School of Dragons Part 2

School of Dragons Part 2

A Story by Caity
"

Part 2 of the School of Dragons Fan-fiction of HTTYD with the movie story line of HTTYD2

"


It has been a year and a half since then. I am now a completely different person. I died two months after my mum died. But I was reborn into, DarkNight.


Dressed in a black flight suit, (like Hiccups flight suit in HTTYD 2, but completely black, and different, and the mask is different). The suit had a hood on it with a three-slit opening, but there is a mask that goes over top of it.


    Overall look


Since my ‘rebirth’, I have found out that Viper is a girl, and she had two eggs about 11 months ago. One of the eggs looked like a normal Whispering Death egg, and is now a fully grown dragon named, Venom, he is blue with orange markings. The other egg looked a bit different, it was larger and red. When it hatched, it was white with red eyes, it was a, Screaming Death! It is now way bigger than Venom, his name is, Death. I have also tamed a Smothering Smokebreath named Smokey that follows me everywhere. I have also trained a Flightmare named Ghost. And now all my dragons either, stay at a Dragon Sanctuary with a friendly rider I found, in my stables at my secret Hideout, that only one other person knows about, or they stay close by and wait for me to call them for aid. Viper, and her children stay at the Sanctuary, Smokey stays in my saddle-bag, and Electra stays close to me but hides in the shadows so no one sees her, and Ghost stays with the only other person that knows of my hideout. Also Razor has, over time, changed in shape and power, he has become a Titan Sand Wraith. And wears a new saddle I built for him, it is called the Dark Sand Wraith Saddle, it is red with a bit of black and blends in with his scales. It was light and had less wind resistant for maximum speed. I also keep adjusting my suit to allow minimum wind resistant so Razor can be the fastest dragon in the Archipelago.



My Screaming death is about 16’, he could eat a Gronkle with a rider on it in one bite.


 


(Commentating) “This is Berk,


The best kept secret this side of, well, anywhere. Granted it might not look like much, but this wet heap of rock packs more than a few surprises. Life here is amazing, just not for the faint of heart. You see, while most folk like hobbies like, wildling or needle point. We Berkians prefer, a little something we like to call, DRAGON RACING!” Hiccup commentated as a race was going on between Astrid, Snotlout, Fishlegs, and the twins. Hiccup wasn’t there, he was off mapping the world, like he usually does, and doing tricks with Toothless.



(Zack’s POV)


I am now the most feared person in the Archipelago, I am also the most powerful dragon rider in the world. Berk considers itself lucky that I am, sought of, an ally, but defiantly not an enemy, unless they provoked me, which they wouldn’t out of fear that I would destroy everything they hold dear. No one knows where I came from. I have actually been busy with a close friend, the only person that knows about me, just to make you guess, it's not Hiccup. I have been staying at Berk for a month now trying to complete a task that I set the second I found the ‘lock’, now all I need is the ‘key’, to make you guess even more, the ‘key’ is Hiccup.


 


Snotlout and Fishlegs are fighting over the hand of Ruffnut, Fishlegs gave Ruffnut the black sheep, but Astrid took it off of them and won the race. Astrid was actually surprised they were fighting over Ruffnut,


            "You guys are fighting for Ruffnut?" Astrid asked.


            "She's my princess, whatever she wants she gets." Snotlout said.


            “Ruffnut? Didn’t she try to bury you alive?” Astrid said to Snotlout.


            “Only for a few hours.” Snotlout said defensively.


 


I was following Hiccup from afar and he was doing some moves, he tried out his flight suit, and I decided to join him. Hiccup had a crash landing, I didn’t because Razor can actually fly on his own.




When they landed Hiccup said to Toothless,


            “We really got to work on your solo gliding there bud, that locked up tail, makes for some pretty sloppy rescue manoeuvres, hey?” He said putting his flight suit away and taking off his helmet. Toothless flicked a small pebble at the back of his head. “Oh, are you pouting, big baby-boo? Well try this on.” Hiccup said rushing into Toothless’ neck. “Ah, you feeling it yet? Picking up on all my heart felt remorse?” he said as Toothless picked him up and walked to the cliff. “Oh, come on. You know you wouldn’t hurt a one-legged…AH. Ok. Ok, you win.” He said as Toothless rolled backwards and landed on Hiccup.



Hiccup had some fun with Toothless, ‘Dragons and Viking, enemies again, locked in combat to the bitter, Uhhh.’ He said as Toothless collapsed on him.


            “You know that doesn’t wash out.” Hiccup complained as Toothless covered him in Saliva. Hiccup got up by rolling backwards, Toothless laughed, but then Hiccup flicked saliva at him and Toothless was cranky, but licked and wiped it off and was fine again.


   


Hiccup then pulled out his map, named a mountain ‘Itchy-Armpit’, and then Astrid showed up and they talked about Stoick making him chief.


            “Hiccup that’s amazing.” She said punching him, making the back fin spring out.


            “Ah, you’re gonna wear out the spring coil, the calibration is very sensitive.” Hiccup said as Toothless and Stormfly rushed passed them, knocking them over. And I just stood there beside Razor and watched it all.


            “Yeah, so this is what I’m dealing with it.” Hiccup said as Astrid pulled him to his feet.


            “What did you tell him?” She asked.


            “I didn’t, by the time he turned around I was gone.” He said as Astrid folded up the map and passed it to Hiccup.


            “Huh, well it is lot of responsibility. The map will have to wait for sure, and I’ll need to fly Toothless since you’ll be too busy and…” She said as she turned around back to him and realised she was pressuring him.


            “It’s not me Astrid, all those speeches and planning and running the village, that’s his thing.”


            “I think you are missing the point, I mean, CHIEF, what an honour? I’d be pretty excited.” Astrid tried to cheer him up.


            “Well I…I’m not like you Astrid. You know exactly who you are, you always have, but I’m still looking. I know that I’m not my father, and I never met my mother, so what does that make me?” He said grabbing his mask and sitting down. Astrid sat down beside Hiccup and started platting pieces of his hair,


“What you’re searching for, isn’t out there Hiccup, it’s in here. Maybe you just don’t see it yet.” Astrid said, motioning to his heart and kissing his cheek, which she regretted, tasting dragon saliva. Then Hiccup noticed the smoke in the sky from behind ‘Itchy-Armpit’.


“Yeah, but you know, there is something out there.” He said turning her head to the smoke. I noticed it and took off before they even got to their dragons. They arrived at this fortress, blown to pieces and stuck in giant spikes of ice. They looked around, and saw me go one way around the fortress and they went the other way, and then Astrid noticed something,


            “Hiccup.” she said before a bola came straight at Hiccup, but he dodged it, and it took down Stormfly. Astrid fell off of Stormfly, but Toothless caught her. They landed right near Stormfly, but a bunch of dragon trappers where tying up Stormfly. I heard and flew there as fast as I could, I landed on an ice particle above the trappers.



They talked and the trappers said that they had to get dragons and deliver them to Drago Bloodfist for his dragon army, they accused them of blasting their forts to bits, ‘you may have an ice-spitting dragon on your side, but we still have a quota to fill. How do you think we explain this to Drago Bloodfist?’ the leader of the trappers said. The trappers rushed at them and Toothless shot at the fortress blowing a block of ice that I was on and we took to the air, the ice fell on to Eret, but he dodged it. Hiccup rushed over and freed Stormfly with his fire sword. Hiccup, Toothless, Astrid and Stormfly escaped and went back to Berk with Eret, son of Eret, crying out, ‘You will never hold onto those dragons, you hear me. Drago is coming for them all!’ With that note I landed behind Eret and spooked him, he pulled his sword out at me and backed up, looking closer to who I was, DarkNight.


            “Tell Drago Bloodfist, he will never win. He will never conquer this world. And one more thing, never try to steal dragons that belong to my friends, ever again.” I said to Eret as I took off to Berk.


 


I caught up to Hiccup and Astrid easily,


“Where were you? We just got ambushed by dragon trappers and you were nowhere in sight?” Hiccup yelled at me through the clouds.


“Hiccup? Remember that is DarkNight. DARKNIGHT. I wouldn’t be talking to him that way.” Astrid advised quietly to Hiccup. I was reviewing what I saw and heard in my mind, trying to figure out Drago’s next move, so he is gathering a dragon army, he would probably try something soon enough, I have got to warn the rider and I have to find his hideout, sooner rather than later. When Hiccup and Astrid landed in the town square, so did I. Everyone thought it had to be important if I was there. Hiccup raced into the forge where his father was waiting. I followed and stopped at the entrance. At first Stoick wasn’t listening to Hiccup but trying to teach Hiccup about being a cheif, until Hiccup said.


            “They are making a dragon army. Or at least the guy they work for is, Dargo Bloodyfist or something.” Hiccup says to his father. Stoick looked shocked, then looked over to Gobber. He just looked back with the same shock.


            “I’ll bloody his fist with me face if he tries to steal my dragon.” Tuffnut says.


            “Or mine.” Ruffnut added.


            “Argh, you’re such a moron.” Tuffnut insults.


            “A beautiful moron. Yeah.” Snotlout and Fishlegs says pushing closer to Ruffnut.


            “Argh.” She says in disgust.


            “Bloodfist. Drago Bloodfist.” Stoick says with horror in his eyes.


            “Ah yeah… wait you know him?” Hiccup asks his father. Stoick just looks in horror and shock. Then he runs off towards the main stables of Berk. They went into the stables but I hoped on Razor and we went onto the stables and waited for Hiccup to fly out on Toothless.


 


Stoick started yelling when he got in the entrance,


            “Ground all dragons. Close the storm doors, get the Dragons into their pens, no dragon nor Viking steps foot off the island until I give the word!”


            “Why? Because some guy you knew is stirring up trouble on some far away land?” Hiccup says to his father as they run through the stables.


            “Because Drago Bloodfist is a madman without conscious or mercy. And if he has built a dragon army. Gods help us all.” He said.


“Then let’s ride back out there, we will follow those trappers to Drago and talk some sense into him.” Hiccup said stopping his father.


“No. We fortify the island.” Stoick shouts at Hiccup.


“It’s our duty to keep the peace.” Hiccup defends.


“Peace is over Hiccup. I must prepare you for war.”


“War? Dad, if Drago is coming for our dragons, we can’t just wait around for him to get here. Let’s go find him and change his mind.” Hiccup says


“Some minds won’t be changed Hiccup. Berk is what you need to worry about. A chief protects his own.” He says as he walks off giving orders. Toothless comes up and give that look that says, ‘let’s go.’


            “Hiccup, don’t.” Astrid whispers to Hiccup.


            “I have to.” He says as he kisses Astrid on the cheek then hopes on Toothless and flies off.



            “Hiccup!” Stoick says as he goes out of the Stables with Astrid right on his tail. I saw them leave and followed them, I knew he would try something to stop Drago. We found the trappers and landed on their boat, and Hiccup had a plan apparently, but all it looked like was, he was giving himself, Astrid and their dragons up to Drago. I was not about to be captured, and Razor and Smokey didn’t feel for it either, so we waited outside on the deck with the trappers.


