Chapter Twenty-Three (End)

Chapter Twenty-Three (End)

A Chapter by Sinbulvinter
"

The Ending of Volume One.

"
Warning: A bunch of the usual fucked up s**t, as well as some depressing s**t.  I am not giving clear warnings, or I will spoil it!
This is the Final Chapter for this Volume.  So, I ain't spoilin' nothing!


-Frey-


I paced outside the bedroom door for about a half an hour, listening to Rema cry before I groaned and opened the door.


She jumped and flinched away, like she was afraid I’d hurt her.  “I’m sorry, Frey.” She said quietly.  She wouldn’t look me in the eye.


I sat down beside her, “It’s okay, I understand… The Monster don’t though… It really wanted to kill ya…” I looked at the red mark on her cheek, “Sorry I hit you.”


“It’s okay, I get it…  So… Do you hate me?” She asked, sniffing.


I shook my head, “Nah, not me.”


“The Monster does, though?”


I sighed, “Well… Yeah…”


She started crying again.


“The Monster isn’t me.  I know ya think it’s some weird part of me, but it ain’t.  So I don’t hate you.” I told her, searching for her eyes.


“Frey…” She looked up, a strange expression on her face.  She chewed on her lip as she tried to think of something to say, but couldn't.


I knew she wouldn't ever believe me... She just wanted to believe I was just crazy, and it was all my imagination... But I knew it wasn't.


She whimpered a bit, wiping her eyes. “I’m sorry I hit you… I was angry, and I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.  I’m so sorry.”


“It isn’t a big deal.” I told her.  It wasn’t like I wasn’t used to it.  While it… gave me a pain in my chest when she hit me, even more than when she did it the first time - I couldn’t hate her for it.  She was just like me, hurt people when she felt angry or hurt on the inside.  Like always, I was just at the wrong place and the wrong time.


But I knew the Monster didn’t understand, and I was losing control of it too quickly.  I worried it’d kill her… I worried I would lose myself completely to it.



When we stepped out of the bedroom, we found Kacia sitting in the living room.  She had a plastic bag sitting next to her and was typing on her phone.  She looked up when we came out, and her eyes narrowed then she quickly looked back down at the phone.  She typed a bit more, then turned off the phone and tucked it into her pocket.


She held up the plastic bag, her eyebrows raising at Rema. “Why’s there blood all over your clothes?” She questioned. “Between yours and your freak friend, there’s a lot of blood in this apartment.”


The bag had clothes in it, clothes I guessed were Rema’s… I could see the blood gathering in the plastic bag - still wet.


Rema paused, glancing at me for a moment and swallowing, “Why were you going through my laundry?”


“You didn’t answer the question.” She said in sing-song, and my blood began to boil already.


“It ain’t none of your business.” I snapped at her.


“Stay out of it, Scars, I’m not asking you.”


“You wanna call me that again?” I lowered my voice, my fists clenching at my side.  The shaking started, and I wasn’t sure if I would be able to stop myself any longer.


“I think I figured it out, Rema…” Kacia stood, opening a bottle of pills and popping a few, holding her finger up for dramatic purposes while she washed it down. “You’re both killers.”


I looked over at Rema, seeing the shock come over her face.  She couldn’t even make a sound.


“The blood on your clothes, the sneaky s**t you guys do, how you guys both used to disappear for hours before and come back all acting all weird.  Then just the way you both look like you’re hiding something.  I found the bloody clothes, the collection of knives you guys have… I think I know how it all started too, At least for you.” She pointed at Rema, her chin high as she spoke.


“You’re crazy, Kacia, I don’t know where you come up with this stuff.” Rema tried, her voice wavering.


“I think I know what happened to your husband, how he disappeared,” She put air quotes around the word, a smirk on her face, “You killed him… And I get it, he was a dick. But then you didn’t wanna stop, you liked it or some s**t or felt like you had to.  You became addicted to it just like I got addicted to drugs, that’s why you’re so pissy about me using.” She patted her chin with her finger, as if she was thinking. “I think I figured it all out, and I know how you started…  Scars over here, he’s probably just got fucked when he was a kid a lot, probably smacked around everyday, and now he’s takes it out on others… Kinda like you, really.”


