Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kiley <3

“Tell me!” Jenny says urgently.
    “I. uhh-I'm.. not sure. It's something important.”
    Jenny goes on for minutes trying to jog my mind into remembering. I haven't been listening though. I'm too lost in my own thoughts.
    When she is in the middle of something about school and thats boy that sits behind me I interrupt and silently shout, “I think I got it!”
    “Really? Was I right?”
    “No, Jen. What number husband is my mother on now?” I ask impatiently.
    “I think she just ended number 12.” Wow that's a big number right? Not for my mother. Just wait.
    “Well here comes number 13. Are you ready Jenny?” I say sarcastically.
    “Oh great, Mel. Let's just add another to the equation.” Jenny says annoyed now. She knows that I know she will help me through this.
    I say, “Here he comes now.” Peering out the window. Jenny looks in the direction of the door when a loud knock occurs. She smiles, then hops off the chair and skips to the door. Jenny politely opens the door and greets the tall man and starts to question why he has arrived. Even though we both know why.
    “Is Mrs. Carron here?” The man has a dark, rough voice and looks down at us. He stands like a tower high above us and looks as if he hasn't shaved in months. His skin is dark which makes his bright silver suit with a purple striped tie stand out extremely. We both exchange glances and then softly speak, “No.”
    “May I leave a message with you?” He asks.
    I ponder. Wondering if this is a good idea. Wondering if I should give him a chance to be the special someone and not turn out to be another wrong million. What seems like hours of deciphering  is only seconds when I come to a conclusion to tell him that he may leave a message.
    He strongly states that my mother must call him with this number and blah, blah, blah that I wasn't paying attention to. Soon enough he steps back and turns as Jenny slams the door. She smile again and then starts to laugh.
    “I can't believe that's the next husband. He seems so strange.” Jenny says while still laughing vigorously.
    “I don't like him at all.” I am very choosy when it comes to men or boys.
    Jenny doesn't look at me any different when she says, “Well I thought he was alright and everything, it was just that he is so tall and acts very serious. It doesn't seem like your mothers type.”
    I state, “My mother simply doesn't have a type. Her type is breathing, tall, rich men that only stay for a short time.”



© 2009 Kiley <3


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on November 9, 2009


Author

Kiley &lt;3
Kiley <3

madison, ME



About
My name is Kiley Ann Plourde Madison is where i go to school i am turning 14 on march 24 in the year of 2010 Trisha is my best friend along with Toni and Gretchen. Robby is the one thats always t.. more..

Writing
Again.. Again..

A Book by Kiley <3


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Kiley <3


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Kiley <3