The Highschool life of Rin Kageyama 3

The Highschool life of Rin Kageyama 3

A Story by SleepingNemuri
"

just a normal guy at highschool

"
Part 3

It's been a week since Rin Kageyama has started highschool and it seems that he's getting along with his classmates quite well. His new circle of friends are Nagisa, Kagura, Ritsu, Katsuo, and Muyashi. Rin is still kinda jealous of Katsuo though as everytime they hang out and talk during breaks, there's always a girl that wants to be with Katsuo. Kinda pisses him off. What's different is that they're friends now. While at recess, Rin tries to exchange numbers with his friends. Since Nagisa doesn't seem to be busy, Rin approached him and asked for his number.

"Nagisa, do you have a phone?"

Nagisa answers with his usual, bored expression.

"Yes."

"That's cool, can you give me your number? Here's mine."

"Okay."

Kagura notices Rin and Nagisa exchanging number so he also went in.

Kagura: "Heyy... Exchanging numbers, eh?? Why don't you ask for my number, Rin?"

Rin: "You have a phone now, Kagura?"

Kagura: "Yeah, I just got it a week ago."

Rin: "Oh, that's cool. Why didn't you tell me?"

Kagura: "I forgot I had a phone."

Rin: "Oh... Okay."

When Rin and Kagura finished exchanging their numbers, he noticed Kagura's number seems a bit familiar... He then remembers that this was the number that prank called him about his refrigerator running. Rin looks at Kagura and says,

"What the hell, man. You had my number."

Kagura: "Huh? What do you mean?"

Rin: "Last week, you were the one who prank called me, didn't you?"

Kagura: "Prank call? What are you talking about?"

Kagura seems to have no idea what Rin is talking about. Rin stares at Kagura suspiciously, looking straight to his eyes. Kagura then couldn't hold back his laughter.

"Hahah, sorry, sorry... I just always wanted to do some prank calls but I can't cuz I don't have a phone." Kagura says with teary eyes from his laughter.

"Sigh, I don't really care..." Rin said.

Rin: "Where did you get my number though???"

Kagura: "I got your number from Ritsu. I bought this phone together with him."

Rin: "Oh..."

Kagura seems to be having fun with his new phone. He seems really happy about it. Meanwhile, recess is over and it's back to classes again. The loli teacher greets us with her cute smile. How lucky we must've been for having a teacher like Ms. Nakashima.

During lunch, Rin, as always, went to the rooftop to meet up with Ritsu. Kagura and Katsuo eats lunch at the cafeteria and Nagisa eats lunch at the classroom. We were talking about some normal stuff we usually talk about.

Rin: "Hey, do you think school is fun?"

Ritsu: "Hmm... Well, it is fun if you think it is."

Rin: "What?"

Ritsu: "Do you think school is boring?"

Rin: "Err, I had my expectations..."

Ritsu: "Still, complaining won't change anything. Let's try to have fun at school."

Rin: "..."

Ritsu: "Well anyway, have you played the game I lent you yet?"

Rin: "Yeah!! It was so fun like, duuude, it just gets interesting..."

Rin and Ritsu had fun talking about some stuff they're interested in at the rooftop and finished their lunch. Now they are waiting for lunch break to be over. As Rin and Ritsu were about the part ways, Ritsu is telling Rin something quite serious.

"Come see me after school. I'm gonna show you something."

"What are you gonna show me?" Rin asked.

"It's about Yuuki Masamune." Ritsu replied.

Rin wondered what it is about Yuuki Masamune that he is going to show him. He was about to ask Ritsu but he already walked away. Still, he was thinking about what Ritsu said regarding Yuuki. As much as he wanted to, he just couldn't believe what Ritsu said about her.

The ability to control humans? That's just impossible. Although I told him I literally believe in anything he says, I just couldn't believe it. Ritsu might realize this so he's going to show me her actual 'powers'... but how?

Rin keeps pondering about it. He walks towards the classroom, waiting for lunch break to finish and he passed by Nicholass Zapito, who was being bullied by the usual wannabe cool guys. He wanted to help him but he can't because he doesn't have the courage to do so.

As much as it pains me to see Nicholass being helplessly beaten up by these guys, I just had no choice. I really don't want to be involved in this s**t and I don't think I can stand up to them. I decided to leave Nicholass and try not to think about it later.

As I went in the classroom, I already saw Kagura and Katsuo talking to each other. I approached them but then the bell rings.