I snapped at that comment, rushing forward and grabbing her by the throat.  I stared into her eyes as they widened, the air caught in her lungs as she clawed at my hand.  I was happy to see that bitchy smirk off her f*****g face.


I threw her to the floor, reaching for my knife in my back pocket when Rema grabbed me and shoved me into the hall closet, locking me in.


I banged at the door, fueled by my Monster.  All I wanted, and all The Monster wanted, was to rip that girl to shreds.


-


-Rema-


Frey pounded on the door, yelling to be let out so he could kill her.  Again, his accent had disappeared and I knew it was The Monster in the closet, not Frey.


Kacia pulled herself off the floor, grabbing her phone out of her pocket.


“Kacia, stop! Don’t!” I pleaded, trying to fight the phone out of her hands.  


She kicked me in the stomach and I fell backwards onto the floor while she tried to unlock her phone with tears running down her cheeks.  I quickly jumped on top of her, getting kicked and hit while I tried to yank the phone out of her hands again.


“Get off me! You’re insane! You’re both f*****g murderers!” She was screaming so loud it hurt my ears.


I yanked the phone out of her hand and threw it across the room, trying to pin her down while she struggled. “Just stop! Okay, please! Don’t tell on us, you don’t understand!”


“F**k you, psycho b***h!” She kneed me in the stomach, gaining an opening to drive her fist into my chin and knock me off her.  


I hit the floor hard, seeing stars as I tried to shake awareness into myself.  I looked over and saw Kacia grab the phone, quickly dialing after she unlocked it.


“Help me! Help!” She screamed into it and I jumped on her, trying to get the phone again or at least hang it up.  I saw three large numbers on the screen and I panicked.


“Shut up!” I screamed as she cried into the speaker. “Shut up!” I smacked her head on the ground, “Shut up!” I repeated the action again, and the phone fell from her hands. “Shut up! Shut up!” I kept screaming over and over, smashing her face on the floor as she kicked and bit and threw her weight around to try to buck me off her. “SHUT UP!”


With the last slam, her struggling stopped.  I saw blood under her head, pooling on the hardwood floor.  Her face was busted and bloody, a mask of crimson.  I quickly hung up the phone and checked her pulse, but she was gone.


I sat back on my knees, horror coming over my face.  I felt nothing but shock and confusion.  I had just murdered my roommate in cold blood, while she was on the phone with the police.


I quickly got to my feet and ran to the closet door, where Frey was still yelling and banging.  I opened the door and grabbed him by the arms, “We need to leave, now.”


His eyes widened as he looked past me at Kacia, “Whoa, you killed her! ‘bout time!” He was smiling… He was f*****g smiling!


“She called the cops!  We gotta go! Now!” I pulled him along with me, grabbing the bag of bloody clothes and shoving them into a duffle bag. “Grab anything you need.” I told him while I dug through the laundry, looking for Frey’s clothes from the other night that also had blood on them.  I couldn’t leave any proof of our sins, I wished I could get rid of Kacia’s body, but I knew I didn’t have the time.


“What are you doing?” Frey asked.


“Where are they!?” I screamed, throwing the clothes on the floors as I dug through the laundry.


“We don’t got time for this.” he went on, shifting back and forth on his heels.


He was right, Police response was fast in this area of the city.  They’d be here any minute.  My breath came out in gasps, and tears began welling up in my eyes.  I got up when I heard sirens, checking out the window to see several police cars outside our building. “F**k!”


“What?” Frey looked out through the blinds as well, “S**t, what do we do?”


I quickly locked the door, “I’m not going to prison.” I told him, pacing back and forth.


“I don’t wanna neither, but we’re trapped.  I doubt we can kill all of’em.”


I raked my hands through my hair, trying to think… come up with something, anything to avoid this.  I wouldn’t make it in prison, I wouldn’t last a day.  And Frey lived his entire life locked in a basement, prison would destroy him.


“We could... Just… Ya know...” Frey ran his finger across his neck to symbolize his meaning.


I stopped pacing and stared at him, my jaw dropping slightly.


“I’m just sayin’...” He added, shrugging.