“And here I thought we would turn up empty handed.” Eret said pointing a sword at us.


            “Nope, it is your lucky day. We give up. That is one Night fury, one Deadly Nadder, and two of the finest dragon riders west of Luckchuck. That ought to make the boss happy right. I can’t speak for him. Excuse us” Hiccup said pushing the men’s weapons aside to get to the hold below. Eret couldn’t believe it, “Oh, Toothless stay. The dragons don’t really care for cramped spaces, so they will just hang out with you, uh they won’t be any trouble.”



He says as the crew point weapons at Toothless, he jumps up then starts growling, “Unless you do that.” Hiccup says popping his head out the door, “you know wooden boat, big ocean, h-how is your swimming?” he asks.


   


            “Not good.” One of the crew responds. With Eret rolling his eyes. Then Hiccup puts up his fire-sword, then puts it down and pops his head out again, face palming his forehead,


            “Oops almost forgot, you can’t have armed prisoners. Just what ever dragon trapper needs, one end coats the blade in monstrous nightmare saliva…” he said as they start spraying hideous Zippleback gas, “… the other end sprays hideous Zippleback gas…” Eret ran for it, “…all it takes is a spark…” BOOM! They sparked it, I hid under Razor’s wing, “Alright there you go, once they see you as one of their own, even the testiest dragon can be trained, right bud.” He said as Toothless pawed some of the fire dots falling from the explosion.


        


            “Give me that.” Eret said as he grabbed it and threw it off the boat, but Stormfly fetched it. “What game are you playing?” he asked Hiccup.


            “No game we just want to meet Drago.” Hiccup said as Stormfly dropped the ignitor at Eret’s feet, but he threw again,


            “Why?” he asked Hiccup.


            “Because I am going to change his mind about Dragons” I had already sat down on Razor.


            “Ha-ha-ha-ha.” The crew laughed as Stormfly dropped the Ignitor at Eret’s feet but he didn’t throw it.


“He can be really persuasive.” Astrid said joining the conversation.


            “Once you’ve earned his loyalty, there is nothing a dragon won’t do for you.


“Ha, you aren’t changing any minds here.” Eret said as Stormfly nudged most the crew with her nose the throw the ignitor in her mouth.


 “I can change yours right here, right now.” Hiccup said as he put out Toothless’ tail fin and locked it in place, “may I?” he said as he got up and pointed towards Toothless, “AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” he said as something ripped him off the ground and ripped the sail,


            “Dragon Riders!” Eret yelled pointing to where Hiccup was taken. Toothless raced up the sail a roared but stopped once he realised who it was. I just stayed at my spot leaning against Razor’s back, standing but leaning.


            “Snotlout! What are you doing?” he yelled at Snotlout while he was in Hookfang’s claws.


            “See how well I protect and provide?” Snotlout said to Ruffnut. She just rolled her eyes and then dodged a bola,


            “Hey what’s with all the nets?” Tuffnut said.


            “That was cloossseee.” She said in slow motion, “Ohh my. Mee Liikkkeee” She said as Eret loaded the bola gun, flexing his muscles in the process, all in slow motion, “Takkkee mee” she said in slow motion as a bola wrapped around herself and Barf, her head of the Hideous Zippleback that her brother and her share, she rides the head that sprays gas, Barf, and her brother rides the head that sparks it, Belch. Hiccup then got free of Hookfang’s grip and glided down to the boat with his glide suit, lands on the boat with Toothless landing behind him,


            “What are you guys doing here?!” he yells at them,


            “We are here to rescue you.” Gobber says as he lands on the boat on Grump, his Hotburple.


            “I don’t need to be rescued…” he starts but get cut off by Stoick


            “Enough!” he shouts as he lands on the boat on Skullcrusher, his Rumblehorn.


            “Well didn’t you pick the wrong s**t, ey? I am Eret, son of Ermmm.” He started but got cut off by Stoick’s hand on his face, pushing him to the side and Gobber hitting him on the head with his mace hand and Grump sitting on him, “Get this thing off me.” He said as he struggled to get out from under Grump.


            “Anybody else?” Gobber said.


            “You, saddle up we are going home.” Stoick commanded his son.


            “No.” Hiccup protested.


            “Of all the irresponsible…” Stoick said getting angry.


            “I am trying to save our dragons and stop a war, how is that irresponsible?”


            “Because war is what he wants son.” Stoick said before sighing and telling the story, “a long time ago, there was a great gathering of chieftains to discuss the dragon scourge that we all faced, among the mist, came a stranger from a strange land. He was covered in scars and draped in a cloak of dragon skin, he carried no weapons, and spoke softly, saying that he, Drago Bloodfist was a man of the people, devoted to freeing man-kind from the attorney of dragons, he claimed that he alone could control the dragons and that he alone could keep us safe, if we chose to bow down and follow him. ‘Hahahahaha’ the chiefs laughed.”


“Hahahahaha, good one.” The gang laughed.


 


            “Aye, we laughed to, until he wrapped himself in is cloak and cried out, ‘then see how well you do without me’. The rooftops suddenly burst into flames and from it, armoured dragons descended, burning the hall to the ground. I…was the only one…to escape. Men that kill without reason, cannot be reasoned with.”



            “Maybe…”


            “Hiccup.”


            “…but I am still going to try. This is what I am good at. And if I could change your mind, then I can change his too. Come on.” He said as Toothless flew off.


            “Let’s go.” Astrid said as she jumped on Stormfly.


            “No! Lead the others back to Berk. I have had enough mutiny for one day.” Stoick said, but by the time they turned around I was gone. They looked up and saw me enter the clouds going after Hiccup, so they thought. I was actually going to a sanctuary that was the home to my ‘lock’.


 


I didn’t need to go the whole way to the Sanctuary, my ‘lock’ was close by and heading towards my ‘key’. Now was time to unite the ‘lock’ with the 'key' and see whats inside this treasure chest. I caught up to Hiccup easily, with the ‘lock’ on my tail. We Stayed out of sight of Hiccup, but my ‘lock’ stayed further back than me. We flew for a bit, and then Hiccup yelled at the top of his lungs then lied back on Toothless.


            “Don’t worry bud. I am not going to let anything happen to you, I promise.” Then Toothless let off a growl from behind, and under them. Then a rider came out of the clouds, “Come on Dad, really?” then he looked at the rider and realised that it's not Stoick. Then the rider disappeared under the clouds. “Ok, no sudden moves.” Hiccup said before a roar reached our ears, just before the rider came out of the clouds riding a Stormcutter, which made Toothless stop and hover where he was, growling the whole time. I stopped and hovered where I was, in front and above of Toothless in the clouds, the Stormcutter circled Toothless then came to a stop right in front of Toothless and hovered there with its four wings.



“Hold on. Hold on.” Hiccup said but then he noticed me in the distance as the clouds cleared. “DarkNight! What is going on?” he yelled to me. The rider than looked at me, before a dragon came from behind Hiccup and grabbed him off of Toothless. Toothless plummeted to the ice-covered ocean. “Toothleeeessssssss!!!” Hiccup yelled as Toothless roared and tried to roll over to catch the updraft. He couldn’t and plummeted into the ocean, breaking the ice. I saw Toothless try to fly to rescue Hiccup. I joined the rider heading to the Sanctuary. I looked at her and she looked at me, she nodded to me, and I nodded back. I knew what she meant, because I knew her. Some Seashockers pushed Toothless under water, leaving Hiccup’s mask behind.



I followed her to the Sanctuary, with Hiccup yelling,


            “Hey you left my dragon back there, he can’t fly on his own, he’ll drown.” But the rider and I ignored him for the moment. We flew to a giant ice mountain, called the Dragon Sanctuary. We flew into one of the tunnels and put Hiccup onto the floor, where he was surrounded by dragons he had no knowledge of. He yelled out trying to tell us to go back for Toothless. The rider and I stood in the shadows where he couldn’t see us. Hiccup pulled out his Ignitor, the sword part, and whooshed it around a couple times to, kind of, hypnotise the dragons, but some other dragons started stirring and he put away the nightmare sword, and made a circle of Zippleback gas around him, then sparked it.



The dragons got curious, Hiccup put his palm out to touch a dragon, but the rider jumped out of her hiding spot, and circled Hiccup,


            “Who are you? The dragon thief? Drago Bloodfist? Do you even know what I am saying?” he said before she swang her staff and banged it on the ground, then a dragon roared and flew in carrying Toothless, dropped him and flew off.


            “Toothless! It’s ok. Oh, I missed you too. You really had me worried there.” Hiccup said while being licked by Toothless. But then the rider shook her staff and the dragons lit their fires, letting it swirl in their mouths.



Toothless curled his tail around Hiccup and growled at the rider. The rider put down her staff and shield, and walked up to Toothless, putting her hand out and made some weird gestured that Toothless rolled onto his back. She then put her hand up at Hiccup and he tried to back off but couldn’t. The rider noticed the scar on his chin, and pulled back,


            “Hiccup?” the rider said as she pulled off her mask. “Could it be? After all these years? How is this possible?” she said with a little sad, but excitement in her voice. The 'key' has been put into the 'lock'.


            “Uh, should I… should I know you?” he said with hesitation and fear.


            “No, you were only a babe. But a mother never forgets.” She said looking down in shame and fear. Hiccup gasped in surprise but she shushed him and said, “Come.” She said before she raced off. The 'key' has unlocked the 'lock' and opened the chest to reveal a mother and son reunited once again.


            “Boar-headed. Just like his mother. Aye she never stay put, either.” Stoick said flying Skullcrusher to try and follow Hiccup.


            “Nah, he is just cranky, and a Viking, I mean could there be a worst combination. Heh, when I think about how stubborn and senseless you were back in the day. Oh, now, not much has changed really.” Gobber said flying Grump right beside Stoick.


            “Ah, you know what he is like Gobber he won’t give up. And if he finds Drago, before we find him…”


            “Ah, nothing will happen while that Night fury is around. It’s a Night fury.” Gobber says trying to comfort his friend, but Stoick notices something in the water and turns around and picks it up. It was Hiccup’s mask. They exchanged worry looks, before Stoick put the mask to Skullcrusher’s nose,


            “Find them, Skullcrusher.” He says, before Skullcrusher sniffs it, gives a mighty roar, and flies off, leaving Gobber to try and follow.


            “Ah, hold on. Wait just a minute.”


            “This way.”


            “Come back here. You can’t just say something like that and run off. You’re my mother. I mean what the… do y… do you grasp how insane that sounds?” Hiccup yells after his mother that keeps running.


            “Come quickly.” She says back to him.


            “I have questions, where have you been all this time? What have you been doing? But they… they said you were dead, everybody thinks you were eaten by…” he said before he entered the main chamber of the Sanctuary, and stood in shock, watching dragons fly around a giant ice pillar in the middle of the chamber. There was Monstrous Nightmares, Deadly Nadders, Gronkles, Hideous Zipplebacks, Snafflefangs, Hobblegrunts, Raincutters, Typhoomerangs, Timberjacks, and so many more that Hiccup had no idea of.


