Part 1: The Heat of the Sun

Part 1: The Heat of the Sun

A Chapter by Jasmine S. Edwards
"

On Our Way; A month after Vincent stopped Omega from sucking the life out of Gaia

"



Part 1: The Heat of the Sun


(“Destiny Islands”) In the resort town of Costa del Sol on a small island chain off its coast lays the Destiny Islands; Cloud and Vincent venture here as requested by Reeve. They walk up to a house with its own private beach; its three stories and symmetrical in structure.  A garage is attached to the right side of the house while a garden is on the other side; same size. A white picket fence encloses the yard but the gate is open. Cloud and Vincent can hear voices inside the house and in the backyard. They approach the porch but the front door opens before they could knock. A little girl who looks to be about seven years old comes out of the house. She has short black hair pulled back from her face and emerald green eyes. She’s wearing a yellow sundress that has white flowers on it and white sandals.




Surprised to see two men on her porch, she freezes in place. Vincent steps forward, gets eye level with the girl and says,

“Sorry to startle you. But, does a woman named, Serenity live here?”

Cloud adds, “A man named, Reeve Tuesti sent us.”

The girl lowers her head and runs into the house yelling, “Serenity! A guy with spiky yellow hair and a creepy looking man with black hair are here to see you!” Cloud and Vincent look at each other not surprised they were described that way.

They hear footsteps coming down stairs. When they look in the doorway, they see a woman with light brown hair, long and curly, a long braid rests on her right shoulder while the rest of her hair lies on her back. She also has a tan, white sunglasses lie on her head as if being used as a headband and she has emerald green eyes as well. She is wearing a white short-sleeved jacket with a sky blue tank under it, a white skirt and white knee-high boots with laces- despite the day being very hot.




“Are you Vincent Valentine and Cloud Strife?”

“Yes, Reeve sent us here. He said that Serenity may be the person who can solve all our problems; namely the one who will not diffuse into the Lifestream.”

“Come inside, I’ll get us some tea.” She holds the door open for them as they enter. She directs them to the living room to the left of the main foyer. She closes the door and heads to the right to the kitchen.

            In the living room, Vincent sits on the couch facing the fireplace on the west wall while Cloud sits on the couch facing the north wall with a window to the backyard. Serenity returns with tea and sets it on the coffee table in the middle of the room. She sits in the rocking chair next to the fireplace and faces them.

“Thank you for the tea.” Vincent politely says.

“No problem. So, do you know who I am?”

“No, he just gave us your name and address. How do you know Reeve?” Cloud responds.

“Reeve and I have known each other for a couple years now. We both worked for Shinra.”

“I see. What does that have to do with us?” Vincent wonders.

“Well, seeing that you two also worked for Shinra and knew my husband it has everything to do with you two.”

“Your husband? I didn’t know Reeve had a wife.” Cloud is baffled.  

She begins to rock in her chair, "Listen to my story. It may help save this planet." (End)  



© 2013 Jasmine S. Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the idea and concept but I think the story could be told better. It seems like your writing the outline for a movie rather than a story and actually telling and explaining. A good idea and definatley shows promise but I think this can be improved.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jasmine S. Edwards

10 Years Ago

i see what your saying and yes i definitely wrote this from a movie approach instead of a story appr.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1033 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 14, 2013
Last Updated on December 14, 2013


Author

Jasmine S. Edwards
Jasmine S. Edwards

Rochester, NY



About
College student who loves to write in my free time :) Always looking for inspiration and a good story to read. I write what comes to my mind or my takes on stories unfinished. My smart phone, a pen a.. more..

Writing