Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
School of Dragon Part 1

School of Dragon Part 1

A Story by Caity
"

Httyd fanfic

"

 

(Commentating) "This is Berk, its twelve days north of hopelessness and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death. It’s located solidary on the Meridian of Misery. My village, in a word? Sturdy, and It’s been here for seven generations, but every building is new. Winter in Berk lasts most of the year. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three, boasting the kind of balmy, fun-in-the-sun climate that will give you frostbite on your spleen. In hangs on with both hands and won’t let go. And the only real comforts against the cold are those you keep close to your heart. We have fishing, hunting and a charming view of the sunset. What little food grows here is tough and tasteless. The people that grow here are even more so. The only upsides are the pets. While other places have ponies, or parrots… we have, DRAGONS!"

It has been 6 months since Hiccup made peace with the dragons. Already we have created the ‘School of Dragons’ on a small island just off the coast of berk. I am 6 months older than Hiccup and his gang. But, when I turned 16, I jumped up in joy, I was going to become a dragon trainer.

"Zack! Have you got your flight suit?" I heard my mum call, "you’re not going to ride dragons without it."

"No mum, I won’t need it until my dragon grows old enough to fly." I responded.

"Fine, fine. Go, you’re late and Gobber will be waiting."

"Fine, I’m going. Love you mum." I said as I rushed out the door.

"Be back for dinner." She shouted after me. I have been going to the Berk Dragon Academy for 5 ½ months to learn everything about dragons. When the school finished building ½ of a month ago we were allowed to go to the school, but we had to wait for the dragons eggs to come to the school for us to finally get our dragons, but now that we have got female dragons giving birth to dragon eggs, we have enough eggs for every child in Berk that is 16 and has attended Berk Dragon Academy for a least a month. It is necessary that you attend Berk Dragon Academy for at least a month before you go to the School.

I ran to the great hall, where Gobber was waiting.

"What took you so long? Your classmates have already left on the boat. Talk to Hiccup, he might be able to help you." Gobber said.

"Thanks Gobber." I said has I ran to Hiccup at his house.

"Hiccup!" I shouted as I neared his house.

"Zack what are you doing here? I thought you would be on the boat with the others." He said as I ran to him.

"I would be but the boat left without me." I said.

"Well, you are just in luck. I was heading over to the school. You can tag along. You know what, you can even fly Toothless."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Cool" I said, as I got onto Toothless’ saddle and put my foot in place. Hiccup sat behind me and we took off.

He explained to me the basics of how to fly a dragon.

"Toothless is already an expert at flying, you just have to tell him which way to go. Ready?" he asked me. I nodded and we off to the school.

We landed right outside the Hatchery, where the dragon’s hatched and chose their riders. I said thank you and ‘see ya around’ to Hiccup, then raced into the Hatchery to meet Gobber, he flew here on his dragon, Grump. I rushed in and saw that my classmates had finished their personality test and were waiting for the next batch of dragons to hatch to get their dragon. I quickly went to Gobber, finished my test and went to wait with the others. The personality test is a test to see what dragon would be best for your personality, my results were a bit

inconclusive, and I was a mix between a Monstrous Nightmare, Deadly Nadder and Night Fury.

The dragons hatched, they were mostly Deadly Nadders, Monstrous Nightmares, Gronkles, Hideous Zipplebacks, a few Thunderdrums, a few Whispering deaths, an odd Skril or two, even some Rumblehorns, Raincutters, and even Boneknappers, and Hobblegrunts, Smothering Smokebreaths, Typhoomerangs, Scauldrons and among them was one egg that hadn’t hatched, it was red with black spots on it. Everyone had bonded with a dragon except me. But then the black-sandy egg hatched, to reveal a black dragon with red marks. Then I realised it was a Sand Wraith. I put my hand out and bonded with the baby Sand Wraith. I called him, Razor.

Razor and I walked outside of the Hatchery were Hiccup was waiting.

"Wow, what a nice dragon." Hiccup said, as I walked up to him.

"Yeah. He is a Sand Wraith." I responded.

"Wow. I would’ve took him as a Night Fury, if not for the red markings, and the tail."