He looked in amazement, before Toothless brought him back to reality, and pointed with his head up to his mother, Valka, who was resting on Cloudjumper, her Stormcutter. He also noticed above them on a ledge I was on Razor watching the whole thing.



            “This is where you’ve been for twenty years?” he said and she nodded excitedly, “You’ve been rescuing them?” he said, and she nodded again, “Unbelievable.”


            “You’re not upset?” she asked with curiosity.


            “What? No. I don’t know. It’s a bit much to get my head around, to be frank. It is not every day you find out, your mother is some kind of crazy, feral, vigilantly, dragon-lady.”


            “Oh, h oho ho. At least I’m not boring, right?” she said as she slid down her Stormcutter’s wing.


            “No I suppose there is that, one specific thing.” Hiccup said as a dragon budged its head against his arm for him to pat the dragon.


            “Do you… do you like?” Valka asked getting closer to Hiccup.


            “I-I-I-I don’t have the words.” He said looking around the place with a hand on the dragon’s nose, but then Toothless started to get crowded by a bunch of dragons, before one lifted his back feet into the air, just to sniff his butt. Toothless got mad and scared all the dragons away.



            “Hahaha, can-can I?” Valka asked Hiccup, gesturing to Toothless. Hiccup responded, with a gesture to go for it.


            “Oh, he’s beautiful.” She said putting her hand up to pat Toothless, she ran her finger up his snout, “Oh oho oh, incredible. He might very well be the last of his kind.” She said as Toothless rolled around her, and laid on his back beside her. “And look, he’s your age. No wonder you get along so well.” She said pointing at the bottom of his neck. But Toothless got up and they started nodding their heads with their mouths open making sounds like, “aya, aya, aya.” But then Toothless retracted his teeth, “Oh, and retractable teeth.” She said having a closer look at his mouth, before rubbing his tongue. “How did you manage…” she started before Hiccup cut her off,



            “I found him in the woods, he was shot down and wounded.” She looked serious after he mentioned that, and stood up to face her son, she walked over to a Snafflefang, and started rubbing its chin before gesturing to its back leg,


            “This Snafflefang lost its leg to one of Drago Bloodfist’s iron traps.” She said before moving over to a Raincutter and picking up her staff, “The Raincutter, got its wing sliced by razor-netting.” She said lifting its wing with her staff. “And this, oh, poor Hobblegrunt was blinded by a tree-snare, and left to die, along and scared.” She said waving her hand in front of the Hobblegrunt getting its attention, and it hugged up to her and changed colour. “And what of this? Did Drago or his trappers do this too?” she said lifting Toothless’ fake tail fin.      


            “Oh, ha-ha, yeah, well crazy thing is, I’m actually the one who, shot him down. Hey it’s okay though, he got me back. Right bud, you couldn’t save all of me, could you? You just had to make it even, so, peg-leg.” He said putting up his leg. Then Toothless went behind him and used his head to shuck Hiccup onto the saddle and rubbed up against him with his tongue out.



            “What did your father think of your Night fury friend?” Valka said as she rubbed her finger up Toothless’ snout.


            “He didn’t take it all that well. But then, he changed, they all did. Soon enough everyone on Berk had dragons of their own.”


            “If only it were possible?” she said.


            “No really…”


            “Believe me I tried as well but people aren’t capable of change, Hiccup. Some of us, were just born different…” she said as she started telling the story of when she was taken,


            “Berk was a land of kill, or be killed, but I believed peace was possible. ‘Stop you will only make it worse’. It was a very unpopular opinion. ‘Oh, Hiccup’. Then one night a Dragon broke into our house, finding you in the crattle. I rushed to protect you, but what I saw, was proof of everything I believed. This wasn’t a vicious beast, but an intelligent, gentle creature, whose soul reflected my own. But then Stoick threw an axe in between us, the dragon, breathed fire through the house, ‘No, don’t’ I said as I pulled him away, ‘Hold on Valka’ Stoick said as he rushed to grab you, ‘No don’t. Stoick!’ I yelled as he took me, ‘Valka!’ ’Stoick!’ You and father nearly died that night, all because I couldn’t kill a dragon." She said with sorrow.


                 


            “Yeah, runs in the family.”



            “It broke my heart to stay away, but I believed you would be safer if I did.”


            “How did you survive?”


            “Oh, Cloudjumper never meant to harm me. He must have thought that I belonged here, in the home of the great Bewilderbeast. The alpha species, one of the few that still exist.” She said as the Bewilderbeast laid there and dragons bowed before him, “Every nest has its queen, but this is the king of all dragons. With its icy breath, this graceful giant built our nest, a safe haven for dragons everywhere.”


    


            “Wait, that’s the ice spitter? He is responsible for all that destruction?”


            “He protects us. We all live under his care, and his command.” She said as the giant stirred, “all but the babies, of cause,” she said as babies jumped out at Toothless, but Cloudjumper scared them off, and they hopped onto the Bewilderbeast, “Who listen to no one. Ha-ha.” Valka laughed, as they played on the giant’s head. But he pushed them off with a gentle breath. And turned his head up to Valka and Hiccup. I was watching the whole time from above on a ledge. The Bewilderbeast looked at Hiccup, while Valka and Cloudjumper bowed, Toothless hesitated, but bowed.



            “I have lived under them for twenty years Hiccup. Discovering their secrets.” Hiccup just stared in amazement. The Bewilderbeast, breathed a cloud of frost at Hiccup. Hiccup fuzzed through his hair to get rid of all the snow that caught on his hair.



            “Ha-ha-ha, he likes ya. You must be hungry?” Valka asked.


            “Ah, yeah, I could eat.”


            “Good, cause its feeding time.” She said as she walked to the entrance, while Toothless bounced around and went under Cloudjumpers wing, he pulled his wing away from Toothless and went after his rider, Hiccup mounted Toothless and Valka mounted Cloudjumper, and they flew off together, I followed, I stayed a bit behind them, but I followed. I wanted to eat.



            “I don’t like it, they should be back with Hiccup by now.” Astrid said as she flew around the ice-berg that they were on.



            “I don’t like it either, Eret, son of Eret, was the man of my dreams, my everything.” Ruffnut complained as she knocked a chicken leg into the ocean that Snotlout was offering to her.


            “But baby, I grew facial hair for you.” Snotlout said as he groomed his moustache.


            “Me too.” Said Fishlegs as he rubbed his cheek.


            “What if Drago shot them down? What if they need our help? We have to find them.”


            “But-but wait, what? But Stoick said...”


            “It doesn’t matter what he said if they have all been captured. Come on.” Astrid said as they flew off for the trappers.


            “Do we go back?”


            “We’ve got nowhere to go, nothing to sell, and no heads to call our own. If we don’t turn up with Dragons and fast…AAAAHHHHHHHHH!” Eret said to his crew before a dragon swooped down and ripped him off the boat.



            “Careful what you wish for.” Astrid advised, as she dodged some bolas and Ruffnut cried out,


            “Eret son of Eret!”                                    


            “What is this?” Eret yelled.


            “A kidnapping.”


            “Yey, can he ride with me? Can he?” Ruffnut said trying to sound romantic.



            "Argh." Tuffnut said and pulled Belch and Barf away from Eret and Stormfly.


            “You are going to show us way to Drago.” Astrid commanded.


            “And help Dragon riders sneak into Drago’s camp, just kill me now.”


            “That can be arranged. Stormfly, drop. Good girl, now Stormfly fetch.”


            “AAAAHHHHHHHH. Alright. Ok I’ll take to Drago. AAAHHHHHH” he yelled as a dragon came and grabbed him again.



            “Works every time.” She said cracking her knuckles.



Cloudjumper and Toothless were carrying Hiccup and Valka out to sea where they would eat. But Hiccup looks behind him and notices me and all the dragons are coming as well,


            “Hey I thought we were going to eat.” He yells to his mother,


            “Oh, we are.” She said stopping in front of him, and stopping him. Then she looks down, and Hiccup looks down. They see some Seashockers, but then they scatter for the Bewilderbeast’s head comes out of the ocean with fish in its mouth, he then sprays the fish everywhere, and the dragons dive into the raining fish for food. Razor caught some for me and himself. My other dragons help themselves. Hiccup just sat there with an open jaw. Valka was standing there laughing her head off. When the Bewilderbeast went back under water. Toothless just hovered there with his tongue out then looked at Hiccup, Hiccup put his arm out gesturing to go for it. Toothless dived into the raining fish and grabbed as many as he could fit into his mouth.



Hiccup and Valka then landed on an ice-berg covered in snow and Hiccup pulled out his map and showed his mother. I landed on the opposite side of the ice-berk and Razor and me just sat there and watched. Hiccup was naming all the islands, when he looked up and his mother was drawing in the snow. Then Toothless was drawing in the snow with an ice spike. He then tried to spit it out, but his tongue was stuck.



We then flew to an up-draft chamber where a breeze is constantly going up. They hovered there using the up-draft, and so did I. I was mainly still around because, I am great friends with Valka, and have known her, ever since my mum died, and I went on a flight to clear my head, and found her.

 

They took off to the up-draft chamber and all the dragons joined them, Valka walked along the wing of Cloudjumper and onto the wing of a Deadly Nadder, she then walked to the head and grabbed the head horns of the Nadder and hop down onto a Snafflefang, rubbing the head of the Nadder, before walking over the wing and using her staff to hook onto a spike on another dragons back and he flew her over to Toothless.

She hopped on Toothless’ wing and walked across Toothless jumping over Hiccup, scuffing up his hair and walking to the other wing, where she slid off and onto Cloudjumper again. They flew off of the up-draft, and said,

            “Oh, when I’m up here, I don’t even feel the cold, I just feel…” Valka started.

            “Free.” Hiccup finished. They looked at each other and smiled.

 

            “This is what it is to be a dragon Hiccup.” She said holding out her arms.

            “It is all well to call yourself a dragon,” he said locking Toothless’ tail and hopping up on Toothless’ back, “But can you fly.” He said jumping off of Toothless, Valka gasped at first but then he pulled out his flight suit. “WooHoo.” He said as he turned over, but saw nothing except me jumping off of Razor and gliding above him with Razor and Smokey flying with me. Then Valka came from under Hiccup. He rolled over and noticed the rocks.

            “Oh, oh-no.” he said as Toothless roared and tried to fly after him, and catch him. Razor caught me and tried to fly up and miss the rocks. Toothless and Hiccup fell through the gap in the rocks and crash-landed in the snow. I landed on the rocks they went through and Valka went to land with them. My Whispering deaths stayed at the Sanctuary, while Electra was with me and Smokey, but Electra stayed out of sight. Toothless opened his wing and didn’t see Hiccup. He panicked for a second, before Hiccup jumped up through the snow and fist pumped the air,

There he is.

Where is he? Where is my human?

            “Man, almost. We just about had it that time.” He said as Toothless sneezed and tripped him over with his tail.

                  “Oh, Incredible.” Valka said looking at his back fin and flight suit.

            “Yeah, not bad yourself.” He said as Valka was checking him over. She then started touching his face, and stopped. She put her hand to Hiccup’s cheek and he pushed into her palm.

