Hello, my name is..

Hello, my name is..

A Chapter by Ai Michiko

3 October 2015, Pittsburgh, A windy day at Westlead College 2:09 P.M 

I was sitting in the class with my head resting on my left hand and a pen in my right hand. 
I heard the ticks of the clock passing by, some pupils breathing and my math teacher scraping his throat every minute. 
It was always so quiet in math class. Probably because Mr. Smith was not as easy as our Chemistry teacher, Mrs. Mayer. 
He would always yell whenever someone starts talking, looking or even breathing.
Like damn he needs to calm his tits.
I put my focus on my test again and like that, an hour passes by and I'm finally out. 

''Thank goodness! I couldn't take the silence anymore. Put someone in a room with only a clock ticking and I guarantee you, they will lose their mind.'' I said to my best friend Casidy.
''Your damn right girl.'' She says while grinning wide. 
Casidy was my best friend ever since kindergarten. I really adored her. She was pretty, slim and she had cute little freckles spread out on her node bridge and cheeks. She had red hair that was hip length and that perfectly matched her blue eyes. Her eyebrows were in a perfect and even shape, a little round but still hi-low. Her cheekbones were emphasized by her slim face. Comparing to me, she had a very slim and woman-like body. She could pass as a model. Me on the other hand, I wasn't very woman like. I was a little overweight, had mid-length dark brown hair that totally matched my hazel colored eyes but was overseen by my big black glasses. And my acknowledge of how to use make-up was wrong in so many ways.
We walked towards the bus when she suddenly grabbed my arm and buried her pink painted long nails into my soft flesh.
''What are you doing? You're hurting me!'' I said angrily, but then realizing she was staring at something, or should I say someone.
I followed her eyes and there I saw a guy standing, looking on a piece of paper and then around him. I didn't understand and rolled my eyes.
''What? You grabbed me just to show me a new guy?'' I asked a little irritated and pulled out of her grab. ''We're gonna miss the bus Cas.'' I exclaimed while making stalls to run to the bus.
''No, you dumb idiot! Look, he is so hot.'' Casidy says, her eyes practically stripping him.
I looked dumbfounded at her and then shook my head, grabbed her hand and sprinted to the bus. Casidy almost fell at the sudden action but luckily we could catch the bus in time. 

When I reached home after a long bus ride of Casidy blabbering about how hot that guy was, I was tired. I made some homework when someone knocked on my door.
''Yes.'' I said.
The door opened and I saw Josh's face peeking from behind the door.
Why dear god..
I sighed loudly and lowered my head.
''Heyyy favorite girl!'' Josh said while sitting on my bed opposite of me.
''What do you want Josh?'' I said weary while rising my head to look at him.
''Can't I hop by my sweet and beautiful neighbor?'' He said while grinning widely.
I knew Josh has a crush on me. He probably doesn't know that I know.
He is a very sweet guy, a little annoying and very smart.
It's just, I can't see myself dating him. He is just a good friend.
He is shorter than me and that's really short, he is very skinny and not the most handsome guy ever. But it's just that his personality and norms and values don't match mine.
''So, how are you doing?'' Josh said smiling at me.
I stayed silent for a minute and then shrugged. ''Fine, how are you?'' I asked not really wanted to know how he was.
''Glad you asked! Well, I have downloaded a new game on my pc. Blade and soul, you know it?'' 
I shook my head in full despair.
''Well,'' He began and I know where this was going.

When Josh was finally done telling his game story, I heard Josine saying through the door that she wanted me to meet someone.
''Sorry Josh, I have to go. We'll catch up later.'' I said while I clean up my desk quickly and then rushed downstairs without even turning my back.
In the kitchen, I heard some voices and then Josine laughing.
I greeted her and then I saw a man standing next to her.
He was tall, slim but not that slim that he was too skinny, he had dark brownish messy hair and beautiful dark brown almost black eyes. Fair enough to say that he was handsome and hot. 
We shook each other hands and that's when I realized I've seen this guy before.
Earlier today as a matter of fact. He was the one Casidy was pointing at when we almost missed our bus. What is he doing here? Wait till I tell Casidy about this hahaha.''Hello, my name is Dion, I'm a friend of your father.'' He said with a deep and manly voice. 
"He isn't my father but alright, I'm Kayla, nice to meet you.'' I said a little bit nervous. 
He looked a little bit suprise at me and I realized that I probably sounded very rude. 
''I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound so rude.'' I said quickly. 
''She is just tired!'' Josine said while shooting me a murderous gaze.
Wait, what kind of business has he have with Mark? I bet this dude is around his early twenties and Mark is around his early fourties. 
''You're probably wondering what a young man has to do with an old man right?'' He suddenly said and took me by surprise.
''W-what? No..I..I'' I stammered. 
"It's okay, I can tell by your looks.'' He said while chuckling.
''It's all human nature!'' Josine interrerferd awkwardly.
A moment of silence.
''Want something to drink darling?'' Josine said to me.
I nod. ''A glass of cola please.''
When my mother disappeared in the kitchen, it was even more awkward.
''So which school do you go?'' Dion began. 
''Westlead College.'' I replied and see how his face lighten up.
''Really? That's amazing! I used to go there, awesome school isn't it? I learned so much there.'' He said while basically shinning. 
''I guess so...I saw you today, if you are not a new teacher there then what did you do there?'' I asked bluntly.
He smiled. ''I was looking around, but nobody I knew was there. Too bad for me.'' He said sad.
Why does he look so sad? Was the school that important to him?
''Ah, indeed too bad.'' I said, not knowing what to say and just I played with my hair.
At that exact moment, Josine came back with a glass of cola in a pretty glass decorated with pink little hearts and handed it over to me.
''Thank you.'' I said while gulping down my cola in one sip.
From the corner of my eye, I see Dion staring at me.
I feel uncomfortable.
''Woah, easy dear.'' Josine laughs and then smiles to Dion clearly sensing the awkwardness. 
''I-I gotta finish my homework.'' I stammered and wanted to slap myself in the face.
Josine nodded and Dion reaches out his hand. I grabbed his hand.
''It was nice meeting you Kayla.'' He said while looking intense.
The hell, why am I getting nervous about a casual look?
''Yeah, nice meeting you too.'' I said and quickly ran upstairs.
''Let me show you the garden.'' I hear Josine saying before entering my room.
When I closed the door I notice that Josh was already gone.
Thank goodness.




















© 2017 Ai Michiko


Author's Note

Ai Michiko
pls ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on November 12, 2017
Last Updated on November 18, 2017


Author

Ai Michiko
Ai Michiko

Netherlands



Writing
Meeting Meeting

A Chapter by Ai Michiko


Important Important

A Chapter by Ai Michiko