When Was the Last time?

When Was the Last time?

A Poem by Kat

When was the last time
I looked in your eyes
and knew you were there for me?
When was the last time
you told me you loved me?
When was the last time
I felt cared for?
Why are you putting me down?
Why do you hit me?
What'd I ever do wrong?
Why do you get angry at me for no apparent reason?
Sense when is everything my fault?
Why do you think I hate you?
Well turn around
Then ask me again
You made my life a living hell!
I should be asking you
Mommy why do you hate me?!?!

© 2011 Kat


Author's Note

Kat
Just a poem for my mom and i know i shouldn't be talking about her this way but its true after she left my dad she turned mean

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It takes a lot of courage to tell, but you did it! You truly did, you're a strong writer and person, never stop writing, cause writing will heal you.I've been into dark times and low times of my life, and when I write, I get all the things back, well, at least the feelings. Writing is probably the beat medicine in the world, never stop writing!
I don't know why your mom turned, but I guess the whole thing means a lot to her, and she's... just... get something wrong? I don't know, but I hope everything will be fine :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is a good poem good job

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hmm, I know what you must be going through. Well, no, I don't truly know the extent, but I can relate. In some form. Im sorry. This is well written though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You are a strong person. Most people won't, or can't rather, write about their own personal experiences so clearly and understandable. I applaud you for your courage. I'd say I hope things get better for you, but I doubt that's what you want to hear after everything she's done to you. My dad is the same way, only his abuse is more verbal than anything. He's a drunk. And by saying things will get better, I'd be a hypocrite. He's been that way my whole life and still is to this day even with me out of the house. I'm 21 years old and he still treats me the same as he always has. He says he's proud but he's also told me I was a mistake. So I don't know what to believe coming from him. I don't judge you for talking about your mother in this way because I say the same things about my father in my writing. The only thing I could do when things got bad was think to myself "In 24 hours, it will all be over." And it was over soon, but he'd do it again. The point is, there will be times when parents aren't so bad. Even if you know they could turn on you at any moment, you have to remember the times when they showed at least a little bit of love for you. In the end, you'll come out a stronger and better person because of what you're going through. After everything, I'd like to thank my dad, because with him being the way that he is, I'm not nor will I ever be the person he is. Think of your mom the same way. Even though it hurts, at least you won't end up like her.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i love the concept and the flow of this, nice work

Posted 13 Years Ago


I can understand your parents making you feel like they don't want you there, as you get older you will feel the same when it comes to a certain relationship with someone you love, be it your friends, a boyfriend, a husband or a family member. The pain of feeling like this will eat away at you and lead you into a depression. Don't let it get you down. No matter what it turns out that how you feel was wrong and that the people that make you feel so down on yourself and like no matter what you do, they won't care, That they do care and they do love you, they just don't know how to show it. Take it in and learn from it so you don't make the same mistakes and you can become a completely different person from it. You hold the key to how you feel and what happens. Much love to you.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2011
Last Updated on May 6, 2011

Author

Kat
Kat

no, United Kingdom



About
I can't say much I only live for my friends I love Bring Me The Horizon Anything else? Just ask me... I'm not that interesting I honestly want to die more..

Writing
Tears? Tears?

A Poem by Kat


Abandonment Abandonment

A Poem by Kat