            “All this time you took after me. And where was I? I’m so sorry Hiccup. Can we start over? Will you give me another chance?” she said and Hiccup smiled. She walked over to Toothless,

            “I can teach you all that I have learnt these past twenty years. Like;” she went to Toothless’ neck at the back and pushed a pressure point. Toothless’ back spikes then split into two.

            “Now, you can make those tight turns.” She said as Toothless bounced over to Hiccup making a weird noise.

            “Did you know about this?” Hiccup asked Toothless as he opened and closed his back spikes.

            “Every dragon has its secrets, and, I’ll show them all to you. We’ll unlock every mystery, find every last species together, as Mother and Son.” She said as Toothless borrowed through the snow and pounced out in front of Cloudjumper, putting snow on his head. Cloudjumper just dropped it back on Toothless, he shook it off and showed off to Cloudjumper by opening and closing his back spikes.

            “This gift we share, Hiccup. It bonds us. This is who you are son, who we are. We will change the world for all dragons, we will make it a better, safer place.”

            “Yeah, I mean. That sounds amazing.” He said before Valka grabbed her son in a hug, he hugged back and she hugged more. I just stood there. They then broke the hug and Hiccup said,

            “Oh this is so great, now you and I can go talk to Drago together.”

            “What? There is no talking to Drago.” She said, as Cloudjumper walked up to her.

            “But we have to…”

            “No. we must protect our own.” She said as she pat Cloudjumper’s head, “Come on, we should be getting back.” Hiccup sighed and then heard something. He looked at Toothless, who was making a noise that was kind of like, ‘I want to try it out.’ While opening and closing his spines.

When we got back, Hiccup saw me and remembered something,


(Flashback)


            “You knew my mother was alive this entire time and never told me?” Hiccup yelled at me. He couldn’t see my face through my mask, but I had no emotion on my face. I turned away from him and walked to Razor, I was walking into the cave with Razor close by,   “Why is it every time I see you, you remind me of someone that died one and a half years ago. You appeared one week after Zack died. And you always remind me of him. In fact, your dragon looks like a sand wraith and as far as we knew the only Sand Wraith was Razor and although your dragon doesn't look like Razor it does look like a Sand Wraith.” That set Razor off. He growled at Hiccup and threatened to pounce. That was when my other dragons, except Death, showed themselves, they threatened Hiccup to back off. Death only came when I blew a special whistle that no one has seen. No one knows about him, except me and my dragons, not even my secret partner knows yet. They were threatening Hiccup because he started to get too suspicious about me.


            “Down.” I said to my dragons.


            “There is only one person in the world that could train all those types of dragons, they look so much like Zack’s dragons. What are the names of your dragons?”


            “I don’t need to tell you anything but what I want you to know.” I said, I hopped on Razor and flew off with my dragons close on tow. Hiccup turned away and started getting his things.


(End flashback)


            “Rawrk.”


            “Ehh. Hu huhu. Err. Ok, I got you here, now get this thing off me.” Eret said as Stormfly dropped him on the snow, then as he tried to run away, she landed on him.


            “Never take a toy from a Dragon. Don’t you know anything?” Astrid said as she dismounted and walked away.



            “Why does this keep happening to me?” he said as Stormfly curled up on him. The teens walked up the snow cliff and looked over. They saw a bunch of boats and a big boat at the front of the circle, with big bubbles coming from the middle.



            “What’s down there?” Astrid asked. Fishlegs got up and started looking through the dragon cards he holds in his belt bag. He flicked through them saying,


            “Large diameter of bubbles, massive lungs, cold-water deep dweller, I’m thinking class five leviathan maybe six.” He said then Stormfly got up and made a weird noise, then flew off, Eret got up and pulled out his back sword, before, some of Drago’s men shot sleeping darts at, Hookfang’s back, up barf’s neck, and in Meatlug’s neck. They freaked at first, but then fell into unconsciousness.



            “Meatlug, what’s wrong girl?” asked Fishlegs.


            “Hookfang?” Snotlout said.


            “Don’t move.” The men ordered. Fishlegs immediately put up his hands dropping and scattering his cards. The men took them to Drago,



            “Drago. Get off me. Always great to see you my friend.” Eret said as one of the men took his weapons, “keeping warm up here? Well as you can see, I am right on time with a new batch of dragons. Just like I promised.” Then Hookfang woke up and started snapping at the men, as they grabbed the ropes and tried to tie him down,



            “Drop the ropes.” Drago ordered his men. Hookfang took one final snap at the men, Drago gave a growl at Hookfang, Hookfang breathed fire at Drago, but Drago wrapped himself in his cloak. He grabbed his staff off of one of his men and Hookfang roared at him, he roared back at Hookfang, swinging his staff around and banging it into the floor. Hookfang put his head down on the floor, hesitating, in defeat. Drago put his foot on Hookfang’s snout,



            “Hookfang?” Snotlout yelled,


            “What are you doing?” Astrid yelled at Drago.


            “You belong to me now.” Drago told Hookfang, then looked up at the saddles,


            “And as an added bonus, I also caught you their riders, no extra charge.” Eret said trying to buy his way out.


            “What? Are you kidding me?” Astrid said to Eret.


            “Oh, but you were so perfect.” Ruffnut complained.


            “Turns out there is whole bunch of them out there. They attacked…” he was cut off by Drago grabbing his neck and chocking him,


            “How many?” Drago asked Eret.


            “Drago doesn’t have them after all.” Astrid whispered to the others.


            “How Many!?” He yelled at Eret shacking him around.


            “Hundreds, a whole island full.” Astrid started.


            “I wouldn’t worry about it. My men are hunting them down as we speak they won’t know where you are hiding, I promise you that.” Eret said trying to save his neck, but Drago just tightened his grip.


            “Oh, yes they will.” Astrid said starting her new formed plan, while Drago dropped Eret, “They know we are missing and they have tracking dragons. You so much as touch us Hiccup is going to kick…” Astrid continued but was cut off by Drago.


            “Hiccup?” Drago asked.


            “He is not a problem really, trust me.” Eret said trying to save his own skin. And re-catch his breath.


            “He is only the son of Stoick the vast, his heir to the throne of Berk, and the greatest Dragon-Master this world has ever seen.” She threatened, while Eret was signalling to stop.


            “Dragon-Master? I alone control the dragons.” He said with great authority.


            “Nope.” Said Tuffnut.


            “Sorry.” Said Fishlegs. While Ruffnut and Snotlout laughed.


            “And unless you let us go, right now. He will blast in here on his Night fury and blow your entire fleet of ships to splinters.” Astrid threatened.


            “Then you will be crying like babies.” Competed Ruffnut.


            “Funny and Beautiful. Good one babe.” After they laughed at her joke, Fishlegs and Snotlout said in unison.


            “Yeah, like babies. They always cry.” Said Tuffnut. Drago turned to Eret and picked him up the neck and said,


            “First there was one rider, and now all of Berk. And you lead them to me.” He said before throwing Eret across the deck of his ship.


            “Drago.” He pleaded. But Drago just walked up the stairs of his ship onto a higher level of the deck. And yelled,


            “Stop all preparations! We must attack the Dragon riders nest at once! We will take down their Alpha, and then we will take Berk!” he commanded to his men. His men cheered for the occasion.


            “Drago!” Eret pleaded again.


            “And get rid of him.” Drago said as his crew prepared to kill him.


            “Oh, Drago, Please.” He pleaded. Drago’s men threw axes and spears at Eret but Stormfly jumped in the way and used her tail to whack away the weapons and used her wings to protect Eret, she roared at the men, and threw spikes at them with her tail. But one of the men near Drago used a track dart and hit her in the neck.



            “Stormfly! No!” Astrid yelled as Stormfly collapsed on the floor behind Eret. Eret rose to his feet and just realised what happened.


Toothless was laying down enjoying himself, and Hiccup was preparing his suit, when some babies came up and started to pull Toothless’ ears. He pawed away some of them but they kept coming back.



            “Well bud, we can’t wait around for Drago to attack this place. We’ve got to find him first.” Hiccup said to Toothless. But toothless was busy pawing away the babies, they kept coming back, so he got up and roared. Then he noticed one on his tail, he brought up his tail and growled, but the baby only got a better grip on the tail. Hiccup was amused.



            “Let’s go. Hmmm.” Someone grabbed Hiccup by the mouth, to keep him quiet. Toothless turned and started growling but stopped when he realised who it was,



            “Easy now.” Stoick said putting a hand towards Toothless. Hiccup got free of his grasp,


            “Are you kidding me, how did you get in here?” he asked.


            “The same why we are getting you out.” Stoick said giving Hiccup his mask and grabbing his arm.


            “We?”


            “All clear.” Gobber said from the tunnel entrance.


            “Toothless, come.” Stoick said pulling his son along.


            “Wait, ok dad, there is something you need to know.” Hiccup said being dragged by his father until he let Hiccup go.


            “Yeah, yeah, tell me on the way.” Stoick said still moving.


            “Well this isn’t an ‘on-the-way’ kind of update, actually.”


            “I’ve heard enough.”


            “More of the ‘earth-shattering’ development variety.”


            “Just add it to the pile.” Stoick said squeezing through two rocks.


            “Dad. Unlike most surprises, this is one you will like, I promise, you just have to handle it delicately, so.” Hiccup said while stopping his dad. But then Gobber turned around and looked like he had seen a ghost.


            “Ah, you might want to take this one. Oh-Boy.” He said patting his friend on the shoulder and sitting down to refresh his head. Stoick pulled out his sword,


            “Oh, ah, dad, could you put the sword away, please.” Hiccup said before Stoick walked through the passage way, and had a look on the other side and stopped dead in his tracks. With a shocked face, he dropped the sword and took off his helmet. While Gobber and Hiccup appeared from behind him on both sides and looked at Stoick.


 


Valka was at the back in the middle of the ice chamber and I was on Razor just off to the left of her with Smokey on my shoulders.



            “I know what you are going to say, Stoick, How could I have done this? Stayed away all these years, and why didn’t I come back to you, to our son? Well, what sign did I have that you were going to change Stoick that anyone on Berk could? I pleaded so many times to stop the fighting…” She said as the dragons came down and were behind and beside her and me, and Stoick started walking closer. “…to find another answer, but did any of you listen...”


            “This is why I never marry, this and one other reason.” Gobber said to Hiccup.


            “… I know that I left you to raise Hiccup alone. But I thought that he was better off without me. And I was wrong, I see that now, but…” she said as she held up her staff for comfort and backed up into the back wall, while Stoick just kept coming closer. “…oh, stop being so Stoick, Stoick. Go on, Shout, scream, say something.” She said as he was mere inches from her and he placed a hand up to her cheek. The dragons were getting closer, in case Stoick decided to pull something.


            “You’re as beautiful as the day I lost you.” Stoick said through tears, and tears ran down her face, as he leaned in to kiss her she almost dropped her staff, and the dragons backed off. Hiccup looked happy. But I stayed where I was, with my dragons by my side. Stoick didn’t bother looking at me. I walked over to Gobber and Hiccup with Razor in tow.



