Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by Sinbulvinter
"

Frey's a creepy stalker who has some issues, Rema's not the woman you wanna put your hands on, and the cat's finally out of the damn bag.

"

Warning: Does contain some very triggering subjects, including a pretty graphic scene of self-harm with a bit of suicidal idealation, and a brief scene of attempted rape.  Also contains mild violence which leads to murder, blood/gore, descriptions of child abuse, implied kidnapping, and domestic violence.  Also has some topics that may be a bit intense, upsetting, or disturbing for readers.



-Frey-


For the four days, I had been following Rema every day when she leaves for work, and everyday when she walks home.  I was trying to figure out why I couldn’t kill her, what made her so different.  It had to be something, something that drew me to her and something that made me spare her.


She seemed pretty normal on the surface.  Worked every weekday from 8am to 6pm and ate at a fast food joint for her lunch break every day.  She shopped at a discount grocery store, and bought a pint of whiskey or vodka every night and drank the whole walk home.   She didn’t seem to have any friends besides her roommate and a younger guy she had only seen a few times in the last four days.  She also seemed pretty lonely and depressed, and on her lunch break would cry by the backdoor as she smoked, making sure no one was around before she began.


I waited outside her work in the alley, it was almost six ‘o clock and she’d be getting off soon.  I figured I’d follow her again, maybe talk to her if I felt like it.  I knew there was something strange about her, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.


I was tired, and hadn’t slept in five days - hadn’t eaten in two.  The Monster wouldn’t let me and whenever I slept, I had vivid dreams of the basement and the horrors that were there.  Dreams of how I got all the scars that cover my body.  Dreams of him finally finding me…


I sliced into my arm to keep myself awake, cutting deep enough to bleed heavily, but not enough to do any serious damage.  It gave me a rush every time I cut into the skin.  I liked watching the blood drip down my arm and puddle on the ground between my legs where I sat.  It reminded me I was alive, reminded me I was really here and it wasn’t a dream.


I wondered what it’d be like to cut through a vein.  A part of me wanted to cut until I bled out, until everything was finally over and the curtains finally closed on this miserable sideshow I called a life.  I wanted to just f*****g die so bad sometimes, it was so attempting to dig that blade a little deeper and sleep forever instead of just slashing lightly to stay awake.


I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard struggling behind the bar and I pulled down my sleeve.  I stood and peered around the corner, surprised at what I saw.


Rema was outside, pinned against the wall by a drunken and large man who was running his hands all over her small and thin body.  She struggled half-heartedly, her eyes wet with unshed tears.


The monster told me to watch… and wait.


“Don’t.” Rema whispered, but her plea fell on deaf ears.  The man only used more force the more she struggled. “Please, don’t make me do this… Not again.”


“Shut up and be good, and I might not hurt you.” He growled into her ear, just loud enough for me to hear as he pushed his hand up her shirt.


Something in her eyes changed and darkened.  The spark left them and suddenly her expression went blank.  In one swift move, she smashed his head against the brick.  The sound echoed and she repeated the motion, again and again.


His body crumbled to the ground and Rema stood tall, her eyes completely empty as she looked at his bloody and dismembered face.  He was dead…


I watched her figure shrink and she covered her mouth, tears beginning to fall as she stared down at the corpse.  She glanced around and saw me standing by the corner, and I didn’t even bother trying to hide.


“S**t…” She said, her voice thick with emotion. “It… It isn’t what it looks like.”


I smirked… I get it now… I get it.


“Yeah, it is… You just killed the man.”  I walked towards the scene, admiring the beauty and art in the murder.  He deserved it, that’s for sure.


“I… I had to! It was self defense! Please, don’t tell! I-” She was in a panic, her words running together as more tears flooded her face.


“Don’t worry… I wouldn’t tell…” I smirked, watching her face twist in confusion.


“What?”


“I do it too…”



-Rema-


He bent down and looked at the body closely, but my mind still couldn’t get fully process what he said.   He saw me kill a man, bash his head into the wall until it was nothing but blood and meat, and he didn’t run or call the police… He… He told me he did it too…


“You’re strong for a little girl.” Frey chuckled, that crooked smirk still on his face.