"Yeah. But I’m glad I found him."

"How many dragons were in there?"

"I have no idea. I saw a lot of Deadly Nadders and Monstrous Nightmares. There was a few Hideous Zipplebacks, Gronkles, Thunderdrums and Whispering Deaths. There was one or two Skills, Rumblehorns, Boneknappers, Scauldrons and Typhoomerangs. There was even some Smothering Smokebreaths, Hobblegrunts and Raincutters."

"Wow. There wasn’t any other Sand Wraiths or Night furies?" Hiccup asked.

"No. Well, not as far as I saw." I explained while we were walking to the Flight Club, where Hiccup taught people to fly their dragons.

"Well good luck with this little guy." He said as he patted Razor and went to flight club. I knew what I had to do. Go talk to Gobber with my classmates.

When I arrived at Gobber, all the classmates were waiting.

"Alright, now that you’ve all got your dragons, you need to feed them. Go talk to Mulch, he will give you some tips and fishing lessons." Gobber said before we all scattered and went to Mulch by the fishing lake.

"Fist off you all need your fishing lines. Here are some basic ones, you can get better ones from Trader-Johan." Mulch said after we all got there. We all went and got our fishing lines, bought some bait from Trader-Johan and went fishing. We all caught one or more fish, fed our dragons, than played with it. We than went back to Gobber,

"Good job, now time for you all to go and do some quests to help your dragon grow and for the bond between you’s to grow." Gobber said before we all scattered to talk to all the other teachers and do quests.

I first went to the Headmaster, he had three quests for me to do. I chose to do the ‘History of Dragons’ quest. I went around the school and gathered all the Rune-Stones from each class of dragons. I than returned to the Headmaster and chose to do the ‘History of School’ quest next. I went around the school and talked to some of the ‘Top-Students’. First was the ‘Top-Student’ at the hall at school, Watihog. Then there was the other ‘Top-Student’ beside the Science lab, Clueless. Then there was Spedifist at the Thunderdrum-Racing, and Dogsbreath near the waterfall at the lake. I got some papers from all of them. Then I went and talked to Fishlegs, and got papers from him. I then went back to the Headmaster and gave him the Papers and Rune-Stones. I then went to Botanist who had some Faming quests for me.

I learnt how to farm in my own backyard. Razor watched me work, and helped in any way he could. Our bond grew every day, and he grew every day too. Razor followed me everywhere. When we finished farming for the day, we went to Hiccup who told us to go to Fireball Frenzy. Razor wasn’t old enough yet, but Toothless wanted us to play Fireball Frenzy with him. We went and did Fireball Frenzy with Toothless, then it was the end of the day. We needed to go back home. So we rode home on a Timberjack that has been trained to be like a Taxi, if you scratched its back, he would take you anywhere you wanted to go. We rode to berk and went home.

Razor came inside with me and I showed him to mum. She was proud of me. We ate dinner, gave Razor some fish and went to bed. Razor had his own Rock-slab to use as a bed. (It is the same as Toothless’ bed in the Riders/Defenders of berk series).

In the morning, it was an early start. We went down to breakfast, gave Razor some fish, said bye to mum and went to the school riding the Timberjack. (There is three Timberjacks, Timber in Berk, Jack in the School, and Wood in the Wilderness). We rode Timber to school, went said ‘hi’ to Hiccup, and then went to the Headmaster. We had to go see Gobber in the Wilderness. We went through the tunnel beside the Lake and Lab through to the Wilderness. We went said ‘hi’ to Gobber. He told us to go get the axe from the forest and cut some wood for his fire. I went to where Gobber thought it was, but couldn’t see it. Then Razor ran off into the forest, I followed the best I could, but I lost the little fella. Then he came out with the axe. I took the axe and patted his head. We went to the clearing in the forest, where we would get the wood. I started cutting the wood. Every time I cut a piece, Razor would pick it up for me and give it to me, and every time I took it, I patted his head in gratitude, he was going to get extra fish tonight.

