To Cry

To Cry

A Poem by Shanna (Renae)
"

One of my most distinct memories that I had been meaning to write a poem about for a long time. Finally got around to it.

"
I feel as though
I have been
turned to stone.
 
Around me
tears fall,
people hold each other tight.
 
In the middle of a storm of emotions
I stand
cold and hard.
 
Finally I turn and leave
unnoticed
to where I can be alone.
 
I throw myself on my bed
trying to cry,
but no tears will come to my eyes.
 
Then I remember
the only real comfort.
My tried and true.
 
I reach for my Bible
and read,
nothing in particular.
 
Through every page
I can see
God's love and faithfulness speak.
 
I slowly
drop to my knees,
and give it all to Him.
 
And I know
that it's alright,
I don't have to cry.

© 2009 Shanna (Renae)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow this is a really touching piece. I love the Christian overtones.
The first line really caught me;
I feel as though | I have been | turned to stone.
I read it really quick, said something to my brother and then was like, wait, what? And i looked back and read it through. And read it again. Really good piece of writing, your skill as a poet really shines through!
My only qualm was that I would have liked you to describe the Bible as she picks it up. That would've been nice.
But that was all--good job, Renae!

Scott

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I had to read this again. I had forgotten about this piece. Yes.....I have been through the storms of life and yes....Christ is the refuge which changes not, and yet he changes us into something more beautiful than we were before. I have been absent for a good while now. My work situation demanded it, but I hope to read more of you later. It says something about your writing: I mean that I returned for a second helping. Wonderful, heartfelt writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"And I know
that it's alright,
I don't have to cry."

sometimes jut by having something to believe in, or putting your trust into someone else's hands for a moment really does help someone overcome the pain and suffering hey are feeling. If you take two steps towards God when you are upset, he will run to you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Faith and the grace of God give us comfort when we cannot find it through other people. Most importantly, God's love is always with us.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice.
Gj, No criticisms on this one,
Andrew

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very moving poem. I have felt that way before. Many times when the world I know falls apart, I don't. It is as if I can't feel anything for a little while. I have learned that I am made so that I can help others through their desasters and deal with it myself after it is over. At first you wonder, how can I not be upset right now? Why don't I feel anything? The temperary transition of our hearts to stone is not an apathetic action, but a grace given to us by God allowing us to help those who grieve first. Sometimes when something goes wrong in my life I do not truly grieve until much later. It is not always with tears either. I love that you turn to God's word for comfort and direction. Our Lord Jesus is more than willing to meet with us in the pages of His Word and offer us all we stand in need of. HE gives us grace to live, grace to grieve, and the grace of His direction. Renae this is a wonderful piece that shows spiritual maturity. I really enjoyed it. May God richly bless you!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What are they talking about: Christian undertones. This piece is overtly Christian in nature and is a wonderful read. When the storms of life rage against us, even agnostics and athiests turn to him....whether with groanings or outright prayers.....we're wired that way.

I loved it.

Markymark

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very touching piece. Beautifully written and nice christian undertones.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful, really wonderful.
I've had moments like this before so it really resonates with me.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well done. I really felt it!
Cheers!
Ff

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great job, I really like this poem. It flows well and I like the content. It's intresting and it made me want to read it again (which I did). Sorry I am not very good reviewing poems, normally I review storries, but great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

752 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 30, 2009
Last Updated on April 25, 2009

Author

Shanna (Renae)
Shanna (Renae)

Sunshine Spokane, WA



About
I'm the older sis of Jane. If she's not Jane anymore, don't worry about it. She has a thing about experimenting with new names. She's crazy, but awesome and we're the best of friends. She actually set.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..