“No… No, you’re right.  There’s no other way…” My tears finally started falling with the realization, “It’s… better this way, actually… We’d be free… It’d be over and we could come back and start everything all over again…” I felt numb, hollow inside… My head felt light, like I was high.


“You sure?” He tilted his head a bit, “I mean, I’ve wanted to die for years, so it’s a great idea for me… But you actually want to kill yourself?”


“There’s no other choice, Frey!  If we don’t, they’ll take us and put us away forever… I can’t make it in jail.  I can’t make it without you…”


“Yeah, and I’d probably not do so well, neither…” He smirked, “So… how you wanna do it?”


“Which way’s the quickest? because they’re coming…” I heard footsteps on the stairs, and my heart began to beat out of my chest.


“Well.. We don’t got a gun and trust me, cut wrists don’t usually work, so… Stab ourselves? Cut our throats?” He suggested. “From what I’ve seen, people die pretty quick when their throat is slit…”


I cringed at the thought, my stomach turning.  It felt surreal, like I was in a dream or just playing with the thought of suicide.  I didn’t want to die.  I wanted to live happy and normally… But I had no choice now.  I had lost any chance of happiness.  I had to accept it.  


The sound of banging on the door quickly shook my nervousness, though.


“We got a 911 call, open up!” a voice barked through the door and I quickly locked both locks and Frey and I ran into the back bedroom and locked that door, as well.


My heart pounded in my chest, my palms sweating as I dug through my purse for my knife.  The banging and yelling got louder and more violent, and I started shaking.


“Just quick, right across.” Frey instructed, he held his blade to his own throat and the sight made tears rise in my eyes.  All I ever wanted was to save him, but now I had to watch him die.


“Frey, I… You’ll find me in the next life, right?” I asked, my chest hurt.  My heart was beating so fast it was louder than the police trying to break the door down.


I could tell he didn’t understand what I mean, but he nodded anyway, “Sure… Yeah.” Frey answered, his eyes softening for a moment as he looked at me.  They reddened a bit, and the emotions began surfacing, but I couldn’t think straight enough to make any of them out.


I grabbed his hand, finally putting the blade to my own neck. “Promise me.”


“I promise.”


I kissed him, much to his surprise, and despite it making him visibly uncomfortable, he didn’t pull away. “I love you, Frey.”


“I love you too.” He whispered, he wouldn’t look me in the eye though.


“No, you don’t…” I smiled a bit through my tears, watching the pain come across his face, “But it’s okay.  I understand and I have enough love for the both of us.”


His lips twitched into a small smile, and I heard the front door be broken open.  I slid the blade across my neck, cutting deep into my throat and I felt the warm blood gush down from the wound.  I saw Frey do the same, and looked into his eyes the whole time to focus myself.


Blood filled my lungs, bubbled over my lips and all I could taste was copper and death in my mouth.  I fell to the floor, my eyes wanting so badly to slide shut while my lungs struggled to breathe.  The blood too thick for air to get passed. I gasped and choked, coughing as I let my eyes slide shut as I fell to my knees, and then down on the floor.  I felt Frey’s hand tighten around mine while the bedroom door was being busted through.


In the longest moment of my existence, I saw my life flash before my eyes.  Being a child, sitting in my room playing with my barbies while Mom and Dad screamed in the background.  A teenager, wanting so badly to fit it.  An adult, knowing I never would.  I remembered my husband, and the pain he brought me along with the relief I felt when he was finally dead.  I remembered Zekk, holding me late night after night, before I screwed everything up.  I remembered Kacia, and her drunken stumbles into the apartment, asking me for help to make her coffee.  I remembered meeting Frey on the bridge, finding him injured outside the bar, and getting to know him slowly over time.  I felt all the pain, fear, sadness, happiness, and love over the course of twenty-four years, all at once.  


All I wanted was to live.  To live with Frey and be happy.  I wanted to save him, and bring him happiness.  As I looked at him, I realized I fucked everything up.  If it weren’t for me, he wouldn’t be here.  If I had done things differently, we both may have never met this end.   When I first met Frey, If I had known the things I knew then while I laid on the floor bleeding out, I would have kept walking.  Maybe Frey would have been okay...