We took the wood back to Gobber, and he gave us money, every time we completed a quest we would get money and Ultimate Dragon Trainer (UDT) points. He then told us to go find his fishing spot, and catch a Brown Trout for his lunch. We went and caught his lunch and gave it to him. He then told us to go get our Dragon Rune-Stone, then come back and light his fire. To get your rune stone, you had to go into a cave in the back of the wilderness, and go through some trials to see what Rune-Stone belongs to you and your dragon. We went into the cave, and at the back of the cave, was a heap of Rune-Stones. But only one belongs to you, it is said that your Rune-Stone glows as you near it, then when you touch it, it stops glowing, but puts a permanent tattoo on you. It is said to be a rite of passage into your dragon’s class. Also it is a necessary ritual to earn your Dragon Trainer License.

After we received our Rune-Stone, I received a tattoo on my left cheek. We then went to Hiccup. He had a few quests for Razor and me. We went into Flight Club and had flying lessons on Snotlout’s Monstrous Nightmare, Hookfang. We went on a few flights with Razor on Hookfang’s back as well. Razor never left my side and I will never leave his.

After the flight with Hookfang, we went back to Hiccup. He gave us some money and UDT points and gave me my Dragon Trainer Licence saying,

"You earned it." I thanked him and then went home for dinner and sleep.

Days past and one day, we were finishing our last quest for the day when I realised something with Razor, his scales were starting to shred off. I went and asked Hiccup what was going on, then he said,

"That is your next quest. Go to the Hatchery and stand in front of the Heath. Razor will shred his skin and grow into a teenager. You will be able to ride him, but he will not be able to fly, he will only be able to glide." I gave my thanks to Hiccup and went to do as I was told.

We went into the Hatchery, Gobber said,

"Is your dragon ready to grow?" I said yes to him,

"Well proceed to the Heath." I thanked Gobber and went to the Heath. Razor stepped into the Heath and shredded his skin and grew, he then stepped out a bigger dragon. I than hopped on Razor’s back and we went to Hiccup, saying thanks to Gobber on the way past.

We glided over the river to Hiccup,

"Wow. He has grown a lot. You know what, you could build a saddle of your own. You just need these things. These will help create a novice or beginner saddle, if you want a better one, you will need to get all the items from Trader-Johan when you get better at flying." Hiccup handed me a list of objects. We quickly raced over to the wilderness and collected the objects we needed from the forest. We raced back to Hiccup,

"Now all you need is to go to berk and make the saddle in the forge." Hiccup said before I thanked him and ran to the boat to go to berk.

When we got to berk, it was pretty late, so I decided to go home and make the saddle in the morning. Razor definitely got extra fish for dinner, he earned it and was growing fast. When we woke up, Razor was pouncing around the house with joy, I calmed him down, had breakfast and went to the forge to make the saddle.

When I finished the saddle, I put it on Razor. It looked ok. The saddle was a ‘Novice Sand Wraith Saddle’. Made out of an ordinary saddle material. (It looks like Toothless’ saddle but without the tail part). It was brown and strapped around his front legs and had handles at the front to hold onto and steer. We took the boat back to the school, and went to see Hiccup. He said it looks good, and our next quest was to try flight club in gliding mode on Razor. We went and gave it a shot, it wasn’t bad, but Razor got exhausted pretty quickly. We received some money and UDT points form Hiccup, before the Headmaster wished to see us. We raced over to the Headmaster. He said,

"A cave in happened at the wilderness and someone is stuck in the cave. Go save them young hero." I accepted the quest and ran to the wilderness. We went to the platform above the landing zone, and glided across to the platform in the middle of the wilderness. We then glided over to the cave, and blew the rocks away with a Hardened-Ball-of-Sand-with-Light-Fire blast. The rocks went flying and revealed Gobber.

"Thanks Las, you’re my hero. This cave-in trapped me in here, lucky you saved me."

"No problem Gobber. I got to go."

"Sure. If there is anything you need, just ask."

"Thanks Gobber. See ya later." I said as I ran back to the headmaster. I then remembered to go back to my farm, my sheep would need shaving, and my yaks milking, I need to collect chicken eggs, and turkey feathers, and shave the bunnies’ fur. I also need to collect the dragon nip I had growing and the corn, cabbage, pumpkin and toothache plants.

