Cold

Cold

A Story by Garlington

The path of two destined lovers crossed, though I wasn't supposed to exist. If I hadn't been so dumb would I still be there, with her. Her soft light dark brown skin, her magenta eyes, and finally her weird hair. Her hair was poofy, she also had blue pluses died into her hair. She had a bright smile, something I'll forever miss. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I'm sorry.
"Neo!" I exclaimed happily, tackled hugged the taller girl. I giggled softly, looking up at her. I reached up to play with her hair. The sun was out, we were at the park. The bright green trees circled around us, as well as a neat brick path which surrounded a small fountain.  
"Hey, Rose!" She looked down at me, I suddenly felt insecure, I let her go and rubbed the back of my neck. I was too pale, from not going outside, I had one good green eye, the other was covered by an medical eye patch, it was ruined by them. I also had a number on my wrist. It read 592, I never let Neo look at it for long, she never asked about it. I was wearing a hoodie, as normal, with some jeans.
"Soooo, where to?" I asked, rocking on the back of my heels, my hands instinctively went up to my mouth, Neo slapped my hands away. I frowned, but said nothing, biting my nails was a bad habit of mine.
"We should go to the mall!" Neo said, clasping her hands together I nodded in agreement. I happily grabbed her hand, we began to walk down the brick path, which led to the concrete side walk, Neo laced her our fingers together. I smiled, a light blush forced its way on to my face. She smiled back at me, I felt my heart flutter. We turned towards the large building. I saw something shinning out of the corner of my eye. I looked towards it. I nearly had a heart attack.
There stood him, the one who ruined my life, my telepathy, and my eye. I snarled suddenly, which startled Neo.

"Are you okay?" She asked, I looked up at her, I nodded. My heart stopped again, a white butterfly fly in front of us. I hate those things, they always come around when something terrible was about to happen. We continued into the mall.
The mall had white floors, and a tall glass ceiling, thousands of different smells hit me at once. I felt like I was going to pass out. I held on to Neo.

"Are you sure you're okay? Should we go home?" She asked, tilting my face towards her's. I didn't say anything, I shoved her away for akwardly stammering. 
"N-no. I'm fine." 
"If you say so."
Neo helped me along, despite my protests, we walked into a small section of the mall, it was a "Macy's" store. I sighed softly as Neo dragged me around everywhere. I finally broke loose of her grip when he got to the jeans section. I slipped away before she could notice. Once I was away from her I took a few deep breaths, I felt weird, something wasn't right.
I felt hands wrap around my mouth, I screamed, struggling against them. I called for Neo, though everything I said was muffled. I fought back, clawing and growling violently at my attacker, finally I was loud enough and Neo rushed to my rescue. 
Suddenly I felt a lighter feeling, then the weight of the whole world come crashing back, Neo went to tackle the attacker to the ground, I already knew what would happen. She went right through it. I finally looked up, it was Cas. I grinned, her darkness surrounded me. All she is and forever will be, a former human consumed by another plane, trapped inside of it forever. 

"So, you finally found me?" I spat poisonously, she nodded, a smirk, or from what I could tell from her voice would be a smirk if she still had a face, creeping into her voice.
"Of course, I did. I always do. I find it funny you tried to live a normal human life. You know what I have to do to you now?" She forcefully grabbed my chin. Neo just watched in horror.
"You aren't human?" Neo squeaked, my whole world fell apart, right there. She looked so scared, it wasn't just Cas, I could tell she was afraid of me too. 

"Yeah.." I looked away from Neo. "I'm sorry." I muttered softly looking up at Cas, I smiled at her, she looked at me smiling as well.
"Well, what will it be, give up Neo, which will result in her own death and complete your mission or die." She hissed, I smiled calmly although I was breaking down on the inside. I held back tears, I calmly looked at Neo before smiling.
"I love you. I'm sorry." I almost laughed at the situation, I looked at Cas and nodded slowly. She understood, she already knew I would never give up Neo's life for that, she was too precious to me. We shifted into another plane, this time instead of weightlessness I felt crushing, burning, fiery, heat. It was so hot, I felt like I was melting. I felt the life being squeezed out of me, though that was the last thing on my mind, it was dark where I was. All I could think of was Neo, her smile, her voice, her scent, I was just happy she could live another day. I took in one last shaky breath, and whispered. 
"I love you Neo." 
Then it was suddenly horribly cold and dark, its cold. So cold, I'll forever be cold, or that's what I thought. 
I woke up with a start, I was sweating, I looked up at the sky. It was night time, the sky was an explosion of stars, the moon was a crescent, barely shedding any light. I looked down before noticing Neo, I screamed in pure joy. I ran towards her, smiling and giggling. 
"Neo! Neo! Neo!" I screeched, before hugging her, my arms met nothing as she passed through me. My heart sank, Neo looked older, I decided to follow her. She walked through a grave yard, I was slightly confused til I saw my grave, she was carrying a Rose. She placed it on my grave, struggling not to cry. 
"Neo! I'm right her! Neo!" I screamed at her, tears filling my eyes. 
"Can you here me?! Neo!" I collapsed to my knees, shaking uncontrollably. She couldn't hear me, and I didn't know why. I screamed and screamed, until my throat hurt, and Neo was gone. 
I'm so sorry Neo. I'm so sorry.

© 2016 Garlington


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on November 21, 2016
Last Updated on November 21, 2016

Author

Garlington
Garlington

About
Well I've just started off writing. I'm not very good but it has been suggested to me I try this website. Anyway I have nothing else to say! more..

Writing