The giant dragon underneath the ocean was pulling the big flag ship along the water, Drago kept banging the chains, commanding this dragon to move faster.


 


While at the back of the ship, Eret was pushed to the end of the plank.


            “Can this day get any worse?” Snotlout asked.


            “Ah, let me see, we’re going to jump into freezing cold water, and then die from drowning.” Tuffnut answered, while Eret looked over the end of the plank,


            “Looks refreshing. Please ladies first.” Eret said turning to Astrid. While Astrid struggled against the men restraining her.


            “You are a steaming heap of dragon…”


            ‘Duck.” Eret said before he knocked out the two men holding her with his foot, sending a spear into the air, which he caught and used to get out of his restraints, then caught the other spear that was flying through the air.


            “Warn the others.” A soldier ordered.


            “Get ‘em you son of an Eret.” Ruffnut said romantically. Eret used the two spears to knock out one of the guys, and making the other shoot a tranq dart at another one. Then knocked out that one while Fishlegs knocks out one by jumping on him while he was still on the ground getting up. Eret then caught the tranq dart blow pipe that was flying through the air and shot a dart at the guy who was going to warn the others.


            “Ok, I love you again.” Said Ruffnut, as she ran to Eret. Causing Snotlout to sigh in disappointment.


            “Ah, pathetic. You can still jump.” Said Tuffnut at Snotlout.


            “So, we going to save your dragons and get out of here or not.” Eret said to Astrid.


            “Hmm.” Astrid responded.


            “Check every trap, they are here somewhere.” Eret said freeing the others. Astrid ran into the closest trap, and opened it. She climbed up to the opening, and looked inside,


            “Meatlug.” She exclaimed. Meatlug looked happy to see her.


 


Eret and Ruffnut was opening another one,


            “Anyone coming?” he asked.


            “I don’t know, you just keep doing what you’re doing. Keep cranking.” she said looking at his muscles. When the door opened, he climbed up and saw Stormfly. He jumped in and walked up to the dragon slowly. He kneeled down and held his hand out and almost touched her,


            “Thank you, for saving my life. Now let me return the favour.” And with that Stormfly reached and touched his hand with her snout.


            “Mum, you’d never even recognise the place. Where we used to make weapons, we now build saddles, wing-slings, we even fix dragon teeth. You wouldn’t believe how much everything has changed.” Hiccup said grabbing some fish for them to cook.


            “Yep, your son has changed Berk for the better, I think we did well with this one Val.” Stoick said putting his hands on her shoulders.


            “Thanks dad.” Hiccup said as Valka accidently dropped the fish sticks. Toothless rushes in but Cloudjumper bet him to it and ate it all. Toothless sniffed for leftovers, but then looked up at Cloudjumper for some with his ‘puppy-eyes’. Cloudjumper than regurgitated some of the fish for Toothless, he then looked happy and sucked it up.



            “I’m, ah, I’m a little out of practice.” Val said, with hesitation.


            “Well, you know. I didn’t marry you for your cooking.” Stoick said comforting her, while she gave the fish to Hiccup, who took it to Gobber.


            “I hope not. Her meatballs could kill more beasts than a battle-axe.” Gobber said taking the plate from Hiccup, then talking to a sleeping Grump, “I’ve still got a few nogging around in here, ha-ha.” He said touching his stomach.


            “Once you move back in, with all your dragons. Oh, Drago won’t even stand a chance, everything will be OK.” Hiccup said getting excited and walking to Stoick. Valka walked to get water.


            “Slow down son. It’s a lot to take in.” Stoick said putting his arm around Hiccups shoulders.


            “Oh, gotcher.” He responded as Valka got water from a dripping icicle. Stoick started whistling a tune. Valka stopped and froze. Hiccup went and sat with Gobber,


            “Oh, I love this one.” Gobber said as Stoick started walking towards Valka, still whistling the tune. I was pretty much falling to sleep, but when I heard the tune, I just shut my eyes and listened, leaning against Razor. When Stoick got close enough, he took the jug from Valka and laid it down on the bench beside them.


            “Remember our song Val; I’ll swim and sail on savage seas


With ne'er a fear of drowning.


And gladly ride the waves of life


If you will marry me.


No scorching sun, nor freezing cold


Will st"


            “WILL STOP ME ON MY JOUR"ney. Sorry.” Gobber interrupted.


            “If you will promise me your heart.


And love...” Stoick continued waiting for Valka to take over.


            “...And love me for eternity.


My dearest one, my darling dear,


Your mighty words astound me.


But I’ve no need of mighty deeds


When I feel your arms around me.” Valka said walking to the middle of the chamber. They started a dance.


            “But I would bring you rings of gold,


I'd even sing you poetry!” Stoick continued


            Oh, would ya?” Valka said.


            “And I would keep you from all harm


If you would stay beside me!” Stoick sang.


            “I have no use for rings of gold,



I care not for your poetry.


I only want your hand to hold...”Valka continued


            “I only want you near me!” Stoick continued as Gobber got up and danced.


            “To love and kiss, to sweetly hold!


For the dancing and the dreaming!


Through all life’s sorrows and delights,


I’ll keep your love inside me!” Stoick and Valka sang together as Gobber got Hiccup up dancing with him.



            “I’ll swim and sail on savage seas


with ne'er a fear of drowning!


And gladly ride the waves of life


If you will marry me!” Gobber, Stoick and Valka sang. As Hiccup got loose of Gobber and stared in astonishment.


            “Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I'm still goiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnng!” Gobber sang alone, with one hand on his heart and the other in the air.


            “Gobber.” Hiccup said tapping his thigh to stop.


            I'm done.” Gobber said. Stoick then kneeled down on one knee and said with a puffed breath. I nearly got up and danced but I just laid there on Razor, and listened.


            “I thought I would have to die before we did that dance again.” Stoick said kneeling in front of Valka holding her hand.


            “No need for drastic measures.” Val said with a puffed breath.


            “For you my dear, anything. Will you come home Val, will you be my wife once again.” Stoick said as Toothless pushed Valka into Stoick, while Hiccup walked over to them, Stoick got up and wrapped his hands around Hiccup, “We could be a family, what ya say?” Stoick continued as Toothless put his head in the middle, and cooed. That was when Razor popped up his head and looked out of the Sanctuary.


            “Yes.” She said with joy in her eyes.


            “Great. I’ll do the cooking.” Gobber said joining the circle.


            “Thank Odin, you didn’t listen to me son, we never would have found each other.” Stoick said walking away with Val, while Toothless popped up his ears and stared out the gap in the wall, where a bunch of dragons were flying out of the Sanctuary. They looked over towards me, but I was gone.


            “What’s happening?” Hiccup asked. Valka ran out onto an ice shard and looked on, as Drago’s men was shooting the mountain and causing it to fall apart, I flew past on Razor and told her that it was time. Val got angry about the attack and headed back to Cloudjumper.



            “Val, Val it’s alright, we’re a team now. Now what do you want to do?” Stoick asked calming her down and stopping her.


            “We have to save the dragons.” She said putting her hands on both her husband’s and her son’s shoulders.


            “Right, you got it. Come on son.” Stoick said rushing to Skullcrusher.


The dragons kept coming to protect the mountain, but kept getting caught in traps and dragon fights.


            “Whatever comes, keep hitting the mountain, we need to draw the Alpha out.” Drago commanded his men as more dragons came from the mountain. His men and dragons rushed at the alpha’s dragons. They clashed together in epic fights for dominance.



            “Ready the traps!” Drago commanded. Some of his men opened the traps with dragons tied up inside. The Alpha’s dragons go inside the traps to help the dragons tied up inside, but get caught inside as well. But one of the traps was cotted in Zippleback gas as it opened and blew away the man that opened it.



            “Surprise! Yeah!” Tuffnut said as he and Ruffnut flew their Zippleback out of the trap, followed by the other teens on their dragons, except Eret was on Stormfly, Astrid was on the back of Meatlug with Fishlegs.


            “What?!” Drago yelled in anger. As Meatlug flew close to Stormfly.


            “You really are full of surprises.” Astrid said to Eret, then she jumped onto the back of Stormfly, “Let’s go.” She said to Eret.


            “Dragon Riders coming through.” Tuffnut said as they flew past a trap, with Stormfly on tow. Then Hookfang and Meatlug made a right towards the trap.


            “Fire!” Fishlegs sad as Meatlug blew up a trap. Then Hookfang burnt a bola-gun.


            “Ha-ha-ha-ho!” Snotlout laughed.


            “Oh, Yeah!” Tuffnut laughed as they breathed gas along a bunch of traps. Stormfly came from the opposite direction and sparked the gas with her fire. The dragons in the traps were able to break free, and fly away to help the Alpha’s dragons.


            “Cut them down!” Drago ordered with frustration. The men then shot blades at Tuff and Ruff. Ruff then fell off of Barf.


            “Eret, son of Eret! AHHH!” she yelled for Eret to save her. Eret and Astrid watched as Fishlegs and Snotlout saved her. She looked at Snotlout, pulling a pose. She then looked at Fishlegs, also making a pose. She then relaxed and enjoyed the wind in her hair.


 


The fire ball rushed passed Stormfly, but she dodged it.


            “Up girl. Lean left Eret. That’s it. Look out!” Astrid said to Stormfly and Eret as a big block of ice was about to fall on them, before it went BOOM! And Hiccup on Toothless sped past with Stoick and Skullcrusher on his right, and Grump and Gobber on his left. Astrid and Eret looked up and saw them with joy. Toothless made a sharp right, and flew down and blasted a trap. Saving a dragon.



            “Take ‘em down!” one of the men ordered as they prepared their bows.


            “Heads up!” Gobber warned as he and Grump flew past and bonked them on the head with Grump’s tail. Knocking a whole line of men out.


            “Oh, oh, oh, ho.” Gobber laughed. Drago stared with annoyance and confusion. He then heard the roar and wind of a Night fury speeding past. He looked at the Night fury with anger.


            “Dragon Master.” He said to himself. Toothless pulled in beside Stormfly,


            “Welcome aboard dragon rider.” He said to Eret.


            “Thanks. I think.” He said back trying to control Stormfly.


            “Where have you been?” Astrid asked.


            “Oh, you know. Catching up with mum.” He said looking up. They looked up with shock, as a girl in armour, flew up on a Stormcutter, holding up her staff with the Alpha Bewilderbeast rising behind her. The mighty Bewilderbeast roared its authority.


            “That’s your mother?!” Astrid said with amazement.



            “Well, now you know where I get my dramatic flair.” Hiccup said as he flipped the face part of the mask down onto his face again and rode off. The Bewilderbeast smashed its way out of the mountain and breathed its ice all over the enemies, destroying some of the traps.


            “The Alpha, now we have a fight.” Drago said as Cloudjumper flew towards the enemy. Valka swang her staff, while Cloudjumper roared, she stopped her staff signalling to charge. Most of the Zipplebacks, gassed around their heads and bodies, then sparked it and bit their tails, rolling on the ground with their bodies on fire. One of the Zipplebacks got caught in a trap.