I raced to my farm, collected my crops and tended to my animals, I also asked some of my friends to come sign my treasure box. Three of my friends came and signed the box. When they all left, Trader-Johan came and unlocked the box. Inside there was some farm items.

There was a boot with a plant inside, a Deadly Nadder whirly, Gronkle whirly, two fire pits, a bench and some crop area. I fed all my animals, then Astrid wished to see us.

We ran to Astrid and said hey.

"Hey, I’m giving you a quest. You and I are going to run to some points in the school on Razor’s back."

"Sure. Let’s go." I said as I hopped on Razor’s back and pulled Astrid up behind me.

"Where to first?" I asked.

"The lake." She responds. And Razor runs to the school lake.

"Isn’t it beautiful? Now to the waterfall." She says, as Razor runs to the end of the lake, where the water goes off the cliff into a waterfall.

"Cool, now let’s go down to the bottom of the waterfall." She says, as Razor runs to the stairs and jumps off the stairs over the railings. He glided down to the bottom of the waterfall.

"That is amazing. Now let’s go to Berk." Astrid said. We ran to the docks, but the boat was gone, taking some children back to Berk. We then had to take Jack, the Timberjack. I rode Jack up on his neck behind his head, while Astrid rode her Deadly Nadder, Stormfly, and Razor was holding onto the back of Jack and trying his best to stay on Jack and using his wings to help keep weight off of Jack so Jack could fly better. ‘Poor guy, can’t fly yet.’ I thought.

When we reached Berk, Astrid sent Stormfly to her pen outside Astrid’s house, and I gave Jack a scratch on the back, said thanks, and he took off back to the School. We landed at Astrid’s house and she told us to go over to the Hall and say ‘hi’ to Stoick, the chief. I went said ‘hi’ to Stoick, and went to some beautiful points on Berk. We then returned to Astrid and she told us to go around Berk and collect ten missing sheep. I hopped on Razor, and Razor followed the sheep’s sent, and we gathered up ten sheep. We then returned to Astrid and I took the boat back to School with the ten sheep, while Astrid flew Stormfly right above us.

We got back to School, and returned the sheep to the Botanist. She thanked us, we received money and points from Astrid, and went back to the boat. We went back to Berk, and said buy to Astrid as she landed at her house before we headed home. We live above the lake in Berk and just below and behind Bucket’s house. Our house has a beautiful sight of the sunset that no one on Berk would get, except Gothi. It is easy getting to our house, it is not so easy getting from our house to town. There is a steep climb between our house and Bucket's house. Like I mean vertical steep. But it is only three metres high. I say ‘hi’ to mum as I enter, have dinner and head to bed.

It has been one year since then. Razor is able to fly now with me on his back. I decided not to wear my flight suit for further matters, it may come in handy when you need to hide who you really are one day. We were scouting the island for Hiccup when we noticed an Outcast ship anchored off the shore of berk. We raced back and reported to Hiccup. Now Hiccup the gang and me where flying over to the ship, as soon as they saw us they started firing at us and started speeding off past the rocks. We gave pursuit, and dodged all their shots. When they were reloading, we landed on their ship and took them out. We then pushed their boat back in the direction of Outcast Island and left them. We returned to berk and went on with our daily lives.

Overall look

6 weeks later. We noticed the well was getting empty, which shouldn’t be because we only just finished digging it up last summer, a well normally lasts three-four summers, not two months. We decided I would investigate the well. So they tied a rope around my waist and Meatlug’s belly, Fishlegs’ Gronkle. She hovered over the well and lowered me down the well with the help of a torch. I got to the water mark and said to stop. The old water line was still wet, that means the well was still full a couple hours ago. We kept going down more until I was in a big hole, like a dragon’s cave. Then the rope snapped and I dropped to the bottom, but before I hit the bottom all went dark, then a loud thud, then light started coming back, but not from the torch, from above. I saw the wings unfold around me, and the legs let me go. I knew Razor jumped down and caught me. I got up and opened the glass slide to the torch,

"Razor, could you please." I said as Razor set the candle alight, and we stood up. We looked around, then heard from above,

"Are you guys ok?!" Fishlegs yelled.

