Drowning In The Day

Drowning In The Day

A Poem by Storyofthesilence

In a crowd full of red, in a past filled with dread, my nightmares remain beside my bed. When everyone else has fled, they stain my day with the pain of solitude. No light or pleasant mood. Just the footsteps of blight, and my plight hollowing everything. Nothing remains in the everlasting night. No sun to light your way when you were always out of sight. "It's useless to run, or have fun. Everyone left you hear, to sit in fear. So bite the nail and avenge your betrayal." The nagging pain turns my heart pale. The past spent too long nagging and the love is stale. No one to tell my tale on this ship. I swear I was having a whale of a time, but they were all swept away by the chime of self interest. I so badly want to rest, but it won't let me. This one man ship is a test. I just want to give it a slip, and let the waves take what's left. No more crying, or lying, just the feeling of drowning that always covers the day.

© 2022 Storyofthesilence


Author's Note

Storyofthesilence
Please disregard and grammar issues, for I write these in the moment I think of them

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on July 18, 2022
Last Updated on July 18, 2022
Tags: Mental health

Author

Storyofthesilence
Storyofthesilence

Broomfield, CO



About
I grew up destroying myself for others. Being isolated and hated by my surroundings I had to learn to find a voice completely on my own. Through writing poetry and watching an anime called Gintama I l.. more..

Writing