Sin in Sincerity Short Story

Sin in Sincerity Short Story

A Story by sinNsincerity
"

This is my first short story. This is creative nonfiction story about me during my high school days. Enjoy and let me know what you think...

"

Sin in Sincerity

By David Barajas Jr

         

         She hit me like a rock to a windshield, leaving me shattered and scattered to never be seen through ever again. Throughout all of the booze, all of the weed, and all of the women that I have blown through recklessly like a tissue during my sick attempt to erase her from my head, she is still with me. She is still the one that would make all of my vices obsolete and allow me to say good riddance to all the bullshit. She is still the voice that I hear in the halls of my mind, the scent that I smell when I lay my head on a pillow, and the love I still crave to taste once more with the hope that maybe one day I can reunite with my missing rib.

         Every night that passes by as the seasons do I gaze up at mother moon and ask myself, “Did I f**k it all up by letting her go too soon all because I was too afraid to let it play out and take it where it might not go after three years?”

         Growing up in a Catholic home, with a grandmother who went to church every day, I truly believed in waiting and saving myself for the right woman and marriage. High school would change all of that.

         One day during my freshman year of 2003 at Woodrow Wilson High School, I was walking up the steep hill, which is surrounded by plenty of trees and wildlife that lead to the campus with my joint in hand. It is just as big as some colleges and the scenery would almost make me forget that I was living in the city of East Los Angeles, although the Hollywood sign and the muggy layer of smog that rested above the buildings in Downtown LA was quite visible from the peak of the campus. As I was making my way up the hill, I laughed and shook my head as I viewed every windshield wiper of every car pointed to the heavens. Half way up Wilson Way I saw some dude, Billy. He stood there tall, slim, and rugged. His stretched-out ears always caught my eyes and the thought of daring to do something like that myself was disturbing and filled me with disgust. His wrinkled Sex Pistol’s shirt, his tight black jeans, and his thrashed up skate shoes stood out from all of the other kids who dressed oh so proper in their Polo t-shirts and not to mention the wannabe gangsters that tried to harass us for being skaters with our own style when they really had no clue of our divergences. I had skated with him a few times through the concrete jungle and I also had a couple of classes with him. At that moment, he was walking with six chicks, three dudes, and a bottle of Jack Daniels.

         “Drink much f****r,” I said jokingly.

         “Smoke much b***h,” Billy responded.

         “Sup hillside-village kid,” Billy made this statement because the houses in the town City Terrace, where I lived, were embedded into the hillside, while he lived in El Sereno on the other side of town, where all the kids with money stayed, and their lawns were plush with money green grass to go along with the dream houses you would see on TV. “Dam bro you reek-ehe-he-he” Billy remarked. He went on to ask sarcastically, “Just making it to school bro? Second period already started.”

“Yea man: I miss the bus, so I skated to school and shredded a few spots on the way. You know how it is,” I retorted. “Well f**k school man. We’re all heading to Jessica’s pad for a kickback. Let’s roll,” Billy demanded.

         At that very moment my conscious kicked in, which I always believed to be the voice of God that my grandmother had imprinted onto my soul growing up. It was telling me to head to class because of the fear of the school calling my parents, but I just said, “F**k it!” My inner demons didn’t take much convincing. “Alright man let’s do this,” said Billy.

         I trunked it in the car with three girls I never met before, but they seemed pretty chill. After fifteen minutes of being in the trunk with these broads and having no clue of where we were at, the trunk flung open and I was struck by vampire sunlight.

         Following this, I arose from the trunk like a dead man given new life by the light and we began to walk towards the house. I really didn’t know what the day had in stored for me. A great deal of fear, a great deal of uncertainty, and a great deal of thrill crept throughout my body as if I was waiting to ride a roller coaster at Six Flag’s Magic Mountain for the first time. After we entered the house, Billy and I sat on a rugged couch marked with stains of all sorts. I didn’t say much because I hadn’t done anything like this before and I didn’t want to look like a fool, so I just played the part and played it cool. Billy cracked open the bottle of Jack like Popeye did to a can of spinach and took a huge swig of it and then passed it to me. Certainly I never drank Jack before, but I’ve seen how others reacted to it afterwards; therefore, I knew it was going to f**k me up, but I still took a big gulp to top him for the sake of not looking like a p***y. The first one went down pretty smooth. It welcomed a gentle relief from all of my problems, but when the bottle came back around for my second take, I tried to chug it again and it raped the hell out of my throat! It burned so bad. It was as if I drug my esophagus across the asphalt. I hid the disgust and took it like a champ. A few more went down the hatch and my body sunk deep into the couch as if I were being devoured by the depths of the Mariana Trench.