“What do you mean, you do it too?” I asked slowly.


“I kill people… Just like you…” He glanced up at me, a strange and unsettling look in his eyes.


“I… I don’t want to… I… Hate myself for it…”


“Don’t.” He said, standing up, “Humans are f*****g useless anyway.”


He had no feeling.  He didn’t even care a man was murdered… He… he seemed to approve of it.  What the hell was wrong with this guy?


“Well, you better leave the scene…”


I shook my head, grabbing my phone.


“Who the f**k you callin’?”


“Zekk.” I told him, “He helps me with the… Mess.”


Frey chuckled, lighting up a cig.  He had blood on his hands, coming from under his sleeve.


I hung up quickly and just set a text as soon as I saw the blood.  “You’re bleeding?”


“Eh?” He glanced down to where I was pointing, and pulled up his sleeve. His arm was littered with cuts and covered in blood. “Oh, yeah. Just was trying to stay awake.  Can’t go to sleep.” It was casual to him, like nothing out of the ordinary.


I grabbed his arm, looking at the wounds.  He cut himself deep and repeatedly, and it looked like he lost a lot of blood. “Goddamn, Frey… You just got shot and attacked only a week ago and now you’re cutting yourself?”


“It isn’t a big deal.” He pulled his arm away and went about smoking.


“Why would you do that?”


“I told you, I don’t wanna sleep... “


“Nightmares?”


He nodded.


My phone vibrated when Zekk texted me back, saying he’d be there in a few moments.  I quickly grabbed Frey by the upper arm and started yanking him down the street.


“Where you takin’ me?” He shouted, yanking his arm away.


“You’re bleeding all over the place, I’mma fix up your arm, genius.” I told him, “Com’on.”



He followed me back to my apartment, and I cleaned and bandaged the cuts on his arm, as well as checked on the wound on his leg - which was healing, but I could tell he wasn’t getting enough rest and stressing it.


“You shouldn’t cut yourself.” I told him as I handed him a protein bar and a glass of water.


“Why not?” He muttered, “I’m not gonna die, and if I did it wouldn’t matter much.”


“You really think extremely low of yourself, don’t you?” I frowned, sitting beside him and watching as he flinched and edged further down the sofa.


“No reason to think highly… I’m a f*****g useless piece of s**t murderer, always been, probably always will be.” He shrugged, his voice still that laid back and almost sarcastic tone.


“Where’d you get that idea?” I asked.


He glared at me for a minute, his expression showing anger like I touched something I shouldn’t have. “Pretty much got beaten over the head with it daily.” His voice was tight, through clenched teeth.


“You were abused?  Is that why you do what you do?” I felt a shot of sorrow for him to my gut, but he just laughed.


“Nah, I mean, the guy beat the daylights out of me a lot, but I don’t kill because I got beat.  I was raised to kill.  He murdered people, and taught me how…” He explained, like it was the most normal thing in the world. “It’s familiar to me.  I’m really not good at nothin’ else.”


“Who?” He said before he didn’t remember his family or anything before Ten, yet he was raised as a killer?


“I don’t know his name… But he had me in a basement since I was a kid. Don’t remember nothing before that.”


“So, you were like… Kidnapped?”


He shrugged. “I guess.  Don’t know.  He told me a lot of different stories of how he got me.”


“And he taught you how to kill people?”


He nodded, leaning forward as he grabbed a smoke. “More or Less.  He killed people in front of me, and showed me how to do it.  He’d get real pissed if I made a mistake or refused, yeah I’d get real bad if I refused… He basically taught me to be the way I am. Taught me human lives were worthless and it was our job to weed them out.” He acted so casual about it.


“He hurt you if you didn’t kill someone?”


It was hard to process, hard to believe… But I’d seen the scars to prove it. I could see them now on his face.  No wonder he’s heartless and doesn’t care about anything…. All he’s known is pain and murder… what a horrible thing for a kid to go through.