            “Come on Toothless, show them what ya got, bud.” Hiccup said to Toothless, he gave a challenging snout in respond and roared. He dived in and blew the trap to smithereens.



            “Whoo-hoo-hoo. That a-boy!” Hiccup said to Toothless, as the Zippleback flew free. Cloudjumper then grabbed an armoured dragon that was fighting a Raincutter, and chucked it down to the ground. But then Valka saw at the last second, a bola fly at her and Cloudjumper and wrapped itself around Cloudjumpers left-bottom wing. Cloudjumper crashed and Val flew off. I saw this as I destroyed another trap and set free more dragons. Val caught herself and came face-to-face with Drago.


            


            “I’ve waited a long time for this.” Drago said walking to Val.


            “You can’t take our dragons.” She said fighting him with their staffs. “They are controlled by the Alpha.” She said taking a defensive position.


            “Then it’s a good thing I brought a challenger.” He said as he turned away, started waving his staff in the air and making roaring sounds like a dragon. I landed behind Valka on Razor. We looked in fear, as another Bewilderbeast rose from the sea. It was darker and filthier then the Alpha.



            “Another one.” Hiccup said as he flew past with the gang.


            “That is a class ten, class ten!” Fishlegs yelled in fear, as the Bewilderbeast stomped on a trap.



            “No.” Valka whispered.


            “Come on! Take down the Alpha!” Drago yelled. But Val came and hit Drago from behind. I took off to deal with the Bewilderbeast before it killed the Alpha. Drago hit Val and she fell to the ground. She tried to get away, but Drago put his foot on her chest, she tried to push his foot off, but it wouldn’t budge. He used his staff to unmask her. He was about to kill her with his staff, but something knocked him down. He got to his feet to see, Valka had taken off her suit and was being lifted up to her feet.


            “Thank you.” She said to the man.


            “For you my dear, anything.” Stoick said as he gave a swing of his axe around his shoulders. He circled Drago, then looked at the Bewilderbeasts fighting. Drago had taken off his cloak and revealed his metal arm. The Bewilderbeasts were ferocious. I tried to stop them but they were too caught up in challenging each other that they would not stop.


    


            “Val, you think you can stop them?” Stoick asked.


            “I’ll do my best. Come on Cloudjumper!” she said as she cut the bola holding him down with her staff, and mounted him. I flew towards the traps and kept blowing them up. The more dragons free, the more we have to stop Drago.


 


Stoick charged at Drago and they fought, he swang his staff but Stoick ducked then grabbed him close.


            “You! I watched you burn!?” Drago said to Stoick in confusion and anger.


            “It takes more than a little fire to kill me!” Stoick yelled back holding on tight to Drago. Stoick punched Drago, in the face, then an uppercut to the stomach, then an elbow to the ribs, and then missed a swing with his other elbow as he turned around.


 


Valka went in between the Bewilderbeasts and waved her staff around, but they didn’t budge to stop.



They charged their heads together, and Val flew away, avoiding being crushed by the heads of the Bewilderbeasts. Stoick gave a few swings of his axe but either missed, or Drago blocked. Drago made a swing for Stoick’s head and hit it with the side of his staff, Stoick flew back and dropped his axe on the fall with his helmet coming off.



Gobber flew past,


            “Stoick!” he yelled as he threw his mace-hand to Stoick. Stoick caught it and swang around hitting Drago’s head, knocking him away. Drago’s men watched as the Bewilderbeasts fought and Valka and Cloudjumper tried to stop them. Drago’s Bewilderbeast threw the Alpha’s head into the air with his tusks, and used his tucks to hook under its head. Drago’s Bewilderbeast, threw the Alpha to the ground, the Alpha let out a roar for help. But Drago’s Bewilderbeast pulled its head back and thrust them forward. Its horns went into the Alpha’s side.



            “No.” Valka said as she reached out a hand to the Alpha and Hiccup put up his mask and shuttered.


            “No.” Astrid said leaning beside Eret on Stormfly. Drago’s Alpha reared up and roared, taking control of most of the dragons, the only ones that didn’t go under his command was Toothless, Cloudjumper, Skullcrusher, some of the dragons that were still on the mountain and the gang’s dragons. He took over Grump though. All the dragons under its command flew before him, bowed and then flew above him in circles.



            “We’ve won. Now, finish her!” Drago yelled pointing his staff towards Val.


            “No.” Stoick said before looking toward Val. The Alpha roared and breathed ice at Cloudjumper, it caught his tail and he fell to the ground.


            “Hold on! Skullcrusher, GO!” he yelled, mounting Skullcrusher and heading towards Val. “Come on Gobber.” He said as he left, throwing Gobber his mace-hand back.


            “Right behind ya Stoick.” He yelled and ran after him.


            “No! Drago, leave her out of this. This is between you and me.” I yelled hovering in front of Drago.


            “Fine.” He swang his staff around and roared. He then pointed his staff at me. “Finish him!” He said. The new Alpha told all the dragons to kill me after they knocked Valka off of her dragon while Cloudjumper was falling, but Stoick caught her. I pulled out a certain whistle that no one has ever seen. Razor and I are the only ones out of my little ‘pack’ that was out here. And there was one thing I never told anyone, or showed, only one person that knows. I blew the whistle and a mighty, giant Screaming death and two Whispering deaths came out of the mountain, and a Skril came from the sky.


            “Save the gang, Valka, Stoick and Gobber. I’ll deal with Drago.” I told my Whispering deaths and Electra. “Death. Keep it distracted. Keep its focus off of the dragons and stop him from finishing Valka. I know you can do it.” I told Death. He raced off to the Alpha. Viper raced to protect Gobber, Stoick and Valka, while Electra and Venom went to help the gang. I went down and landed near Drago.


            “This is the great DarkNight. The ‘Dragon-Alpha’. I’m shaking in my boots.” Drago teased.


            “STOP!” we heard and then a Night fury landed beside me. “STOP!” he yelled again and dismounted. Hiccup took off his helmet and dropped it beside him.


            “Ha-ha-ha, this is the great ‘Dragon-Master’, son of Stoick the Vast. What shame he must feel.” Drago said, teasing again.


            “All this lost, and for what? To become unstoppable? To rule the world?” Hiccup started and Drago just nodded his head. I had dismounted and was standing next to Razor who was growling softly. “Dragons, they-they are kind, amazing creatures that can bring people together.”


            “Or tear them apart.” Drago said as he stabbed his staff into the snow and took off his metal arm and revealed a stump were an arm used to be. Hiccup looked in confusion and shock. As Drago put the metal arm back on he said,


            “See, I know what it is to live in fear, seen my village burn, my family taken. But even as a boy, left with nothing. But vowed to rise above the fear of dragons and liberate the people of this world.” He had walked around Hiccup and was now looking at his Alpha fight a Screaming death. He picked up his staff as he turned back to Hiccup.


            “Then why a dragon army?” Hiccup asked.


            “Well, you need dragons to conquer other dragons.” Drago answered.


            “Or maybe you need dragons to conquer people. To control those who follow you, and to get rid of those who won’t.” he said in anger.


            “Ha-ha-ha, clever boy.” He said in amusement.


            “The world, wants peace, and we have the answer back on Berk. Just let me show you…”


            “No! Let me show you.” Drago yelled as he swung his staff and roared. The Alpha breathed ice at Death and froze him.


            “DEATH!” I yelled. I mounted Razor and flew to my Screaming Death, we blew Razor's Sand-Fire at it trying to melt, I called Viper for assistance and we melted the fire. Viper took Death away back to the mountain to recover and Viper protected Death from the other dragons. The Alpha then walked over to Drago and Hiccup and looked at Drago.


            “What in… Hiccup!” Stoick realised and started running towards us. With Valka on tow. Cloudjumper and Skullcrusher started going under the Alpha's control. “Come on Gobber.” He said as they passed Gobber that just caught up to them.


            “Ok change in plans.” Gobber said as he just reached them then had to turn around. I got back on Razor after making sure Death was ok and we flew to Hiccup and landed next to Toothless.


            “No dragon can resist the Alpha’s command. So he who controls the Alpha, controls them all.” Drago said pointing at the Alpha, then pointing at Toothless. The Alpha then tried to control Toothless, Toothless resisted, but couldn’t fight it forever.


            “Toothless?” Hiccup said in confusion. “Toothless, you ok bud. What’s going on?” Hiccup said as he whined in the fight for free will.


            “Witness, true strength. Strength of will over others.” Drago said still pointing at Toothless as Toothless fought for his will. Toothless was then taken by the Alpha. “In the face of it, you are nothing.” Drago said turning his staff to Hiccup. Toothless then looked at Hiccup and started walking towards him. Razor started to growl at Toothless.



            “Ah, what did he just tell you?” Hiccup asked Toothless.


            “Toothless! Stop!” I yelled, and for a second there it worked, Toothless was starting to come back, but then the Alpha took control again. Razor jumped in between Hiccup, me and Toothless, but Toothless wouldn’t stop, he had a Plasma blast charging in his mouth as he steeped closer. Hiccup kept yelling at Toothless over our shoulders.


 


Stoick through his axe to cut down a log and jumped over it while still running, he unsheathed his sword as he landed and kept running.


            “Toothless. Come on, what’s the matter with you? No, no, no. Come on, knock it off. Stop! Snap out of it. Toothless, no. Toothless! Don’t!” Hiccup said as Toothless tackled Razor to the side and kept walking to Hiccup. I ran to Razor and checked him, he had been bitten and scared bad by Toothless's claws and teeth.


            “HICCUP!” Stoick yelled as he got close.



            “STOP!” Hiccup yelled looking from Toothless to the Alpha.


            “SON!” Stoick yelled with pleading and desperate eyes.



            “DAD!” Hiccup yelled, putting his hands out to Toothless and his father. “STOP!” he yelled as he was pushed out of the way and Toothless fired. Valka stopped dead in her tracks, but kept moving on.



Drago was walking away but stopped to look back. I was buried under some rocks, with Stoick. Hiccup was puffing and looked up to see, Toothless with steam coming from his mouth.


 


He then looked over to the pile of ice, and the bodies. He got up and stumbled, but then ran towards the bodies, he pushed the ice off,


            “DAD!” he yelled. Valka came into view of what happened. She stopped in her tracks.


            “Stoick.” She whispered and ran to Hiccup. Stoick took most of the blast, but at the high power that Toothless's plasma blast was at, it should have killed is both. But somehow I survived and he didn’t. Stoick was just on me though and no one knew. Valka checked for a heartbeat, she didn’t hear anything and started crying.


            “No.” Hiccup breathed and they both started crying. Gobber came up, took off his helmet and wept as well. The alpha looked away, releasing his hold on Toothless. Toothless shook his head and wondered what happened. He then noticed everyone landing. Astrid gasped and ran to Hiccup, kneeling at his side. She then looked at Valka, they were both filled with sorrow, as Hiccup leaned over his father’s body and cried. Then Toothless came up and started rubbing Stoick’s hand with his snout.


