To Save His Queen

To Save His Queen

A Chapter by SilverInk

It was exactly 8:30 when the doorbell rang.
Carli, knowing who it was, opened the door. “I thought I told you I wasn’t having a party.”

Kylian leaned forward, close to Carli’s face. “Is it really a party if I’m the only one here?”

Carli gave him a playful shove. “I can make anything a party.”

“Oh really? Because eating chips and watching bad anime doesn’t sound too much like a party.”

He closed the front door behind him, and sat on the nearest chair, in the living room. “So, Carolina, what terrible anime shall we view today?”

“Carolina?”

“Well, that’s your name, isn’t it?”

Strangely, she didn’t mind when he called her that. The way he pronounced it like the state instead of the Latin name.  The way it should be. “I guess so. But no one else does.”

“What makes you think I’m like everyone else?’ Kylian, who was usually goofy and lighthearted had never said anything so sincere.

There was a moment of silence that hung in the air.

Date A Live it is. Dub or sub?” he said, filling the silence.

“Sub.”

“Why do you insist on sub? I don’t want to have to read while trying to enjoy trashy anime.”

“Well, what happens in dub is that…”

“Fine.”

They laughed  for the rest of the night.



© 2017 SilverInk


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on December 22, 2017
Last Updated on December 22, 2017


Author

SilverInk
SilverInk

New York, NY



About
This account is no longer active. more..

Writing
My Guest My Guest

A Poem by SilverInk