*bell ringing*

I sit through the whole class and I was paying attention to it, which kinda concerns me cuz it might be because the one teaching is Ms. Nakashima, which would somehow make me a lolicon. In other words, a pedophile. Since Ms. Nakashima's appearance are that of a 13-year-old.

*bell rings again but this time it's the end of class*

Ritsu told me to meet him after school, but he didn't tell me exactly where we'll meet. How the hell does he think we can meet each other then? I looked in front of me and there he is, Ritsu. Standing in front of me as if he knows exactly where I'm going.

Ritsu: "Let's go."

Rin: "Where are we going?"

Ritsu: "Just a random place."

We went out of the school's gate. Ritsu was taking me to a place I usually don't go to (since I only walk straight home). I felt a little bit nervous since the place is unfamiliar to me. I look around the area and it was surrounded by many people. We passed by many streets, houses, buildings, and parks. It seems that we're walking a bit too far away now, so I asked Ritsu.

"Umm, where exactly are we going??"

"Shh, we're here" Ritsu responded.

(ugh, of course we would arrive right when I asked)

We were hiding behind a tree. It was getting dark. I peaked behind the tree and there I see Yuuki walking on her own. Why is she all on her own? Is she heading home? She could've used a vehicle. And wait, aren't we stalking her?? As thought comes to mind, I talked to Ritsu.

"Dude, we're like, stalking her. Are you sure we should be doing this?"

Ritsu: "Well, just watch."

Rin: "Okay..."

Yuuki stopped walking. She looks around her and yells,

"What do you want? I know you are there. Show yourself!"

I flinched as I hear her scream out those words. She definitely found us out. I was about to show myself but then Ritsu stopped me from doing so.

"Don't move." Ritsu said in an alarming tone.

I hear a rustling sound from behind the bushes on the other side. A man then appears from the bushes and is about to launch an assault on Yuuki. Yuuki didn't move. She was then apprehended by the guy. I wanted to help her but Ritsu stopped me. The guy wears a creepy smile on his face as he is about to kidnap Yuuki.

"Heh, the Masamune clan, huh? To think that the heir of their clan was walking alone with no bodyguards... What a joke." The man said as he was about to tie Yuuki's hands.

The man then became shocked and confused as Yuuki suddenly starts laughing. Yuuki then tries to break free from his hands, her movement was so fast that my eyes couldn't follow. The man pulls a knife from his pocket and aims at Yuuki. However, he couldn't get near her. Instead, he was backing in fear as he sees Yuuki's eyes changing in color, from blue to a bright, glowing purple.

"W-What... What are you!?" The man screams in fear.

"Me? I'm human. Just like you. Just a little... different." Yuuki answers.

"Heh, being attacked by filthy scumbags like you is nothing new to me. You pose no threat to our kind. Scram, you lowly insect." Yuuki says to the man.

The guy couldn't move his legs. He was frozen in fear. But his eyes were full of doubt thinking that her eyes were just some kind of trick, so he refused to run away and is cautiously closing in to Yuuki.

"So you refuse to leave, huh... how audacious of you." Yuuki says as the guy is walking close to her.

"Put your filthy hands to the ground, you dirty pig." Yuuki demanded.

The guy knelt down, with a very frightened expression. He obeyed her commands against his will. Yuuki then walks to the guy and says,

"Answer my question. Who ordered you to kidnap me?"

"It was....a black...man. Black from head to toe, like a shadow. He told me that he would give me... everything I desire." The guy answered

"I see. Now sleep, and forget everything that happened."

The guy then sleeps. Yuuki was ordering the guy around as if he was her slave. Is this what Ritsu said about her powers? Her clan? What the hell is this? A dream? Am I dreaming right now? Please tell me I'm dreaming cuz that s**t absolutely won't happen in real life. Yuuki already left and I still couldn't stop thinking what just happened.

"Ritsu, could you pinch my cheek?"

"Sure."

Ritsu pinched my cheek and it hurt. Now I can confirm that I am not dreaming.

Rin: "Sigh... wtf just happened??"

Ritsu: "I was just showing you Yuuki's daily life."

Ritsu: "She's always hunted by those who want revenge, power, and money. Things like these aren't really anything new to her."

Rin: "..."

Rin: "It's getting late. I think we should go home now."

