Chapter 2 - Pregnant

Chapter 2 - Pregnant

A Chapter by Shhhh

Pregnant. I kept thinking. Pregnant. Why? Just why? I keep pacing myself back and forth. Why?
Only one person to call of course: Laura.
I dial her number. If there is one thing I'll always remember, it's her phone number for sure. She answers quickly as if she's been expecting a call from me.
"Hey" she says rather cheerfully. "How's it going?"
"Okay," I reply, "Even better now that you answered." I smile ear to ear, and I imagine her doing the same.
"Are you um- a-are you still working in the streets?" she inquires very hesitantly.
My zeal begins to fluctuate and slowly die down. "That's actually why I called you." I take a breath and sigh. "Listen, I'm pregnant."
"Oh um, well, well how do you feel about this?" 
"It's terrible," I whine. "I barely have money for myself and now I have another soul to feed and entertain. It can't work" I don't cry however. After all this time, tears seem to be useless; human instincts which use up time and emotion only to leave you even more desperate and broken.
"Listen. You know I'm always here for you. And you know I always advise you and aid you with your troubles, right?"
"Right." I say.
"Well, use this as an opportunity. Don't take this the wrong way or anything but find a decent job; start taking care of yourself and the baby of course. You've lived your childhood in heartache so why don't you use this precious gift as an opportunity for a soul to deserve the freedom and safety from a supportive mother. In other words, provide him the life you never had as a child. You didn't deserve that pain and this beautiful baby might provide closure for all that trauma. And then just you wait. That kid will bloom into a beautiful person just like you. You'll see."
I grinned at the thought of it.
So I kept waiting.
...
5 months pregnant already. Where has the time gone? I've been saving every penny from my new job at the supermarket and have only spent some cash on food and a cellphone. Laura was right. Maybe. Just maybe. Life is getting better. I already know where I'm buying everything for my beautiful baby. I found a gorgeous cherry wood crib with the engraved letters "Mommy's Girl" with beautiful, gleaming roses painted at the side. And it it's a boy, the crib with "Mommy's Boy" and paintings of red and blue toy cars will do just as fine. For once, I feel satisfied with the direction my life has been going to lately. I feel relieved. For now.
...


© 2013 Shhhh


Author's Note

Shhhh
The happiest that this story will ever get to.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on July 24, 2013
Last Updated on July 24, 2013


Author

Shhhh
Shhhh

CA



About
My name is Kevin. I am 16 years old, however, age is no matter when it comes to writing. Writing is my life along with dance. I write about anything to my heart's content. If you wish for me to review.. more..

Writing