            “No! Get away from him. Go on, get out of here! Get away!” he yelled as Toothless tried to comfort him, but Hiccup get shooing him with his hands.


       


As Toothless ran off, Valka put her hand on Hiccup’s shoulder,


            “It’s not his fault, you know that?” she said as Hiccup sat back down. The Alpha roared and all the dragons, all of them, except mine, went under his control. “Good dragons, under the control of bad people, do bad things.” Valka said as the gang’s dragons flew off. Toothless tried to fly a few times but crashed. As he flew passed Drago, Drago used his staff and hooked onto Toothless saddle and pulled him to the floor. He then pushed his staff into Toothless’ neck and mounted him, then took off.



            “Come on! Gather the men and meet me at Berk!” he commanded as he and the other dragons flew off with the Alpha swimming below.


            “Toothless!” Hiccup yelled getting up and trying to get back his dragon. Valka held him back saying,


            “No, don’t.”



But then Razor came up to me with a said look. Hiccup then knew.


            “DarkNight.” He said to Razor, more to himself than anyone else. Hiccup looked at Razor with sorrow. Razor then started pawing at the ground. Then Viper started slithering up to them. She motioned for them to move, they moved Stoick’s body. She then picked up a man with her tail. She placed him down gently. Viper looked sad.


When Drago’s men all left, the others stood there in sorrow. That was when I stirred. I shot open my eyes, and sat up with puffed, panting breaths. Razor and my other dragons looked happy. Razor licked me all over.


            “You’re alive! How are you alive?” Hiccup asked in fear, amazement and confusion with a tinge of sorrow.


            “Thanks to Razor and my dragons. Every time they shredded their scales, I kept them and made an under layer cloak under the outfit.” I said through puffed, and panting breaths. That was when I decided to take off my mask.



They all gasped.


            “Zack. You’re alive.” Astrid said, shocked as the others.


            “I knew it. I knew it was you.” Hiccup said.


            “Yeah you had your suspicions. But you were right. It was me.” I responded. But then they looked closer at my face. There was a scar from the centre of my forehead to my left cheek, through my left eye. My left eye was red and blind.


            “Why? Why did you do it? I mean fake your death and pretend to be dead this whole time?” Fishlegs asked.


            “Well, when my house was accidently set alight by an angry Monstrous Nightmare. I was trapped inside. I was planning to leave Berk ever since my mum died. But then when I was trapped in my house, it was the perfect time, and way to fake my death and become someone else. I put the bones of a dead animal I found a while before, and put them on the floor with burnt meat still on them. But when I was suited up and started to leave on Razor, I was caught in the flame. Razor blasted a hole and we escaped.” I said with the memory going through my mind. I then showed them my right arm and left leg. “I suffered some serious injuries that day.” I said.



            “I lost the flesh and meat on my right arm and left leg. My left leg, at the bottom was still a peg-leg though. When we flew away, I thought of what we were going to do, I landed on an island, and while we were sleeping some angry dragons snuck up on us. They attacked us, Razor, Viper and Electra tried to fight them off, but there was too many of them, one of them got their claws and made this.” I said gesturing to my eye. “Now, what are we doing?” I asked Hiccup.


            “First, let’s do the right thing.” Gobber said gesturing to Stoick’s body. We decided to do a traditional memorial and give him a proper traditional funeral. We used an old half destroyed boat, piled wood on there and put Stoick’s body on it. We put a sheet over him and his helmet over his heart on the sheet.


As we pushed the boat out to sea, Gobber said a few words,


            “May the Valkyries welcome you, and lead you through Odin’s great battle field. May they sing your name with love and fury, so that we might hear it from the depths of Valhalla, and know that you have taken your rightful place at the table of Tens. For a great man has fallen, a warrior, a chieftain, a father, a friend.” He said as he gathered bows and arrows, gave one to each of us. Hiccup lit his arrow and shot first. Everyone did so as well with tears in our eyes. I shot as well, for he was my chief too, once. As we watched the ship burn, Hiccup said,


            “I’m sorry dad. I’m not the chief you wanted me to be, and I’m not the peace-keeper I thought I was.” He said to the burning boat. Everyone dropped their bows, Snotlout hid a tear, Fishlegs sniffled, and Astrid sighed at her boyfriend.


            “You came early into this world. Such a wee thing. I feared you wouldn’t make it. But your father, he never gave hope. He always said you’d be the strongest of them all.” Valka said walking up beside Hiccup and putting her hands on his shoulder. “You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon. Only you can bring our worlds together, that is who you are son.” Valka said, then stepped aside for him to see the ship.


            “I was always afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great? That brave? That selfless? I guess you can only…try.” Hiccup said out to sea through sorrow and tears. "A chief protects his own. We’re going back.” He said to everyone.


            “Ah, with what? He took all the dragons?” Tuffnut and Ruffnut said.


            “Not all of them.” Hiccup said with a plan.


            “Hump hum.” I said clearing my throat, standing in front of my dragons.


We flew as fast as the little Scuttlerclaws would carry us.



            “Ahhhh, I don’t want to die!” Fishlegs yelled as he couldn’t control his dragon.


            “We can’t fly these things.” Tuffnut said as his little Scuttlerclaw was going crazy.


            “Yeah, no kidding.” Fishlegs commented as his dragon flew through a snow hill.


            “But won’t that Bewilderbeast just take control of these guys too?” Astrid asked beside Hiccup.


            “Their babies. They don’t listen to anyone.” Hiccup said with perfect control of his.


            “Yeah, just like us.” Tuffnut said getting the hang of it.


            “This is… AH… very dangerous.” Gobber said as his dragon smashed into the wall a few times. Valka rode Electra, Ruffnut rode Venom, Snotlout rode Viper, and the rest rode baby Scuttlerclaws. No one could ride Death, he was too big. And Razor wouldn’t let anyone else but me on him.


            “Some might suggest, this is totally conceive.” Gobber said beside Hiccup.


            “Then it’s a good thing that I never listen.” Hiccup said still riding.


            “So… what is your… plan?” Gobber said breaking up due to the ice pillars.


            “Get Toothless back and kick Drago’s…” he got cut off by a pillar.


            “Heads up!” Gobber yelled as a pillar crossed their path.


            “And that thing.” Hiccup whined.


            “Ahhhh, oow!” Gobber breathed as his Scuttlerclaw banged into the pillar while Hiccup and Astrid went over it. I kept my mask on for identity protection from Drago, and I didn’t want the village knowing that Zack was alive and in fact DarkNight, the ‘Dragon-Alpha’.


The statue crumbled as the Alpha walked over it, heading to Berk. All the Terrible terrors were sleeping on Gothi, they woke up and went out the door, and Gothi followed and gave a silent gasp at what she saw. A man was in his living room, scratching his Gronkle’s stomach. The Gronkle then looked up, and his eye slits into thin lines. He started flying out.



            “What-what is it Fungansur? Where’re ya goin’?” the man asked as he followed his dragon outside and saw the mass of dragons. Everyone was walking out of their houses watching as their dragons flew off to join the mass of dragons circling around a giant beast-of-a-dragon. And there he was, flying on Toothless, Drago Bloodfist.


  


            “Your chief is dead!” he yelled, there was a few gasps.


            “Stoick?” some of them questioned.


            “No one can save you now!” Drago yelled as he waved his staff at them, commanding the Alpha to fire. His Bewilderbeast blew ice at the village.



We finally arrived at Berk.


            “Oh no. He took all the dragons.” Fishlegs said.


            “Distract the Alpha. Try to keep his focus off of Toothless.” Hiccup said.


            “Ah, how?” Tuffnut asked.


            “Have you forgotten who you’re riding with? There is not a dragon alive that I can’t wrangle. Ahhhh, except for this one!” he yelled as his dragon went for a quick dive.


            “Amateur.” Snotlout insulted.


The villages hid behind their houses, then looked out to the horizon.


            “Hey look, it’s Hiccup.” A man said from behind a house.


            “And DarkNight.” Another man said. They all started cheering as the dragons rode up to the village. The gang went to their spots. I went to the Alpha’s face. Hiccup went to Drago and Toothless. Valka stayed close by for back-up. Gobber went and helped the kids.


            “What?” Drago said in confusion. I was hovering in front of the Alpha, blocking his view of Hiccup, when a sheep came between us and barred. The Alpha got distracted by the sheep.


            “Ah, keep them coming.” Ruffnut said.


            “Black sheep baby.” Snotlout said bringing the black sheep and passing it to Ruffnut. The alpha roared and threatened to fire, when the horn went off. He stopped and looked, nothing. He roared again before the black sheep flew right into his face. It bounced on his head a couple times, but got stuck on his nose.


            “Ten points!” Snotlout said, before the Bewilderbeast blew the sheep off of him. They laughed, before the alpha roared again. But the horn went off again. Fishlegs laughed from behind the horn. The alpha roared again, and Fishlegs took a peak. The alpha saw him, and blew ice at the horn, destroying it.



            “I’m okay!” he yelled and ran off. My turn. I had to keep him distracted while Hiccup got Toothless back.


Hiccup flew right up to Toothless, breathing, breathing.


            “You shore are hard to get rid of. I’ll say that.” Drago said while Hiccup approached.


            “Toothless. Hey, it’s me bud. It’s me-it’s me, I’m right here, bud. Come back to me.” Hiccup said, trying to get through to him.


            “He’s not yours anymore, he belongs to the Alpha. But please, oh great ‘Dragon-Master’, try to take him. He won’t miss a second time.” Drago said gesturing to the Alpha with his staff, laughing. The alpha was trying to hit me with ice. But Razor dodged every blow trying to not make the ice miss me, and hit anyone else.


            “It wasn’t your fault bud. They made you do it. You would never hurt him. You’d never hurt me.” Hiccup said reaching out his hand, getting closer. Hiccup placed his hand on Toothless’ nose, Toothless was coming through, but was still being controlled by the Alpha.



            “How are you doing that?” Drago asked in confusion and curiosity.


            “Please, you are my best friend bud. My best friend.” Hiccup whispered to Toothless. Hiccup took his hand off, and Toothless fought the hold of the alpha. Toothless came back.



            “That a boy, that’s it. I’m here.” Hiccup said to Toothless and put his hand on his chin.


            “ENOUGH!” Drago yelled and smacked Toothless’ head with his staff. Toothless grabbed the staff, as it came back around and through Drago off.


 


            “Yeah! Hang on!” Hiccup yelled. Toothless hovered for a moment before falling. Hiccup jumped after him. Drago landed on his Bewilderbeast’s tucks. While Toothless and Hiccup fell. “Almost there buddy, almost there.” Toothless roared for Hiccup to hurry. Hiccup grabbed Toothless’ saddle and operated the tail. They pulled up in the nick of time, skidding the water. They went around a rock pillar and looked at Drago and the Alpha.


            “Do something!” Drago yelled at the alpha.


            “We need to get those two apart.” Hiccup said thinking of a plan. They flew past a flag, and Hiccup grabbed a thin piece of the flag. They flew through the village, dodging the Bewilderbeast’s icy blasts. Toothless roared trying to keep in control. “You gotta block him out Toothless. Do you trust me?” Toothless grumbled, kind of saying, ‘Yes, with my life’. Hiccup wrapped the piece of flag around his eyes as a blindfold.