“He’d beat the s**t out of me if I fucked up even in the tiniest bit… I fucked up a lot, as you can tell.” Somehow, he smirked at this.  He was completely detached from what was done to him… Like it didn’t even affect him… Or at least he pretended it didn’t.


“That’s… Awful…”


“It’s fine.  I bashed his head in one day and escaped, hitchhiked around until I found my way here.  Don’t know how to read or get a job or even have a life, but at least I’m free.”  He leaned back, “why do you kill?”


“It started with my husband… He was… Violent… Kinda like the man who raised you.  He drank and had a very quick temper.  he was sweet for the first year or so, but then he started showing who he really was.  He hit me for the smallest thing, made me walk on eggshells around him, wouldn’t let me talk to my friends or family, forced himself on me… He told me no one would ever love me but him and trapped me in this relationship with him…”


“So you murdered the a*****e?”


I nodded, “I couldn’t take it anymore and one day… I just… Snapped… Killed him while he slept.  Once that happened, I got paranoid around men and couldn’t stop…” I told him. “Had flashbacks whenever a guy touched me, even if he wasn’t trying to hurt me…”


He just looked at me, with a blank expression.


“I don’t want to… I just can’t control it.”


“He deserved it.” Frey said, “Sounds like a dick.”


“I could have found a different way.  Left him… Went to the police… A friend.. Someone…  I didn’t have to kill him.”


“If you didn’t kill him, you’d be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life… Believe me, I know… Anyday The Man could find me… I’m free, but never really free.” For a moment, his eyes flashed a few emotions, so brief I couldn’t read them.  But for a moment, he seemed human.


“You didn’t kill him?”


“Couldn’t bring myself to… Dunno why.”


It came as a shock to me.  He, of all people, didn’t seem like the type to spare anyone… Especially someone who treated him so badly… I can understand what he’s saying, and I get his message… If my husband was still alive, and out there somewhere trying to find me… I think I’d lose my mind.


“Frey…?” I asked slowly, “Do you want to stay here… With me?”



© 2017 Sinbulvinter


Author's Note

Sinbulvinter
Okayyy! A lot to digest here...
First of all, They both finally know they're both both killers. Yayy!(?) Sorry it took eight fucking chapters.
Secondly, a lot of people were wondering about Frey's past - Well there ya go, he was kidnapped, trained to kill people, and got the fuck beaten out of him as a kid... And Frey isn't even his real name! Oh, that's just the tip of the iceburg with Frey, his back story's all sorts of fucked up.
Rema's backstory's explained fully now, also.
Annnnddd, Rema wants Frey to stay with her! 'Cause she's just such a nice little murderer!
IT'S A SERIAL KILLER PARTY!!!!

Multi chapter story, read previous, blah blah.

Any reviews, comments, and feedback is very loved and always makes my day! As well as motivates me to write more and rapid upload! XD
Give me your thoughts, advice, critisms, likes! Whatever! I only thrive to improve!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter! They finally know that they both kill, yay! I feel something coming with "The Man" oooo

Posted 6 Years Ago


Kesha

6 Years Ago

Woohoo I'm excited lol
Sinbulvinter

6 Years Ago

Yeah, it's certainly something when he does show up. I go way overboard lol
Kesha

6 Years Ago

Lol that's perfectly okay :P
Aloha, that was quite intense. Now that they have shown their hand it's going to get pretty bloody I would say.
I like how we are seeing more layers being revealed. The opening of the chapter was very well done and quite chilling. I don't think I really bought Rema being so frantic about the murder however deserved it was. It seemed like she reacted like that no doubt in a more exaggerated way because of Frey.
Another really good chapter a lot left to be revealed. Izzy



Posted 7 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing. I'm glad you liked it.
Yeah, Rema didn't really feel as bad as she put.. read more
This is where the killing tandem starts.

Leaving a lot to know about Frey is a good idea. Rema is not that much interesting for me in the first place anyway lol. Maybe I am starting to like Fey haha. I liked how you put emotions on Frey now. He's human. Thank God. :D

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Yeah, a bit of Frey is starting to be found out, but he's still a mysterious little b*****d at this .. read more
I think this was the first chapter while reading your book that I felt the adrenaline rush in me lol :p

The self harm part is what I completely understand, there I totally got how Frey was feeling, having dabbled in self harm myself...