"Yeah. Just found something really big. I’m going to look around." I answered.

"Wait, can’t you get out?" Hiccup yelled.

"Not really, Razor can’t fly back through the well, he won’t fit. But I think I found the reason for the well’s emptiness. I’m going to look around and find an exit on the way." I yelled, and started walking around with Razor close on my tail. I hoped on Razor because this place started to creep me out. Before we went any further through the cave, we heard a

noise then a loud thud from behind us, we turned around to find that Hiccup and Toothless had jumped through the well. "Huh, you made it?"

"Yeah, couldn’t leave you alone down here, dad would kill me." Hiccup said sarcastically. Hiccup hopped on Toothless and we kept going through until we found a spider web. Razor pushed on, and we stood before hundreds of spiders. We then ran back out that tunnel and into another. We started hearing sounds that crept us out. But we kept going. We then ended up in a huge tunnel with a water fall that used to lead to the well but now it lead to a lake under here. "Hey what do those fish look like to you?" Hiccup asked.

"I don’t know, but let’s find out." I said as I pulled out my fishing line. The fish was weird, it looks like they adapted to live down here. We then heard that weird noise again. It kinda sounded familiar, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. Until a whispering death came out of a tunnel right behind us. It stared at us for a while, but Razor wrapped his tail around me protectively and so did Toothless to Hiccup, and the dragon backed off, continuing on its way through the tunnels. We then realised the whispering death created the tunnels, it has stopped the flow of the well. I saw a box, but inside the box was some eggs, I noticed the symbol on the box, Outcasts! The outcasts must have put a female Whispering death in here with her eggs. This whispering death was a mother. I sneakily took the eggs, and hopped on Razor. "Hey, I’ve got a solution to our ‘running-out-of-whispering-death-eggs’ problem." I said as I showed him the eggs. "Let’s get out of here. We can’t go the way we came, we won’t fit." I said to Hiccup. Toothless then roared, and his ears started moving. Toothless then motioned to Hiccup that he found a way out. Hiccup used his foot to let out the tail. Toothless flew fast, but Razor could keep up.

We came out of a small tunnel on the side of the island that was near the catapult that was near my house. We then raced to the gang that was still waiting at the well. We explained to them what we saw, showed them the fish and the eggs. We then took the eggs to the hatchery in the School, but Hiccup allowed me to keep one egg, and raise it. I took the egg to the heath in my stables that I used to keep warm, keep Razor warm and in case I found more eggs without a mother, that weren’t allowed in the Hatchery. Razor and I spent the rest of the day flying around, scouting and learning new tricks. I have a few floors in my stables, each floor had a stable of its own, and the best part it was under Berk and no one knows where it is but me. If you went below my house, there is the lake in Berk, but beyond the waterfall, is a secret entrance, it led to my main Stable, the Destruction Stables that had two pens and one heath pedestal. Razor had one of those rooms. But on the other side of the stable, there is another door that leads down stairs to the next stable, the Strike Stable, it has four pens and two heath pedestals. Then at the other end, there is a door that goes down further to the Boulder Stable with four pens and two heath pedestals. The Whispering Death egg was on a pedestal in the Boulder Stable, this Whispering Death is going to get one of the pens in this Stable, I’ll let him pick.

The next day I came back to find the egg hatching. It was a black Whispering death with gold markings. I named the whispering death, Viper. I took the whispering death to Hiccup and showed him. He was pleased. Razor, Viper and me went around the island and showed Viper around. We even went for a fly on Razor’s back.

One year later. I was flying Razor around Berk with Viper right behind us, he could now fly by himself, but I preferred to ride Razor so Viper could use his spines if in combat. I had made a novice saddle for him and put in his stable.

He was flying right behind me when a thunderstorm came out of nowhere. We were heading back to Berk when a flash of white light came from the sky and sped right past me. It moved like a flying dragon, so I followed it. Razor was just as fast as the white light, but unfortunately, Viper was not. He kept up as best as he could, but fell behind. I told him to go back to berk and warn the others. Razor kept up with the light, while I ran through my head of any dragons that can match the description of this one. There was only one dragon that fulfilled the description. It was a strike class dragon that can ride on lightning, A SKRILL!

