Sidewalk Lovers

Sidewalk Lovers

A Poem by Sidewalk
"

Walking home.

"

 

my pavement rattled teeth

are biting down 

on hand swept streets

 

 

sidewalk lovers kiss

in alleyways 

where drunkards piss

 

 

streetlights linger with dawn

as we both  

stumble along

 

 

music lingers on lips

like whiskey

and stale cigarettes

 

 

and

I’ll have you 

if you do the same

 

so at least

we’ll sleep through the day

 

 

© 2009 Sidewalk


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was all so wonderfully put and your descriptions had me filled with something I cannot describe. I loved so many specific lines in this piece, good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


great write

Posted 14 Years Ago


I personally enjoyed the first stanza. I swear I can feel my teeth breaking...

ha.

Good write. : )

Posted 14 Years Ago


Making a drunken walk home poetic is quite an accomplishment, so I'm very immpressed by such a feat being pulled off here. Everything seems to be stumbling in this world you've created, sidewalk lovers obviously didn't intend to be next to pissing drunkards, they just happened to stumble into that alley. Good read, good verse, I hope I was of assistance, and thanks for writing something worth reading.

Posted 14 Years Ago


when i was writing this, I pictured the protagonist stumbling through the bar district of town with his companion. the first stanza was supposed to set the mood of the night, basically he's tripped and smashed his mouth on the curb in a drunken stupor. From the feedback I'm getting, it seems like I'm not conveying this? Thanks for the input, I can see why I should leave the first bit out.


Posted 14 Years Ago


loved this. i agree that the first line seems unnecessary. maybe even a tad off-subject. but as a whole this is very good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Not crazy about the first stanza but the rest of this little b***h makes me hum. It's a muscular poem with all the piss and vinegar of puberty. Love it -- really do.

Eric

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice work, So I'm guess you've had experience as street life? Or did i get that wrong?

=D

Posted 14 Years Ago


i love the 1st & "music lingers on lips" stanzas & the line "I'll have you if you do the same". you have a way with words & definately a unique style. keep writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2009
Last Updated on August 30, 2009


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Period Period

A Poem by Legion


And again. And again.

A Poem by zaney


2009 2009

A Poem by Bruce