Ritsu then turns back and Rin followed him. It was late at night and they were walking home together. The road was silent and clear, there aren't many cars and stores open. Rin looked around and he sees some shady looking people looking at them. Rin became a little nervous as he walks. Ritsu then broke the silence and asks,

"So, what do you think? About Yuuki?"

Rin: "I don't really know... I don't understand."

Ritsu: "I thought the same too, when I first saw her power... I was.... afraid."

Rin: "What happened?"

Ritsu: "Your class changed teachers, right? Yuuki was behind it. She mind-controlled your teacher."

Rin: "What!?!?"

Ritsu: "I saw it. The teacher was following Yuuki's orders, did some things that made him step down as a teacher."

Rin: "Wtf, she's behind all of that? Why though??"

Ritsu: "I still don't know... I'm currently researching Yuuki and your teacher."

Rin: "..."

"Man, to think that Yuuki had such a strange power... How scary." Katsuo says with a cheerful, contented smile

Rin: "Yeah... Wait, Katsuo!?!? You're here!?!?!"

Ritsu: "What!?!"

Katsuo: "Well, I saw you guys walking together so I thought I could join you guys..."

Rin: "I really didn't notice you though"

Ritsu: "Me neither. Since when were you following us?"

Katsuo: "The school gates."

Ritsu and Rin: "Wtf..." (Is he the Lord of the Stalkers or something?)

A few minutes later we're finally nearing home and Ritsu, Katsuo, and I part ways. Finally, I'm home! What a long day, saw some weird s**t that I don't wanna think about. As I was finally going home, I looked up the sky. I expected to see stars but instead just a black sky. I wonder why we can't see stars anymore... As I looked at the sky, I noticed someone standing on top of a steel tower. I couldn't see him clearly but he looks kinda familiar... That's weird. Wait, why is he on top of a steel tower??

After a long day of weird s**t happening, Rin finally got home and lie on his bed. It was almost midnight when he got home. Rin didn't notice objects lurking around the sky as he was sound asleep. The man on the steel tower, Nagisa, looked up at the sky and the mysterious objects merged together to form a whole unidentified flying object. Nagisa stares at it and says,

"I see."

*next day*

After going on a wonderful adventure yesterday that I really don't wanna remember, I went to the school like nothing ever happened. Kagura greets me with his ever so lively smile as always.

"Hey, Rin! Good Mornin'!!"

"Good morning"

Why does he always greet people every morning? Nobody but him does that nowadays. I went to my chair, waiting for class to start. I notice Takashi writing something on his notebook. I looked closer and it was a drawing of a guy with a huge sword and armor and a highschool girl. They seem to be fighting. Zuri, who is sitting beside him, is watching anime on his phone. I asked him what anime he's watching.

"Hey, Zuri... What anime are you watching?"

Zuri: "It's *insert random anime here*"

Rin: "Ohh, I watched that!"

Zuri: "Really? That's cool. You watch anime?"

Rin: "Yeah, but not really...."

Then, and only then, did Rin and Zuri become good friends. They were talking about the anime they watched. Rin, who actually watches a lot of anime before he got to highschool, had a lot of fun sharing the same interests with someone. While talking to Zuri, someone, went to them and says,

"Hey Rin."

"Yeah, what is i-"

As he turns back, Rin saw Yuuki. Rin got intimidated. Anyone would. Yesterday, he witnessed something terrifying about Yuuki. There's no way he could talk to her normally after seeing that. Rin tries to act normal as if yesterday didn't happen. Yuuki then forces Rin to follow her somewhere

"About yesterday..." Yuuki said.

"Huh? W-What about yesterday?" Rin replies (Did she find out!?)

Yuuki blushes and says, "W-Was K-K-Katsuo with you??"

Rin: "Huh?"

Yuuki: "You were watching me, right...? With your friend Ritsu."

Rin: "Watching what?"

Yuuki: "Don't talk like you don't know... You were spying on me on my way home."

Rin: "Wh-Wh-What're you talking about? I didn't see anythin-"

Rin looked at Yuuki's eyes and although it wasn't the same glowing eyes as yesterday, Rin was frightened and was forced to tell the truth.

Rin: "I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to spy on you..."

Yuuki: "That's not important, did Katsuo see me?"

Rin: "Yeah, he was with us" (We didn't realize though)

Yuuki: *blushes* "Wh-What does he... think?"

Rin: "What do you mean?"