I told Razor to speed up, we need to follow it. Razor sped up, I could start to see the Skril’s true colours. It was dark purple. It looks like it was trying to lose us. I told Razor to go into the clouds, and sneakily follow it. We were going through the black clouds, following a Skril. If this wasn’t so serious this would probably be cool, or scary, I couldn’t decide which. But I knew I had to follow the Skril, and that Hiccup would think something is wrong when he sees Viper without me or Razor, so he would follow Viper thinking he would lead him to me, which he would. But I had to focus on following the Skril. When the Skril had thought it had lost us, it heading in a direct direction, instead of heading all over the place, like it was before.

It lead me into a not so big cave. Looks only big enough for one dragon and a few baby dragons, which means it is alone orhas babies with it. We landed behind the Skril, accidently startling it a little bit, but I showed I wasn’t a threat. I put out my hand and looked away. I felt it’s smooth, scaly nose against my palm. I looked back at it, and it opened its eyes and looked at me. I gave it a pat, and it showed me its eggs, ‘it’ was a ‘she’, and she was a mother.

"Hey, you know what, how would you like a better home? Yeah you will be taken care of, fed fish, and even get to watch your hatchlings grow up." I said to her, she purred back with satisfaction. I hopped on Razor with the eggs, and we took off for Berk with the Skril right on our tails.

We travelled for a bit before we met up with Hiccup, the gang and Viper, and we hovered there,

"Hey, what’s up? Why was Viper alone?" Hiccup asked.

"Yeah, why’d you drag us all the way out here?" Snotlout said.

"Look what I found." I said as I showed them the Skril,

"Hey Hiccup, where we running out of Skril eggs in the Hatchery? Because I have your solution." I said as I held up the eggs.

"Good work, Zack." He said, "Now let’s get back to Berk." He said as I was giving Razor, the Skril and Viper a pat. We took the eggs to the Hatchery, and the Skril decided to stay at the Stable in the Hatchery for the dragons that provide us with the eggs. In the stable, there was, a female Thunderdrum named Sonic, a female Deadly Nadder named Skyfall, a female Hideous Zippleback named Spit and Spark, a female Gronkle named Rocky-road, a female Monstrous Nightmare named Firefly, a female Scauldron named Waterhazard, a female Rumblehorn named Charger, a female Smothering Smokebreath named Smother, a female Typhoomerang named Sparkle, and a female Raincutter named Cutter. There is also a female Hobblegrunt named Colour, a female Boneknapper named Knapper, a female Hotburple named Slump, and now a female Skril named Lightning.

Hiccup let me keep one of the Skril eggs, so I took it to my Stables and put it in one of the heath pedestals in the Strike Stable. After I went home, I said hi to mum, and we sat down for a board game together. After my father died during a dragon raid years ago, we haven’t been a full family, and have never had time to sit down and do something together, so I thought I would come home early and we would play together. I left Razor and Viper in the stables in their pens. After the game we made tea together and went to bed after dinner. Razor has one of the pens in the Destruction Stable.

The next day I went back to the Stables, and just in time too, my Skril egg was hatching. It was a Purple-Black Skril with White underbelly and black markings on the wings. I named my female Skril Electra. I took her to see her mother, and Lightning loved her child, I could tell, Lightning told Electra to be kind to me, and for me to look after Electra. I gave Lightning my word that nothing bad would ever happen to her.

One year later. I was flying around on Razor with Viper on my tail and Electra, she can now fly with me on her, but I still prefer Razor, because he is my first dragon and if in combat Electra will use her lightning powers, and that would electrocute me. I also made her a Novice Skril saddle and kept it in her stable in the Strike Stables. I also went to Trader-Johan and bought the supplies for a Sleek Sand Wraith saddle for Razor, I took them to the forge and put the items together. It was a silver metal saddle that was pretty comfortable, it had spikes at the back and a black padding under the saddle and on the seating part. These paddings made it comfortable for the rider and the dragon.

After a long day of flying around Berk, the school and the wilderness, on scouting and other quests. I came home just before Night-fall, to see if I could catch a game with mum, and opened the door to my house, thinking all is right with the world, but I find…

'Dung-dung-daaaaannnnng!'

