up beforehand at the pack house? No, Alpha Aeyrgon’s much too forgiving and laid back to be holding onto that.


Before I can ponder too deeply into what that look meant for me, the hug was over and Moonstreak pulls back. I smile at her and greet the Luna as she moves towards us.


“Accalia, how are you?” Luna Aeyrgon says her voice gentle like the summer breeze. Oh how she seems so sweet and harmless now, when she is threatened or protecting her pack she can be fiercer than most warriors. I’ve seen her make grown warrior status wolves whimper like pups.


I remind myself constantly to be extra respectful around the Luna.

“Very well, thank you. How are you?” I respond immediately, my voice light and sweet. I find it amusing that the both of us act so formal towards each other during meetings but quite normal when I see her every day.


“Fantastic,” she beams. Luna eyes both her daughter and I with a tender expression before suggesting that we should all proceed with the meeting. Moonstreak nudges me, a mischievous grin on her face.


Yes! I’m almost completely positive that we’re included!” She shrieks excitedly into my mind. I grin at her subtly as our elders might catch onto the fact that we are having a silent conversation between ourselves. It is considered rude to speak throughout each other’s minds when in the presence of authority.

Alpha Aeyrgon clears his throat and sets his mouth into a thin line. He readjusts his casual stance to one of authority and formality and the light mood in the room dampens considerably. My father swallows and gestures for us all to take a seat at the table before us.


Something doesn’t feel right,” I murmur to Moonstreak, my eyes narrowing slightly. Although she doesn't answer, I can feel her looking at me. I glance at her and she nods her head fractionally, she agrees.

The Luna moves her hand to rest on top of the Alpha’s larger one. He turns his wrist so that he can clasp her hand comfortingly, a small hint of affection shown through his actions. I want to smile. I want to yearn for a mate of my own. But I cast the thoughts aside and stifle any feelings of longing that arise in my mind. This is a meeting regarding something serious, and my head shouldn’t be in the clouds dreaming of a fairytale prince that doesn’t exist.


“I have called this meeting together to discuss something that concerns the well-being of our pack,” Alpha Aeyrgon begins, inhaling deeply. “Although the Delta’s and the Gamma’s should be here I would rather talk to about this between us five first.”


I shift slightly in my seat, an uncomfortable churning in my stomach making me want to display the contents of my stomach to everyone. I resist that urge.


I have an incredibly bad feeling about this.


“As you may know, the Blood Rite pack is moving our way. It’s been confirmed that they are coming to us specifically,” Alpha sighs, clenching his jaw. My heart lurches and Moonstreak sends me a concerned glance.


Oh God,” she murmurs to me. I wince at the sound of her voice in my head. Although she spoke softly it still has caused my head to pound. My father inhales sharply and his brows furrow.


“Why?” He asks.


The Alpha winces and the Luna shifts uncomfortably.

“Well,” the Luna begins. She turns her gaze towards both her daughter and I, flickering her stare between us. Her eyes finally rest on me. “He said that he could sense her here.”


I frown, “sense who?"


Luna grimaces, swallowing thickly before meeting my gaze once more. “He’s looking for his Mate.” 



© 2015 Shanelle H


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on December 23, 2015
Last Updated on December 23, 2015


Author

Shanelle H
Shanelle H

Sydney, Australia



About
Hiya! I have no way of describing myself at this point in time other than: weird as well as opinionated AND informed. I'm young, awkward and do not fit into my culture's traditional standards of w.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shanelle H