In that moment, I knew…  We’re going to die.

We are gonna f*****g die.



-Frey-


All I saw was bright lights and all I heard was loud noises echoing around me.  Voices, Sirens, Cars, Beeping.  It mashed together and blared into my brain, making my ears want to bleed and my head pound like my skull was being smashed.


Then, everything went black again and all the noise stopped.


I awoke in a hospital bed, handcuffed to the metal bar with an IV in my arm.  I sat up quickly, looking around to see all white walls, and a police officer sitting in a chair by the door.


“Lie back down!” He barked at me.


“Where the f**k is she?” I screamed back, yanking on the cuff around my right arm.


He stood up, his face straining and his jaw became clenched. “Lie back down, now.” His voice was tight and much more stern.


“Where is she?” I repeated.  My mind tried so hard to think about what happened, how I got here, where was she?


Suddenly, memories flashed before my eyes violently.  I saw the police out the window of her apartment, and I saw us discuss our suicide plan… I saw the knife in my hand… Then I saw Rema bleeding from her throat on the floor, a pool of crimson staining the carpet.


I was alive, though… So was Rema?


“Lie down, or I will f*****g lie you down.” He threatened.


To get my answer, I lied back down in the hospital bed.  My eyes shot daggers at him as I waited for him to answer my question.


“If you’re wondering about the girl who was in the room with you, she didn’t make it.” He told me, chewing on his lip. “You’re lucky you did.”


Lucky?  Sure, I’m f*****g lucky.  It’s more like God likes to royally f**k me at every chance he gets.  This feels like a sick joke.  All I ever wanted was to die, and I was finally ready to just f*****g do it and I couldn’t just f*****g die.  Now I lost everything.


The Monster laughed in my head.

Muttering that it had finally gotten rid of “that woman.”


© 2017 Sinbulvinter


Author's Note

Sinbulvinter
Well...
I did it...
I murderered Rema.
So now, all my characters from the first volume are dead aside from Frey (Because he's an unlucky bastard who just won't die, despite being the only suicidal character.) Zekk's dead, Kacia's Dead, The man is dead, and now Rema is dead. Like I say, I go full blown Robert Kirkman on my characters - There ya go, I killed one of my main characters...

Man, I'm joking about this and all, but I'm really sad I killed Rema. I had it planned throughout, but it was still very hard to do. I wanted to cry while I wrote it. I'm sorry, any Rema fans... She's dead and she ain't coming back... That's kinda why I made her weak, and a bit of a bitch in the last few chapters... So you guys don't get TOO upset.

This is the end of the First Volume. The Second volume I plan to begin posting soon, maybe in a few days - maybe a week. I dunno. I have to make sure I like the outline and finish up any final touches before I start actually posting the chapters I have written.
Volume Two will have Frey (of course), as well as several new characters - some being serial killers, of course.
I feel so proud of myself for actually finishing a book!!!

Reviews, Comments, Feedback of all types would make me sooooo happy. I'm really grateful for everyone who has read my story from beginning to end! I love you all! Few or many, my readers mean a lot to me!
Keep an eye out for Volume two!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I didn't think I'd be checking back in so soon, but damn you hooked me on this story lol. You definitely pushed boundaries in this volume and you forced the reader into an actually terrifying mindset. I found myself so immersed in the main characters that I almost forgot the true terror behind what they do and have done. To feel sympathy and want happiness for a serial killer, even for a second, isn't an experience I expected to have and I applaud you for pushing me out of my comfort zone with this story. There were moments that I pondered if the abuse Frey was going through was physically survivable, so the subtle hints towards a supernatural influence allowed for you to keep the plot progressing in an unpredictable way. I didn't expect Frey to make it to the last chapter, and I didn't expect Rema to end it so suddenly in the way she did. Famous serial killer stories such as Hannibal Lector portray extreme intelligence over pure strength, so seeing the opposite spectrum in this tale was truly enjoyable. I would love to see this story go through some editing and be transformed into a full length novel or screenplay. Thank you for sharing such a unique story among stale stereotypes in the genre, I'm sure I'll be checking back in to type super long reviews in Volumes two and three (sorry about that lol).