         After surfacing to my senses, I began to notice Jessica and this chick Nancy making out on the floor underneath the kitchen table like two porn stars and I thought to myself, “This is the coolest s**t ever.” This was only something I had wet dreams about and it came to reality, except this time I wasn’t asleep, I was awake! I walked over and Nancy yanked me down. She and Jessica both began to make out with me profusely. Shortly eighteen minutes cruised by and Nancy took me to a dark room which seemed to be Jessica’s parents’ room and it was quite obvious because of the outdated bedroom set and photos that were laid out. I can’t lie. I was pretty scared, being a virgin and all. “Am I about to get laid,” I thought to myself. She then tossed me on top of the bed, crawled over, and then pressed her pelvis against me. While all this was happening, she also placed my hands underneath her bra and sucked on my neck like a leech. Billy, the people in the living room, and the rest of the world were dead to me at this very moment. I was ready to lose myself in this room of ecstasy.

         Shortly that voice in my head told me not to do this for the sake of not being stained like the couch I sat on when I first arrived. I hardly knew Nancy, but I knew she wanted this more than I did and that sort of turned me on. Anyhow, she was just this hot punker chick with sexy a*s glasses and was only over me because she had seen me skate once. And I’m pretty sure all the booze we consumed played a huge part as well. So the thought of giving it up to Nancy threw me off a tad bit, but it didn’t stop me from allowing the grinding, or the other pleasure that came with it. I didn’t sleep with her, though I wanted to. “This just doesn’t seem right,” I thought to myself.

         At last the clock was near 2:30, so I left her in that bed of bliss, lust, and shame. I grabbed my board, headed out the front door, and headed back to school, so that I would make it back by three and there wouldn’t be any suspicion with my mom when I got home.

         I checked in at home like a hotel at Las Vegas with the urgency to hit the strip and tossed my backpack on the floor of my room.

         “Why do you look so weird?,” my mother asked as I was heading out the front door to tell my friends about what happen earlier. “Are you on drugs,” she demanded an answer, which seemed to be a frequent question I would hear, but didn’t want to listen to, had to answer, but lied about that entire year. Although I was still pretty faded from the Jack Daniels, I said, “Hell no!” I then eluded her as people do to the Jehovah witnesses and proceeded to walk out the side door of the kitchen that leads to the side of the house; I headed over to my friends’ Milo and Joshua’s house, who are my neighbors across the street, knowingly they would call me a p***y for not smashing that.

          The next day Nancy avoided me and she had her reasons, so I couldn’t blame her. Nevertheless, I didn’t want much to do with her anyway. After lunch, I headed to my fifth period English class while listening to Yellow Card’s “Ocean Avenue” on my sticker covered CD player. I entered the classroom and sat in my desk and placed my skateboard underneath my feet as I swayed it side to side like a pendulum. This was the moment when the rock would strike my heart like a gong sending the love vibration through my veins up into my heart. My board was taken from my feet along with my earphones. “What are you listening to sweetie,” she asked as she examined the graphics on my board and placed one earphone bud into her left ear. There she sat: the reason why the voice in my head told me not to sleep with Nancy. I gazed into and was trapped for an eternity in her hazel eyes as if I was staring at Medusa herself.

          “Hey, I’m Mayra”

          “I’m Dav…,” Mayra had cut me off and said,

          “Yea I know who you are, I’ve been eyeing you for quite a while…”

         That was the very moment of believing in hope, the very moment of believing in living, and the very moment of believing in love at first sight.

         Everything at that very moment was right, our constellations intertwined, and I was then given a new set of eyes to gaze upon the starry skies.

         Yet I know she will always be my first love, my best love, I didn’t know that she’d be the last one that would make me feel loved.

         From that day on, Mayra would always be the one to hold my heart; however, it seemed perfect at first, the bliss, lust, and shame would also accompany our companionship that left me wondering how an angel sent from heaven put me through hell.