            “That’s it. You and me, as one.” Hiccup said putting his hand on Toothless’ nose. Hiccup adjusted the tail, and Toothless tried to adjust his half. “That’s it. Now let’s do this one more time.” Hiccup said as they sped towards the Bewilderbeast. I baked off and let Hiccup do his thing.



            “Take ‘em down Babe.” Astrid yelled. As the crowd cheered.



            “Go get ‘em.” Valka said, hovering as Hiccup passed her.



            “Take control of it!” Drago yelled.



            “Shut it out Toothless.” Hiccup said putting his arms over Toothless’ ears.



            “Stop them!” Drago yelled in frustration.


            “NOW!” Hiccup yelled. Locking Toothless’ tail. The alpha breathed ice at them, they flew over the ice and past the alpha. Drago laughed, but then looked closer at the saddle. It was empty. Toothless’ blindfold came off, and Toothless looked at the saddle. Drago looked back and found Hiccup gliding towards him. Hiccup glided past, spraying Zippleback gas all around Drago. Drago gave a swing with his staff but missed. Hiccup then sparked it, blowing Drago off of the alpha. Hiccup was still gliding, and Toothless came up behind to catch him. He tried to catch up but wasn’t making it.



            “Not again.” Hiccup complained, as the alpha’s tail was going into the air, and Hiccup was going to hit it. “Toothless, it’s now or never!” Hiccup called to Toothless. Toothless concentrated and split his spines. “Come on Bud.” He called. Toothless then made a sharp turn up, catching Hiccup. They were doing the same thing they tried to do to the red death. But this time, not get hit by the tail. They flew straight up past the tail, “We did it!” Hiccup said rubbing Toothless’ cheeks. They stopped, did a spin, and headed for where Drago landed.



Toothless made a quick landing and Hiccup dismounted quickly. He threw his Ignitor blade into the ground between Drago and his staff. He actually hit Drago on the hand a little bit.



            “Hold him there Toothless. It’s all over now.” Hiccup said putting his flight suit down. The alpha snuck up behind Hiccup.


            “Or is it?” Drago said with an evil grin. Hiccup turned around, but the alpha had already prepared itself. It breathed ice straight away. Toothless jumped in and curled around Hiccup, but they were both frozen in the ice. Valka and I landed near the ice.



            “No. No. Hiccup.” Valka tried to break the ice and I stayed back on Razor, but then we all noticed that the ice started lighting up blue, with a noise that sounded like a night fury, dive bombing. We all started running, and the ice exploded.


Every one gasped. It revealed a very angry Toothless, and a surprised Hiccup. Toothless had split his spines and they were glowing blue. Toothless roared angrily at the alpha and then looked at Hiccup. Hiccup gave him a smile, and then Toothless growled at the Bewilderbeast. Toothless ran up and pounced up an ice shard, he roared at the alpha and rose his wings. The Alpha roared back, Valka ran to Hiccup, with me and Razor.



            “He’s challenging the Alpha.” Hiccup said.



            “To protect you.” Valka pointed out. Toothless started firing at the alpha, on the tusks were it connected to the rest of his face, and at the side of his face. The Bewilderbeast swung his tusks at Toothless, he jumped over the tusks and landed on another ice shard, and kept firing. The Bewilderbeast roared at Toothless, but Toothless kept firing. Toothless jumped back to Hiccup, and roared at the other dragons. They were all freed from the Bewilderbeast’s control, they went and helped Toothless.



            “No, no, no! Fight back! Fight back! What’s the matter with you!?” Drago yelled as he grabbed his staff, and used it to climb up one of the tusks. The Bewilderbeast tried to gain control over the other dragons again but they wouldn’t listen. Hiccup mounted Toothless, and I mounted Razor. We went up to the ice shards and sat with our heads high and proud. All the villages came out of the shadows and stood up to Drago.



            “Now do you get it, this is what it is to earn a dragons loyalty. Let this end now!” Hiccup yelled at Drago, gesturing to everyone else, even Toothless.



            “Never, come on!” Drago yelled, holding up his staff. His Bewilderbeast stepped forward. Toothless roared to the other dragons to follow his lead. He charged a plasma blast in his mouth, and fired, every other dragon started firing at the Bewilderbeast.



            “FIGHT!” Drago yelled at his dragon. One of the dragons in armour, fired and it hit Drago’s metal arm off. When the Bewilderbeast got angrier, it rose up spreading its small wings and roared loudly. All the dragons stopped firing, and Toothless spread his wings up high, and roared at the Bewilderbeast and started charging a plasma blast in his mouth. Toothless let out the biggest plasma blast ever.



The Bewilderbeast pulled back and shook his head. One of his tusks fell off as the Bewilderbeast roared in anger and pain. Toothless then let out the loudest roar ever to show authority. The Bewilderbeast then stood on its back two feet and bowed hesitantly, grumbling its surrender.



            “The Alpha, protects them all!” Hiccup said. Drago shook as the Bewilderbeast retreated back into the water.




Everyone from the village cheered. As Hiccup pulled Toothless away, towards the village. They landed in the centre of the ring of Vikings. Hiccup dismounted, and all the dragon landed around Toothless. Cloudjumper landed in front of Toothless and walked up to him. Cloudjumper looked at Toothless, then Bowed. All the dragons then Bowed. Toothless put his ears back and head high in pride. He then let out a roar to the sky and all the dragons roared. Toothless then turned to Hiccup,



            “You never cease to amaze me bud. Thank you.” Hiccup told Toothless, while rubbing his finger up his head then grabbing his cheeks and laying his head on Toothless’ head. Toothless purred, then licked him to the floor. “Toothless, you know that doesn’t wash out!” Hiccup complained. Everyone laughed. All the dragons ran back to their rider/owner. A Deadly Nadder ran to a woman, a Hideous Zippleback wrapped its two head around a man, a Monstrous Nightmare hugged its head against a man’s body, and a Gronkle hugged up to a woman. Gothi stood there with her arms spread out, before a bunch of Terrible Terrors swarmed around her and hugged in tight.



            “Stormfly!” Astrid yelled as Stormfly landed and they hugged.



            “Oh, give me a cuddle Grumpy!” Gobber said as Grump landed on Gobber.



            “Who’s my little Princess?” Fishlegs said excitedly as Snotlout and Fishlegs ran past Ruffnut to Meatlug and Hookfang.



            “Don’t you ever leave again.” Snotlout said to Hookfang. Ruffnut was disappointed, Fishlegs and Snotlout where talking about their dragons not her.



            “Oh, Barf.” She said as she hugged Barf, “Not you.” She said as she pushed away Belch into Tuffnut’s arms.



Hiccup walked up to Skullcrusher and put one hand on his chin, the other on his nose.



            “That was some pretty fine dragon wrangling back there. You’d make a pretty fine dragon trapper, my friend.” Eret said to Hiccup as Skullcrusher butted Eret with his head.



            “You know, Skullcrusher’s gonna need someone to look after him now.” Hiccup said to Eret as he patted Skullcrusher.


            “Me?” Eret asked. Hiccup gave a smile and a nod. “I’d be honoured.” Eret said to Hiccup.



            “Your father would every bit as proud, as I am.” Val said walking up to Hiccup.


            “Thanks. I’m really glad you’re here mum.” He said as they hugged.


            “And here I’ll stay.” Val said moving to his side and putting an arm around Hiccup as Toothless cuddled into her. They looked at the crowd before…


            “See, I told you it was in here.” Astrid said gesturing to his heart. But then she pushed the back fin. Everyone laughed.



            “Ha-ha-ha, still pulling that one. That’s hilarious, come here you.” Hiccup said wrapping his hand around her waist and pulling her in close for a kiss.



            “Oh.” Gobber said before putting a hand in front a young boys eyes. They broke the kiss, and Gothi tapped him on the shoulder with her staff. Hiccup came closer and kneeled in front of her. Gothi grabbed some ash on her fingers, and signed his forehead.


Gobber walked up to Hiccup and smiled.


            “The chief has come home!” Gobber yelled to everyone. The twins head-butted, Snotlout fist-palmed the air. Astrid walked to Hiccup, Valka stood there in pride, and I took off my mask, staying on top of the building I was standing on with Razor. None of the village saw me, they were looking at Hiccup. Hiccup saw me, smiled, and nodded his head. I smiled and nodded back, put my mask back on and mounted Razor. Toothless shot a plasma blast into the air and all the dragons surrounding Toothless followed his lead and shot into the air too, creating a fiery explosion.



Razor roared to the rest of my dragons, and we took off to the sky. Everyone, still cheering, watched as I left.


            “Where you going?” I heard behind me.


            “Uh, don’t know.” I responded as I turned Razor around and we hovered in front of the new chief and alpha.


            “You know, you could stay. Berk was your home once, it can be again.” Hiccup said trying to convince me to stay.


            “You know Hiccup, I left because Berk holds to many memories. You will make Berk an even better place. I will be back, but until then.” I said as Electra flew beside me. “Take care of her.” I said to Hiccup, as I motioned for Electra to go to Hiccup. “I love you girl, but I need you to keep watch on Berk. Ok?” I whispered to Electra, rubbing her head. Electra smiled back, in a dragon way, and flew to Hiccup’s side.


            “I will.” Hiccup promised.


            “Her names Electra.” I said as I sped off with my other dragons. I was heading for my secret hideout because I just knew I couldn’t stay on Berk.


Hiccup and the gang started rebuilding the town, while Hiccup and the villages were building the village, a terrible terror was trying to fly off with a sheep, before the twins picked it up and fought over it, then accidently tossed it to Fishlegs. But before Fishlegs got it, Snotlout flew in and caught it putting it in his basket. They flew around the track and Eret and Skullcrusher joined them. Hiccup was helping to rebuild the town when he looked around and saw the town build a statue of Stoick, when Astrid flew past Hiccup, and then past Val and Gobber, as they were getting off all the armour from the dragons. Gobber raced over and launched the black sheep, Astrid went in to catch it, but was cut off by a black mass. Hiccup and Toothless went and tossed it in Astrid’s basket. The whole time Hiccup was commentating,


(Commentating)

“This is Berk, a bit trampled, and busted and covered in ice, but its home, it’s our home.

Those who attacked us are relentless and crazy, but those who stopped them, OHH, even more so.

We may be small in numbers, but we stand for something even bigger than the world can pit against us.

We are the voice of peace, and bit by bit, we will change this world. You see, we have something they don’t, oh sure, they have armies, and they have armadas.

But we, we have, OUR DRAGONS!”

ROAR!!



© 2015 Caity


Author's Note

Caity
sorry it is as long as the last one, it took me weeks to write the full story, please don't criticise me, like I said in the previous one, it is my first story, there is a bit more to it coming in part 3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on July 13, 2015
Last Updated on July 14, 2015

Author

Caity
Caity

Mackay, Mackay, Australia



About
Love horses and dogs Like writing dragon and medieval time books more..

Writing