Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by J. Lynn


"Mom, why the hell do we have to drive 15 hours to a house we've only seen online, in a neighborhood we both have never heard of? Sometimes that's a hint to stay away, don't you think?" Sara questionably said, as she sits in the passenger seat wondering why she had to be the one going to begin with.

"Sara," her mother, Tammi, had to think for a second on what to say,"Sometimes, a new house brings calmness, ease, and a chance for a new beginning. I thought that's what you wanted. You kno-" 

As soon as she was going to finish Sara rudely interrupted, "Yeah, a new beginning. Not in a new everything, in a new school. Jeez, get something right for once."

At that moment Tammi knew she should just be quiet. She didn't understand the whole parent thing anyway. "maybe" she thought, "maybe, she will deal with it in a while. or I could just tell her we moved here for business, I think I'll just let her think what she wants".
Sara is a 16 year old girl, practically bringing up herself, since her mother was only home when she couldn't be at work. But even then Tammi was always on her laptop in her room, doing work she was to busy to do in the office.  
Sara felt alone. Like no one cared about her. Why? Because her father left her when she was only. Her mom told her he couldn't stand the work on bringing her up. He left on her birthday. The only thing she knows about him is his first name, John.

"Okay Sara, when we get into the house I want you to choose either the master bedroom or a regular room, so I know where the office will be located. Same rule apply's, you are not aloud to enter the office unless your about to die."

"Mom, if I was about to die downstairs, how could I possibly find  the energy to walk up the stairs?"

"Sara, stop being a smart a*s and choose okay?!"

"Okay mom, I choose the room with the balcony up at the top."

"Good so I get the two rooms on the bottom. In a week the Carpenter will be here and will help you plan how you want the top floor. You will have a kitchen, living room, etc. Just so you can have your own "place" so to speak."

"Mom, can't we just hang out together? I mean this is literally the first time we've ever been together. Even when I was younger, I was always with Nana. She is the only mother figure I have."

"I'm sorry Sara, I am just to busy." Really deep inside, Tammi was afraid to really know her. Because she is afraid once Sara knows who she really is she will leave like everyone else in the world.

"Wow mom, okay" 

Sara was sick of it, but arguing will not change the fact that she is always working. Maybe next she'll randomly disappear. But for now she will finish unpacking.


© 2011 J. Lynn


Author's Note

J. Lynn
Okay I know this is pretty lame but I don't know how to write story's very well so just give me some tips as I write the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on May 1, 2011
Last Updated on May 1, 2011


Author

J. Lynn
J. Lynn

Hicktown, FL



Writing
Drama Drama

A Poem by J. Lynn