Yuuki: "Does he think I look... c-cool, or something??"

Rin: "Uhh..."

Come to think of it, when Katsuo witnessed her power, he wasn't really frightened or surprised by it. In fact, he was wearing the same expression as he always do, a contented smile, which I think is creepy.

Rin: "Well I think he does..."

Well, any normal person who sees what happened yesterday would freak out by the fact that she made a full grown man kneel down before her and obey her commands.

Yuuki: "I see."

Rin: "Wait, we saw you use your powers yesterday, aren't you gonna brainwash me?"

Yuuki: "It's okay... if Katsuo was with you. Just don't tell anyone."

Rin: "Yeah, sure..."

So Katsuo saved us. If Katsuo hadn't come with us yesterday, we would've fucked up. I owe you one, Katsuo. I don't know what would happen if you weren't there.

Yuuki whispers to Rin, "Also, don't tell anyone I'm a girl."

Rin: "Yeah... I won't."

Yuuki leaves. Does she really think showing off her powers might make Katsuo like her? That's too dangerous if someone knew about her power. Lucky we were the only ones who saw. Compared to yesterday, she wasn't really scary when I talked to her, or is it because she's shy when talking about Katsuo? Anyway, I gotta go back to my classroom.

*bell rings*

Class has started, same as usual. Although Nagisa, who sits beside me,  didn't go to school. Did something happen? What could've made Nagisa not attend school? I wonder... I asked Kagura about Nagisa.

"Hey, Nagisa isn't here today. Did something happen?"

"I don't know." Kagura replies

"By the way, last night, I saw some weird things popping out of the sky. Did you see them? It was at exactly midnight..." says Kagura

"Oh, it could be a flying saucer or something" Rin says in a sarcastic tone

"No, it looked like a spaceship..."

"Rin!! Kagura!!"

Kagura and I stopped talking as Amberly, who sits beside me on my right side, called our names. I looked over to Amberly.

Amberly: "Shh, the teacher's calling you..."

Rin: "What?"

Ms. Nakashima: "Rin, Kagura, please stop talking."

I went silent after that. It was the first time Ms. Nakashima scolded me... Although she's about 20 years old, being scolded by someone who looks younger than you feels weird. I spent the whole class listening to the teacher. Takashi was still drawing on his notebook pretending to be writing notes while Zuri hides his manga on his lap under the table and replaces it with a book when the teacher goes near. How clever. I notice Abaddon's always looking at Rex. Or maybe it's just my imagination.

*bell rings*

I went to the rooftop to meet Ritsu as usual. Though, for the first time, I got to the rooftop ahead of Ritsu. I sit on our usual sitting place and start eating lunch. Eating lunch alone is really peaceful. Enjoying a moment of silence alone feels relaxing. Being alone isn't really bad, after all. I then feel someone sitting beside me, and it was Ritsu. Well, being with your friends is more fun than being alone. Ritsu looks really excited about something. I wonder what it could be...

Ritsu: "Rin! I have news..."

Rin: "What is it?"

Ritsu: "I'm forming a club. Do you want to join?"

Rin: "Club? What kind of club?"

Ritsu: "The Gaming Club!!"

Rin: "Huh? What do we do, play games?"

Ritsu: "Not only that, we also make our own game!"

Rin: "That's cool."

Ritsu: "So, do you want to join?"

Rin: "Yeah sure."

Ritsu: "Nice, Kagura is joining too."

Rin: "Hmm, Kagura plays games everyday don't he?"

Ritsu: "Yeah..."

Ritsu and I were talking about what we should do in the club. To be honest, I got really excited. Finally, I get to join a club like in anime. A few moments later, I feel my body shaking. Then, I realize that the ground was shaking, and it's getting stronger.

"An Earthquake?"

Ritsu: "S**t, why now?"

A few seconds passed and the earthquake has stopped. A lot of people went outside for safety but since we're thug life, we didn't move from the rooftop (or maybe we're just too lazy). Although the earthquake has stopped, we can still feel the ground shaking because of aftershocks. People outside are panicking. It seems that we won't be having classes this afternoon. A teacher then saw us at the rooftop and made us go outside. We were scolded.

It seems that the earthquake was too strong that the school decided not to resume class. How lucky.

Ritsu and I walked together towards home. Some thoughts came over my head. Suddenly, I remembered that Yuuki made our previous teacher lose his job. I got curious and asked Ritsu if he found out anything.

