A fractured heart

A fractured heart

A Story by Fallen hero
"

A poem written recently expressing my deepest ideals, may it help those who suffer understand.

"
Letter from a fractured heart

The cold stares you receive when you look within each others eyes, an almost dead look, devoid of all emotion, subjecting those who share it to realize the scars they truly hold upon their hearts. Within the lightest moments of comfort and laughter the stinging of an open wound cascades into the mind, the blood running down your face as you turn away from the others around you. The guilt, the pain, the feeling of never recovering, and never understanding why the wounds never healed. Time apart may be the answer, a savior of the crumbling emotions you feel, the sly emotions dripping into the soul. But the bitterness continues to grow, almost smoldering within, The fire is destined to burn until all fuel is lost. Only one may feel it while the other does not, yet a disease of the mind is a disease of the mind.  i like to call this one, “The Fractured heart”, A heart made of stain glass sits within us, those that hold this ailment and do not understand why. Too strong to leave, too afraid to succumb to the darkness within. The carrier holds their hands behind them and takes the beating, with holding their true sorrow for the sake of the other. One more tap and it very well might break apart for many, others its only been one crack, but eventually we all break.

© 2014 Fallen hero


Author's Note

Fallen hero
Forgive me for the depressing monologues, These are all older pieces found on my hard drive, i'm experiencing the same situation again so I've decided to post these some what private monologues in hopes someone will benefit from them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem speaks volumes of truth. Very well done.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 28, 2014
Last Updated on September 28, 2014
Tags: Forgiveness, sadness, release

Author

Fallen hero
Fallen hero

Naples, FL



About
I'm a college student majoring in architecture and my writing is not always consistent but I will be trying to to upload new content every Saturday. more..

Writing
Kristina. Kristina.

A Story by Fallen hero