True Story of Snow White

True Story of Snow White

A Story by Shani

What is a fairy tale? Many believe that a fairy tale is simply a fictional story that teaches children a moral, but that is not correct. A fairy tale is actually a piece of history that society wished had not happened. Society made these pieces of history, ridiculous and filled them with love so that they could pass them off as children stories. But the truth is that these stories hold dark secrets that are linked to every disaster mankind has ever faced. One perfect example is the story of Snow White.

Snow White is the story of a princess whose mother, the queen, was jealous of her beauty. Snow White was said to have pale skin and a lovely voice that could soothe animals. Her mother’s hatred grew over the years, until one day she sent a servant to kill Snow White. But the servant could not do it; instead he just abandoned Snow White in the forest. The queen said she wanted Snow White’s heart as proof that she was killed, so servant brought her the heart of a doe in a box instead. While Snow White was lost in the forest, found a cute little cottage that was filthy inside.

With her beautiful voice she got the help of the forest animals to help her clean the cottage. That night she fell asleep and when she woke she found 7 little men. After arguing a little they all decided to let her stay. Snow White lived her days happily until one day her mother found out she was still alive. Her mother disguised herself as an old woman and fed Snow White a poison apple. Snow White then fell asleep, when the 7 dwarfs found her they cried along with all the animals think she was dead. They put her in a glass case in the middle of the forest. Then one day a charming prince was riding by when he spotted her. He opened the case and kissed her. Snow White woke up and they both fell in love. Snow White left with prince and they lived Happily Ever After.

The story of Snow White is true, but this version is not. Snow White is not a cute love story! It is a disturbing story that caused the infamous Black Plague!

Her name is not actually Snow White, is it Hánlěng De Xuě which translates to Cold Snow in Chinese. The reason her name is in Chinese is because Hánlěng De Xuě was not a European princess but a Chinese maid during the Yuan Dynasty in China. This is the true story of Hánlěng De Xuě.
Hánlěng De Xuě was orphaned at the age of 3. Her parents were thieves, and were sentenced to death for trying to steal from the Emperor’s Palace. Hánlěng De Xuě was taken in by the servants to work as a maid, but she never had the talent for cleaning nor cooking. In fact Hánlěng De Xuě liked the opposite. Hánlěng De Xuě was fascinated by things us normal humans found repulsive. She would play with the corpses of animals and she collected varies things. Her favorite collections were her collection of animal eyeballs and her collection of different feces.

The other maids were disgusted and hated to be near her. The head maid decided to make Hánlěng De Xuě in charge of bring food to the prisoners. All the maids hated this job because the prisoners usually had missing limbs and were covered in unknown fungus and mold. Hánlěng De Xuě was different she loved this job. She loved hearing the moans of pain from the prisoners, and she would sing demented songs. Her voice was in fact quite lovely, but it was just too lovely that it was creepy. Animals weren’t soothed; they would just freeze in fear when they heard her voice.

When Hánlěng De Xuě was 17 years old, she did something horrible. One day a prisoner named Lín lù, which means forest deer, had not been able to handle the torture and had died. Hánlěng De Xuě could not help herself. Before anyone came, she sliced off the prisoners fingers and scooped out his eyeballs. She placed the fingers and eyes inside a small box. (This is where the rumor of the doe’s heart in the box comes from.)  Hánlěng De Xuě tried to sneak the box into her room, but she was too obsessed by the box that she didn’t notice the Emperor, Toghun Temϋr. Hánlěng De Xuě crashed in Toghun and the contents of the box spilled onto him. Toghun was so disgust that her sentenced Hánlěng De Xuě to death. The head maid who was like a grandmother to all the maids, even to Hánlěng De Xuě, went to the Emperor and begged him not to kill Hánlěng De Xuě. The head maid and the Emperor made a deal:

“Hánlěng De Xuě would be sent to live with the family of the Head Maid’s sister. If Hánlěng De Xuě could not become a proper maid within a year, she would be sentenced to death.”

The Head Maid’s sister was named Kuàilè, which means happy. Kuàilè was married to a Doctor, and they had 2 children and 3 servants, so overall 7 people lived inside their home. These 7 people are the models for the 7 dwarfs. The 7 dwarfs are actually just Europeans making fun of the stereotype that Asians are short.

Hánlěng De Xuě lived in Kuàilè’s house for 3 months but did not change. She still played with the corpses of animals, especially rats. No one wanted to make her clean or cook because she would clean the dishes with the corpses of animals, grow unknown bacteria in the drinking water and mix in fungus she found in to the food. Kuàilè’s family tried to put up with Hánlěng De Xuě but one day they hit the final straw.

Kuàilè’s daughter, Hàixiū which means shy, saw that Hánlěng De Xuě had a type of swollen gland on her neck. Before long Kuàilè’s husband, found out that Hánlěng De Xuě was infected with an unknown disease. Kuàilè went and asked Hánlěng De Xuě how long she had had those glands. Hánlěng De Xuě said that she had them for as long as she could remember. Kuàilè’s husband said that she must have been immune to the disease, and said that there was nothing they could do, but a week later, Hàixiū died of the same disease.

Kuàilè’s family realized that Hánlěng De Xuě could infect people and they sent an urgent message to the Emperor. When Toghun got the message he went into action immediately. He hired an assassin named Pínggu�', which means apple, from and organization named Dúyào which means poison. Dúyào were used as assassins by the Yuan Dynasty for many years. Pínggu�' was one of their top men, so he had no problem killing Hánlěng De Xuě.
After Hánlěng De Xuě had died the Emperor had her body sent to a secluded forest and placed in a glass case so that the disease could not infect others, but sadly Kuàilè's family were all infected and the disease spread across China. Toghun worked hard to keep the disease from spreading to other countries and believed every other country was safe.

At the same time, a banished Prince arrived in China. Prince Adrastos from the country Zakynthos was banished and disinherited. Zakynthos was a modest country in the Mediterranean Sea and Prince Adrastos was a horrible prince. He would gamble, drink and involved himself in shameful acts. His country could not take anymore and they banished him to China. Prince Adrastos lived in a secluded part of China for a few months and he slowly grew revengeful. One day when he was wandering around he found Hánlěng De Xuě. From the sight of her dead body, which was covered in buboes and her Asian features, he knew she had the disease that was affecting China. Prince Adrastos was said to have taken her body out of the case and he transported Hánlěng De Xuě to Europe. And this was the start of the Black Plague that wound kill millions in Asia and Europe.

The story of Snow white is not a happy one. It is of a demented girl and a horrid prince, being combined to create chaos. This is the true story of Hánlěng De Xuě!

© 2011 Shani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on December 5, 2011
Last Updated on December 5, 2011

Author

Shani
Shani

Phoenix, AZ



About
I'm in high school and I love writing stories :D more..

Writing
Seven Seven

A Story by Shani


Daina Daina

A Poem by Shani


I wish I wish

A Poem by Shani