American Stupidity

American Stupidity

A Chapter by Brian

I know that everyone will not support the president of what he is doing because we have different opinions regarding political ideology here in America. However, some people take it beyond the extreme, to the breaking point where most Americans should be like “no, we will have opinions in this nation, but not that kind of opinions.” For example, there is a face book group with the name “DEAR LORD, THIS YEAR YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTOR, PATRICK SWAYZIE. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTRESS, FARAH FAWCETT. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE SINGER, MICHAEL JACKSON. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, MY FAVORITE PRESIDENT IS BARACK OBAMA. AMEN.” If that is American stupidity, I don’t what it is. Using the Lords name to wish something bad on him. Like really, who does that. I know I didn’t support some of the policies President Bush placed, and I know I didn’t support Sen. McCain during the election, but I would never in my life make some kind of group or anything like that. I don’t know if its just me, but it seems like Americans want to judge, but they don’t want to be judged at the same time. But you cant have both. 
I respect opinions because that is how the world is run, and without opinions, the world will go down the shitter (sorry for the language). What makes me mad is that some Americans go to church on Wednesday and Sunday, but then act like devils the other days of the week. It doesn’t make sense, and it will never make sense. For those who created that group, how would they like it if it was their names who people wanted something bad to happen to. They say the group is a joke, but using the lords name and wishing something bad on someone is never a joke, because no one knows when we will live this earth, no one knows when the lord calls us to come home.
As an American, I love how people go out and speak their mind about how they feel, if it liberals, or the conservatives, I love how people use their free speech to get the attention of the government. I love it when I see people who rather go out and speak their ideology, than to sit in the house/apartment and get mad at the politicians who don’t listen. But to do something like create a face book page to wish something bad, that is not acceptable what so ever. People will not face the reality of life until it hits them hard in the face, when its face to face to them. 


© 2010 Brian


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on April 22, 2010
Last Updated on April 22, 2010


Author

Brian
Brian

Bowling Green, KY



About
Im currently a student in college, majoring in biology. I love to write, but i can only write when i have the inspiration to do so. And i just tell people how i feel even when they dont want to hear i.. more..

Writing
Toleration Toleration

A Poem by Brian


Be Who You Are Be Who You Are

A Poem by Brian