The True American History

The True American History

A Poem by Storyofthesilence
"

Inspired by my experience in the pride we are supposed to have in our country.

"
How long are we going to pretend? How long are we going to bend the knee to attrocity?! Do you not see the blood that's spilled constantly?! I see it every f*****g day! People who aren't allowed a say. Parents in dismay as some a*****e offers to pray. The day this country thinks, will be the day it sinks. Poor some more drinks for the poor people you spit on. Or the mother made w***e who has to wonder if she will live on. The country that forced her to have spawn, looks down upon her cry for help. With every childs yelp at the end of a gun, you are just glad it's not your son. The sun shines tomorrow as the streets gleam crimson sorrow. Bravo to our America. Hollow and violent, subjugated and silent. The "good ole days" never went, because they never came. Everything is still the same. Never really free, just full of shame at the true American history.

© 2022 Storyofthesilence


Author's Note

Storyofthesilence
I write these in the moment I think of them. If the grammar isn't the best, that is why.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your grammar is much better than most who shoot from the cuff, I can find no fault. An emotional write that reads very honestly.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
1 Review
Added on July 18, 2022
Last Updated on July 18, 2022

Author

Storyofthesilence
Storyofthesilence

Broomfield, CO



About
I grew up destroying myself for others. Being isolated and hated by my surroundings I had to learn to find a voice completely on my own. Through writing poetry and watching an anime called Gintama I l.. more..

Writing