You started out with this creepy stalking thing which was interesting to read and then that sudden Rema killing the guy, that was actually cool although you didn't get much into detailing the murder but still a good vivid imagination.

So we finally have both the killers having to know each other and her I am thinking maybe they'll be killing together from now ;P

I liked the totally empty and hollow expression of Frey when he was explaining his past in contrast to the panicky Rema one. Oh, and it was nice to finally know why Frey is the way he is.
Another question which comes in my mind is that maybe "The Man" will make an entry too somewhere later in the chapters but idk ;P

Your author's note made me laugh haha a serial killer party it will be I guess :P

Out of all the 8 I've read, this one has to be my favourite :)))

Posted 7 Years Ago


Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Grrr you sound like Frey here hahah😂😛
Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Yeah, I think he's rubbing off on me.
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Haha you're funny 😛😛
Liked how you started this. I have to admit that I didn't see the the beginning of it starting like it did. But then again, isnt that the wickeldy fun part about serial killers - you dontknow what they are going to do next. So, we then get a glimspe of Fresy past - the basement......interesting. I really like the scene which you painted of Frey watching on and the monster in his head saying for him not to do anything was intresting. It was as if he knew that Rema would handle herself and was waiting to watch it happen. You could almost feel him get a kick out of watching too and even though you didnt say it, you could also fee that Frey was satisfied at the end result. Rema is alomst like a happy go lucky kind of murderer - Act first, think later type of person.

Rema.
At first she panics but its almost as if its an uncaring panic. I mena 'yes' she is concerned BUT its almost as if its a Fake kind of panic. Her only real concern was seeing Freys reaction and would he tell or not. This Zekk person is getting more interesting and I am getting more intrigued by him as to why he wants to help Rema - does Rema hold something over him tomake him do this? how did these 2 meet in the first place? - Zekk is an interesting angle and I haven't seen it done before. Its still find it a fascinating relationship Frey and Rema have formed. The reason - Rema snaps at trouble BUT yet she knows that Frey IS trouble BUT yet she brings him to her place to patch him up. Read between the lines and there is a hell of a lot more going on than meets the eye. I could go on BUT I would be here all day - But I am sure you know what I am trying to say. So then we learn that Rema was abused by here husband and get more of an understanding of why she snaps so quickly. So when this was mentioned I immmediately though of this - Frey snaps at anything, and the 'monster' in his head tells him to do so - so I think Rema better watch her back BUT then again ANYTHING can happen......I smell blood.

A GREAT thought provoker of a chapter. I has given me lots to think about and my mind is whirling.

That Zekk person though is still bugging the hell out of me.
Another great chapter.
Flowed nicely, keep it up.

Mark



Posted 7 Years Ago


matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Its always my pleasure to have read these chapters. There is a lot going on underneath the main part.. read more
Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Haha, yes it is a very busy story and that's kind of what I went for
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Keep doing it and i will keep reading it.

Mark.
I hope he stay....Maybe they could balance each other out. Awesome chapters! Cant wait until you upload more!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Well, I'm extremely interested and borderline obsessed with Serial Killers and slasher films, I'm al.. read more
Oneluv

7 Years Ago

Very interesting, I love the story line and I can tell that you are passionate at your work. Keep it.. read more
Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Well, I've been writing for half my life - so it's like a part of me by now. haha.
Thanks aga.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

359 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2017
Last Updated on April 19, 2017
Tags: serial killers, murder, horror, thriller, psychological, hurt/comfort, dark themes, suicidal idealation, PTSD


Author

Sinbulvinter
Sinbulvinter

Ephrata, PA



About
I am a Twenty-Five year old Writer and Mother of a Two Year Old Daughter and pregnant with a little boy on the way! I am a shaman, too empathetic for my own good, and a Major Horror Junkie who is obs.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter Ten Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Sinbulvinter





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5