         

© 2015 sinNsincerity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I found this piece very entertaining to read. It carries all the hallmarks for your poetry, with creative turns for simile and metaphors, and great imagery. There are some places where the punctuation needs to be cleaned up a bit. Unlike poetry, prose requires more attention to those details, but throwing it into a word processor and letting it's editor do its work will fix most of that.

I like the fact that you were willing to put that close encounter out there. I think a lot of girls think that guys have no hesitation when if comes to becoming sexually active and are not bound to moral or religious teachings of their youth. I didn't get a whiff of it until I was in my 20s, when I guy I'd been friends with for years, told me he always wanted to ask me out in high school, but was afraid I'd say no. That was my first real though that guys were just as insecure as girls about dating and relationships.

Thank you for that wonderful look at the past. Loved reading it and you left me wanting to know more, so a great take away fee.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading this one Jan. It was because of Mayra why I began writing poetry. I didn't kno.. read more



Reviews

I found this piece very entertaining to read. It carries all the hallmarks for your poetry, with creative turns for simile and metaphors, and great imagery. There are some places where the punctuation needs to be cleaned up a bit. Unlike poetry, prose requires more attention to those details, but throwing it into a word processor and letting it's editor do its work will fix most of that.

I like the fact that you were willing to put that close encounter out there. I think a lot of girls think that guys have no hesitation when if comes to becoming sexually active and are not bound to moral or religious teachings of their youth. I didn't get a whiff of it until I was in my 20s, when I guy I'd been friends with for years, told me he always wanted to ask me out in high school, but was afraid I'd say no. That was my first real though that guys were just as insecure as girls about dating and relationships.

Thank you for that wonderful look at the past. Loved reading it and you left me wanting to know more, so a great take away fee.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading this one Jan. It was because of Mayra why I began writing poetry. I didn't kno.. read more
This is an interesting read thank you for the little in sight in your life I love the end what a wonderful line "an angel sent from heaven put me through hell." Thank you for sharing it was a pleasure to read I hope you have a wonderful after noon

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

Thank you hon, I'm really stoked that you found it to be a good read.
It's my pleasure!
Awesome, I really enjoyed it!! High school days...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

Thank you Marcus!
This is so well-written one won't be able to guess it's someone's first short story. The narration and the dialogues were both great, and the similes used for descriptions are remarkable, specially the one in the very first sentence of the story. Also liked how it was so honest, simple and sweet. Love how it ended. You've got great skill. Write more!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

I had a really good Creative Nonfiction writing teacher to thank for that!
All I'm trying to .. read more
story draws you along, introduces characters well and leaves you questioning and wanting more...well done

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

Thank you!
I really enjoyed reading this! It was so raw and real. It definitely left me wanting more! The imagery in this was astounding!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading Tiffany.
I've been thinking about extending this; I've just been lazy t.. read more
"She is still the one that would make all of my vices obsolete and allow me to say good riddance to all the bullshit. " - this is amazing insight for one still growing and learning and not even old enough to vote. That all voters would have this gift perhaps the politicians that are ruining our world would be on the dole.
Pure Class Sin.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

Oh yea that's killer and still is true to this very day my friend.
Thank you for reading Anto.. read more
ANTO

8 Years Ago

Sorry for the short review my friend I scanned this one quickly and will be back later. :)
sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

No worries Anto.
Hello David,

Well written and a good read. It sounded very realistic, which I figure it is. My compliments for your ability to write all this (personal experience) down. I don't want to nag, but:

I drug my esophagus across the asphalt. -> "drug"??

Regards, keep writing,

Sesame

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

yea that should be dragged.
It is a true story and I'm writing using creative nonfiction too.. read more
I have no words to explain my reaction to this. I'm speechless…Jaw dropped, teary eyed.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
What about it made it so..?
Real Inspiration

8 Years Ago

The entire thing. Your use of words is incredible.
sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

Well that means a lot to me! Thank you.
This is a really great read about growing up and our first encounters of lust and love.
The ending leaves the reader wanting to know more
"left me wondering how an angel sent from heaven put me through hell."

Brilliant personal write SweetSin! :)


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Bestie! Yea I haven't build up the nerve to relive this yet and sit to finish writ.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

536 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 15, 2015
Last Updated on March 15, 2015
Tags: Creative Nonfiction, Short Story

Author

sinNsincerity
sinNsincerity

East Los Angeles, CA



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chosen Chosen

A Poem by sinNsincerity