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

6 Years Ago

Wow! I really want to thank you for taking the time to actually read the entire volume in one day! .. read more
Deason

6 Years Ago

The amount that it takes to raise a story to the next level of production is pretty insane, best of .. read more
Ha! I knew it would be Rema who killed Kacia. Lol. Not too sad about Rema dying tho lol.. a nice ending to a wonderful book! Good job you finished a novel! I loved this so much 😊

Posted 6 Years Ago


Kesha

6 Years Ago

That's awesome, I love the mystery and surprises in your stories.

It isn't posted, ma.. read more
Sinbulvinter

6 Years Ago

I'm glad you like my stories so much, I hope you enjoy the second volume, it's only up to 4 chapters.. read more
Kesha

6 Years Ago

I'll probably read all 4 chapters in the morning at work 😊 lol.

I definitely will .. read more
This was amazing. Absolutely loved reading this. Had to keep reading, I needed to know what happened. Was a shock ending. Well done. Can't wait to read volume two.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lykos

6 Years Ago

When a book is an excellent read, it's difficult to put it down. It was a pleasure to read. I'll be .. read more
Sinbulvinter

6 Years Ago

well, I am very honored that you liked it so much. =) I've been very surprised and happy with the a.. read more
Lykos

6 Years Ago

I truly did. Positive feedback and well deserved. No course not, what we write doesnt define us :)
Aloha, I didn't expect it to go down like that, I did enjoy that shift in the story though. I did like Rema but was becoming increasingly frustrated with her. Both Rema and Kacia needed to go.
I am thinking how the hell are you going to write Frey out of police custody. This also has me thinking that maybe his true identity might be eventually revealed. I really enjoyed this from the get go! Strong writing, characters and plot. Looking forward to the next volume. Izzy

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

THanks so much for reading and reviewing through the whole first volume! That means so much to me.<.. read more
Well I'm sad but because of the way it happened lol I was so sure it was gonna be the Monster who did her but I got a surprise..

I didn't think of Kacia as being that smart to figure it all out but of course she had to die :p It was quite something how Rema did her while she was on the phone.

But I did have an inkling about Frey having ended up with the police. Makes me wonder how will he get out of being put in Jail. I guess this time it would be torture by the police on him lol
I'm already excited to read the next volume. Hopefully you'll post soon :))

This was a captivating read for me throughout. And I really am impressed at your skills of writing all the gory details while drawing in the reader.
No critics on this. I just loved it :)

I thought I would breathe after reading the first volume but you have me waiting for the next lol

Cool piece of writing :)))

Posted 7 Years Ago


Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Uh uh um okay...
Sinbulvinter

6 Years Ago

Yeah, multiple personalities are fun. Hehe. It's like I'm three different people!
Dr. YumnaKay

6 Years Ago

Who is the one I talk to? 😛😎😎
Rip Rema... amazing that she, who loved life is gone, while Frey who only wanted to die is now left alive, left to be even more tortured inside and fucked up. Great book, great ending, perfect flow throughout, love it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Glad you liked the story so much.
And yeah, that's the messed up irony of it all, Frey's the .. read more
I dont know if I want to cry because rema is dead or beacuse the first book is finish. I dont how to feel right know. Poor Frey, lost his first love. I getting emotional again. RIP Rema, and I feel so sorry Frey. This has hands down been one of the best books Ive ever read in my life!!!!! You made your charaters come alive! The book was amazing from beginning to end and Im sad Its over. I looked forwrd to reading this. I cant wait to the second book... You deserve an award for this book. Very well done. Thank you for taking the time to write and post. I definitely a fan!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much for reading and reviewing from beginning to end of this volume! I'm really glad you .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

597 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2017
Last Updated on April 26, 2017
Tags: serial killers, murder, horror, thriller, psychological, hurt/comfort, dark themes, violence, blood, suicide


Author

Sinbulvinter
Sinbulvinter

Ephrata, PA



About
I am a Twenty-Five year old Writer and Mother of a Two Year Old Daughter and pregnant with a little boy on the way! I am a shaman, too empathetic for my own good, and a Major Horror Junkie who is obs.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Sinbulvinter


Chapter Ten Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Sinbulvinter