Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by L.G. Knight

     She had been right about where to find him. One thing she had loved about David was his semi-predictability. Rod had always known that she would run into him eventually on his dock. If he wasn't sitting on the end fishing he would soon be pulling in on his boat. If his boat was there is wouldn't be long till he was drawn back to the dock for one reason or another. It was a long plankboard dock that housed a single fishing and lobster boat and led into a secluded beach.

 

     The view of the beach had certainly improved in eight years time. Where once stood a delapidated shack was now a gorgeous two story Victorian style home. The light slate blue paint belended well with the beach and vegitation surrounding the structure. The bi-level roof was was shaded a darker shade of the same slate color as the siding. It was all softened by the white wrap around porch and balcony, as well as the white trim and window shutters. The shutter we ornatly carved with the small detail work painted  with same color as th roof. Although the shutters were lovely Rodreika knew they served the very important purpose of protecting the glass for the strong storms and hurricanes that plauged the area. There were very few actual windows to protect however. It looked as though most of the houses natural light came from the several sets of french doors evenly spaced every ten feet. In front of each set of french doors were two plain wood rockers and a side table made of the same wood. Rod Couldn't get over the simple beauty of the house. It was exactly what she would build were she to build one.

 

"I built it shortly after you left." The soft, deep, male voice seemed to suit the scene. Accented, smooth and cultured.

 

"It's so gorgeous." she said. She never took her eyes of the house, she couldn't, she was enthralled.

 

"I always thought it would suit you. I see now, I was right." For a moment she had forgotten where she was and why but when his hand touched her hair she was suddenly brough back to the moment. Determined to get it over with she reached into her bag to pull out the papers she'd brought with her and turned.

 

     She had forgotten just how handsome he was. Standing there with his chocolate brown eyes all but looking through her, she wished she could forget again. He stood six feet and three inches tall with broad shoulders and narrow hips. His dark skin was stretched taught over muscles that Rod knew came from hauling in loaded fishing nets and lobster traps. His curly black hair was cut very short. If she hadn't known him she probably would have been intimited. That however was most likely because of his body language rather than him actually being an intimidating man. He was deffinatly a large man. At that moment he looked a bit dangerous, but when she looked at his face she noticed that every line that had formed over the last few years was an indication of his character. Though his lips were curently drawn into a tight line, she knew them to be soft and gentle. The depth of the dimple on the right hand corner of his mouth told of many smiles. Though his eyes were cautious slits at the moment the crows feet on the edges spoke to her of the many laughs that had caused them to shimmer. His brow was furrowed and groves had formed on his brow above his aristicratic, straight nose. If she was to judge for the first time she would say the intense displeasure on his face at that moment was not a usual thing. The expression certainly looked out of place.



© 2008 L.G. Knight


Author's Note

L.G. Knight
Still in the writing process but since i had chapter one up I thought I would go ahead and submit what I have written. Enjoy but don't review yet please until the entire chapter is up.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on June 18, 2008
Last Updated on June 19, 2008


Author

L.G. Knight
L.G. Knight

Houston, TX



About
I am an International Bestselling Author of romance, but on here mainly publish poetry I write when the mood strikes. I started this account long before publishing my first book and am finding many th.. more..

Writing
Visions Visions

A Poem by L.G. Knight