Vivid Memories Walk Over My Mind.

Vivid Memories Walk Over My Mind.

A Poem by Siena - Silent Awakenings.
"

A mother and a child with a violent past... as they try to start over by moving house.

"
And as we are going...
I can see it in your eyes, its hard to take.
You're stricken, cold and in pain.
But can still see through the stains that we've left here, you're strong.

Our windows shutout memories, and our doors pros-phone interruptions.
Our curtains alienate daylight and our milkshakes makers?.. diminish eruptions.

As we go...
I encourage you that what we are doing is right!
"There is no future in us being here, no true meaning, nor delight."
You stand infront of me, cold and rigid. I guess you didn't think it would have come so soon.
"Darling? The day is here, we need to make a move."

The walls have ears and the carpet sneers.
Our once shiny TV, now dumped in the street for everyone to see. 
It was once ours; this house. It once was 'ours'. 

We go...
Walked through the bedroom and down the stairs... then see how the cupboards glare as they ask: 'Why are we bare?'
Pictures that were once on hooks, are slammed into books.
Draws which were once stocked, are bare and now locked.

Gone...
"It was the best we could do."
We'll find somewhere new, where bad memories don't hang around, if anything... they'll find common ground.

© 2012 Siena - Silent Awakenings.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well done! I like this...it is a sad walk through of their lives. We know how it was, how the mother is attempting to console and ease the child through the difficulty of leaving, and finally how the mother describes moving toward a better place.
..."they'll find common ground"...I truly believe that everyone, eventually, finds where they belong.

"And as we are going...
I can see it in your eyes, its hard to take.
You're stricken, cold and in pain.
But can still see through the stains that we've left here, you're strong."

...The imagery you created here, the childs eye...very well done! What a perfect way to start such a poem!! Keep writing!!





Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A powerful poem with a scary story inside the words. Violence is hard to fight against. Sometime escape is the only way. I like the flow of thoughts and the strong ending. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Superb. A hauntingly lovely read. Pictures were playing in my mind like a movie, as I was reading every line. I just loved this piece. Beautiful job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Greatly done. I love the feeling these words brought to me. The bitterness and sweetness of living and starting a new life all over. Love it. Keep up the good work.
Phedorah

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this one a lot. Same thing, you could edit it a little, but its a good strong poem. I like the structure, very unique and its makes the statements ring loud drawing attention to it. Very nice

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Strong emotions here, and an interesting format. Pulled me in. Beautifully done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Survival often means making sacrifices, sometimes you must take one step back before proceeding two steps forward. I love the format, it adds to the power of the wording.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice description for every part , It's great overall ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's absolutely brilliant, well done. My favourite stanza is 'we go...', especially when the cupboards are asking why they are bare. So beautifully written, with a strong message behind it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

690 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 31, 2011
Last Updated on May 29, 2012
Tags: Houses, Choice, Relationship

Author

Siena - Silent Awakenings.
Siena - Silent Awakenings.

United Kingdom



About
Siena / 25 / England I adore Writing. Please check out my contest winners, they are all so great: http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/Show-me-the-determination.-/14590/ http://www.writersca.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by Tasha