"Hey Ritsu, did you find out anything about Yuuki and our previous teacher?"

Ritsu: "Not really. I'll tell you if I find out something."

Rin: "Okay."

Ritsu: "Hey, wanna know where Kagura is?"

Rin: "No"

Ritsu: "Come with me."

I followed Ritsu. There's nothing much to do in this afternoon anyway, classes were cut short. Ritsu was taking me to places I don't know and finally, we went inside an internet cafe. We went to the second floor and in the corner of the room, Kagura was sitting there, playing computer. Ritsu went to him and says,

"Hey, Kagura"

Kagura: "Ritsu! And Rin! Why're you here?"

Rin: "Yo."

Ritsu: "Rin is joining the gaming club! Want to teach him how to play games?"

Teach me how to play games? Of course I know how to play games, I'm not a little kid who's new to computers and only play minecraft.

Kagura: "Yeah sure. That's nice, now we need to invite two more people."

Rin: "Uhh, What are we playing?"

Kagura: "It's called Assassins' Thicc Obsession Defense. In short, ATOD. It's a popular game in our country, how could you not know."

Rin: "What's 'Thicc'?"

Kagura: "I don't know either"

Ritsu: "..."

I played on the computer next to Kagura. Kagura was teaching me how to play the game and I have no idea what I'm doing. I guess i'm just a little kid who plays minecraft after all...

Ritsu played on the computer next to me. He's playing the game, but he's playing it... differenty. He's typing some weird stuff while playing the game, like some code. I never knew Ritsu was so fast at typing, it's like he could break the keyboard.

A few minutes later, I got so into the game that it felt like I'm actually inside the game. Me, Ritsu, and Kagura were partying together and played lots of games. I was so noob at it though. I died like, 12 times in one game. Because of that, we lost some games. Kagura is really good at this game. Although we were losing, Kagura is the reason we still won. Guess you could say that he's been playing since he was a kid. Ritsu was, quite average, I think. I just know that Kagura is better than Ritsu.

It's been three hours since we've been playing, after our last game we went outside the cafe. Kagura gave us some papers and says,

"Let's participate in this year's tournament. We should gather five people in this game to join."

Rin: "What's this?"

Ritsu: "It's an ATOD tournament. It is held every year by the international sports commission. All gamers are invited to play."

Rin: "That's cool.... Wait, are you sure you want me to play? I'm so bad at this game and I only started..."

Kagura: "Don't worry, we'll definitely win. Trust me."

Kagura says that with a straight face. How is he so confident about this? I know he's really good at this game but.. with teammates like me, Nagisa, and Katsuo who are new to this game, how the hell are we supposed to win?

A few days later we invited Katsuo to the game, he says it's okay. But for some reason, we couldn't find Nagisa. Even Ritsu, who seems to know everything, didn't know where he is. It's been two days since Nagisa went absent which concerns me cuz he might be feeling ill. We asked for people to join and finally, our least favorite girl in our class, Beatrice Morisama, joined us. Beatrice stated that she had played the game at least a couple of times before. I wonder if we could trust her.

Tomorrow is Saturday, the start of the game. When the class ended, we immediately went to the Sports Commission and handed our registry forms. Our team is called "The Unknown Kings". How cheesy. I don't really care if we win or not, but Kagura is really serious about winning, so I might as well try.

*Next day*

Today is the day of the tournament. All five of us gathered in front of a huge building, there are lots of people gathered. I think they are pros. I wonder if we'll actually be okay.

To be continued...

© 2017 SleepingNemuri


Author's Note

SleepingNemuri
Thank you for reading. If it's bad, please tell me how I can improve.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Cy!
This is pretty nice. You can maybe be a anime writer. Or director.

Also, as for suggestions, I think you should decide if this is screenplay or a book story thing. If it is a book story thing you can do something like:

"Sure thing," Nagisa said. "Where to?"

If its screen play:

Nagisa: Sure thing, where to?

Hope this helps. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


SleepingNemuri

6 Years Ago

Thanks, Tomoko. I don't really know if I want this to be a screenplay or a book story so I switch th.. read more
Cy!

6 Years Ago

ah, a fellow anime fan that knows my profile pic. So nice to be a weebo and have someone notice...read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
1 Review
Added on May 30, 2017
Last Updated on June 3, 2017
Tags: highschool, highschool life, life, random, slice of life, school, school life




Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5