My Superhero

My Superhero

A Story by Shasha
"

A superhero never dies, A believe never dies.

"
A belief makes memories immortal, he is my belief, my little hero, spreading happiness in my little world. A body is not the one to mark the presence but the love.
"Mommy, can I become a superhero?" he asked me once, my little angel. His eyes were loaded with hope and he had a spark in his voice. I don't know why but my eyes forced a drop of water out, I said "You are already one, child." and hugged him with a fear to lose him, because I knew that he was suffering from blood cancer.
He used to say to me that "mum, when I will become a hero, I will wash all your tears, I don't know why do you always cry." his childish voice thought that a superhero can take all the grieves of the world, but if he was correct then I wish a hero to take my grieves too. Still, I hear his voices echoing in the corridors trying to kill the monsters, saying "I am practicing mum." He used to surprise me at least twice a day, by hiding and then scaring me, that time, I used to stop him from doing it but now, I want him to do that, I wish god that one last time, he to  surprise me by jumping out from behind the door. 
See the faces of time, sometimes it makes you happy enough that you feel like you got the heaven and sometimes teary as hell. Today I feel... I feel only if he would be here, my boy, my love, I am sorry for the tears. My angel, always used to say, "A hero is always there, maybe you can't see him but he will always be with you, in the best of all and even in the worst of all situations." I still remember once he gave me a piece of paper to proof read, it said "A hero is always there to serve people, he will always be there to save them from the evil. He will always be there to save others' smile. A hero never dies." He don't know what he wrote in these four lines, the only four lines which have saved me from dying within and this is true, he is still there, maybe not in the face I know but maybe in other form to mark a smile in someone else's face. I believe his words, he is still alive, my superhero is still alive to save the world.

© 2017 Shasha


Author's Note

Shasha
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this story. Kind and wonderful use of words.
"He used to say to me that "mum, when I will become a hero, I will wash all your tears, I don't know why do you always cry."
The above lines. Perfect and needed. Thank you Shasha for sharing the amazing story.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shasha

6 Years Ago

You always make me smile! Thank you very much!!!
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I enjoyed this one and you are welcome.
This is beautifully written about a precious heartfelt topic. I find myself wondering if this is true to your life or is it fiction? I hope it's fiction. Losing a child must be the worst thing EVER. You've written this in a bittersweet way, showing the bravery of the child & the sincerity of the love, but also with a haunting sad mood that lingers around the edges of your story. Excellent real-life observations, which to me is the best way to write.

In a few places, you use "believe" (which is a verb, describing action) . . . when I think you might mean to use "belief" (a noun, describing the thing that's being believed). Near the end of 2nd paragraph, "loose" should be "lose" . . . near the end, "dyeing" should be "dying" . . .

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shasha

6 Years Ago

Thank you, dear!
It's a fiction not from my life
Thank you again because there are onl.. read more
I love the story! It's really beautiful. But there are some technical problems here and there. I would've appreciate more paragraphs and better grammar. More capitalization and paragraphs, believe it or not, make a story more pleasing to the eye, and thus easier to understand and appreciate. Otherwise, I loved it!

Love,
Vasilees

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shasha

6 Years Ago

Thank you Vasilees, I will try my best to improve.
Vasilees Sybissyl

6 Years Ago

Look at the story now! It's a beauty! Thank you for listening to my words. Yes, constant betterment .. read more
Shasha

6 Years Ago

Thanks Vasilees, I always try to keep your points, they are useful.
Wow , awesome writing and lucid idea!
I have some corrections, though:
In the first line, instead of 'angle' shouldn't it be 'angel'?
And some spellings need to be revised. That's all!
But this truly is wonderful piece of yours! Waiting for more!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shasha

6 Years Ago

Thank you Soumya! I will make corrections.
This is so simple. So moving and without any fluff.
Well penned Sanhvi.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shasha

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Tony!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2017
Last Updated on October 20, 2017
Tags: Love, mother, superhero, believe

Author

Shasha
Shasha

Where there are many voices but one sound, the country of love, India



About
You are inside a maze, stay here forever or find the way out. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..