…my mum is not home, the place is a mess. Mum never leaves the house at this hour, especially when it is looking like this. There were hundreds of signs of struggle.

"Mum! Mum!" I yell looking for an answer. There was nothing. I raced out of my house, not bothering to close the door. I hop on Razor’s back, and he pounces up the climb into the air, and race for the Great Hall, Viper and Electra following close by. Hiccup, the gang, and more importantly, the Chief should be there. We race in the door, I hop off Razor and we race over to Hiccup and the gang, the chief is not there.

"Mum’s gone, she was taken." I say to them all.

"How do you know she hasn’t just gone for a night walk?" Snotlout responds.

"Because, my mum doesn’t leave the house at night and especially when the house looks like a dragon trashed the place." I said in defense and anger.

"Show me!" Hiccup said with concern and seriousness.

Razor flew to our house with me on his back and Hiccup on Toothless not far behind. When we reached my house, we saw the door open and the house a mess.

"See, what did I tell ya? Mum has been taken." I said as we entered.

"Yeah. Look for clues on who took her." Hiccup said. I searched the house and notice something I didn’t before.

"Hey, Hiccup. Is this much of a clue for ya?" I say in astonishment, not taking my eyes off the wall. The wall read in red ‘paint’, I think, ‘I am watching you and you are next’ and under it was the symbol of the Outcasts.

"I think they were after you." Hiccup implies the obvious.

"NO DAH!" I said with obvious and very recognisable sarcasm.

"We have to save my mum." I say as we walk out.

"I know. And we will get your mum back. But first we need to talk with my father." He says as we flew to his house.

"Dad!" Hiccup shouts as we enter the door.

"What is it son?" a voice answers from the seat in front of the fire. A big muscular man with a big urban beard.

"Chief, my mum has been taken." I say to him.

"By who?" he asks.

"The outcasts." I say.

"Let’s get her back." He says. We gathered the riders with dragons that could fly and we headed to Outcast Island.

We get there and there was hundreds of outcasts waiting for us. The others hold off most of them while I snuck into the dungeons. With my dragons to protect me. We got there and I found my mum, in one of the cells surrounded by outcasts. There was just too many of them. Mum was bruised, bloody, and for a second I thought she was…DEAD. But she stirred, I thanked the gods. I tried to fight my way through to her, but my dragons were busy clearing a path, that all of us didn’t notice the outcast behind me. I saw him at the last second and jumped over his blade, but I was too late, he had cut off my left foot. I collapsed on the floor, pouring out blood, but before the outcast could finish the job, Razor stopped him. I hopped on Razor the best I could, got mum out and put her on Electra. We raced out, got the others and we headed back to Berk. But as we left, I fell unconscious.

I woke up in Gothi’s hut. And looked around, no one was there except for Razor. He looked worried at me but excited that I was alive.

"Hey bud, I’m fine, don’t look so worried." I said to my best friend. Then Hiccup, Stoick and Gothi walked in.

"How are you feeling?" Hiccup asked.

"I don’t know, something just doesn’t feel right." I responded.

"That would be your left leg." Hiccup responds, "I felt the same when I lost mine.

"WHAT!" I yelled, and had a look. My left leg was gone, all that was there was a lump. "What about my mum?" I asked. All I received was a sad look from everyone, Hiccup opened his mouth, but hesitated. I knew what he meant.

"No. No!" I yelled. Razor came over and tried to comfort me. I cried for a while. The others left me to be alone, saying that they were sorry and said their pardons as they left.

© 2015 Caity


Author's Note

Caity
Please don't be critical about thi, first story I have written

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So, all in all, it moved kind of fast, and it was a lot of information. I'd like a little mote detail, but for your first story this is really good. Far better than my first piece of actual fiction/fantasy writing (which was a book, might I add). I'll read the next part soon, for I'm excited as to what comes next. :3 good job!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 22, 2015
Last Updated on June 22, 2015

Author

Caity
Caity

Mackay, Mackay, Australia



About
Love horses and dogs Like writing dragon and medieval time books more..

Writing