The Portal

The Portal

A Chapter by Jesse Pruett
"

The 3 Kings enter into a portal to a magical new land, in search of the Night-Stalker.

"
Back at Trevor's house, his wife and daughter and some other party guests are setting up the party.  There's horseshoes, a pool, baseball equipment, there's a small kids playground equipped with a slide and some swings.  There is no caterers, there caterers will be at the BBQ grill.  There is plenty of kids there and plenty of adults at this event, and the young plan to party while the old ones plan to relax and have a cold brew.  Some are already drinking cause they are tired of waiting while others where drinking when they got there.
 "Well where ready, but the birthday boy is showing no signs of returning" says a older woman to a younger gall.  "I'm sure they'll be here" the woman responds, and out of no where all three show up from that long stretch of parked vehicles, and everyone yells out "Happy Birthday Phillip!".  Phillip smiles and runs towards his friends that are playing catch, he grabs a glove and joins in.  Trevor and Bill go over to the picnic table that there reserving for food and sets the cake down, while the two woman from earlier.  The older one says "boy you are in so much trouble!" and goes to spank him.  "But grandma!" he yelps.  "No grandma ain't listening" says his grandma as she continues to spank him.  "Your getting more spankings than Phillip!" she yells, as Bill crys and some people watch.
 When she is done Bill quickly goes to pout inside.  "Can you go get him back out here?" says the grandma feeling remorse.  "He'll be back, let him cry Juliet" says Trevor.  "Okay" says Juliet looking sad, and they begin to enjoy themselves.  So Bill stampers into his room crying, jumps on his bed and whispers to himself "I wish I had it all, I wish I was powerful, I wish it was over." Bill wishing that one day he would rise king like was usually, see he even prayed for it, just a moment, for him to have it all. See Phillip he didn't really wish for stuff, he kinda has this attitude that has to do with going with the flow, and believe me, Phillip did have a attitude that runs in the family.  A attitude that is commanding, strong, while others have the quiet and playful attributes.  Phillip did not, he wasn't that quiet, and he was definitely more serious.
 Bill finally gets those last sniffles dry and decides to head back outside to play as the adults see him come out Trevor says "see" to Juliet.  Bill goes over to play catch with Phillip but they've already started to play baseball, see Phillip is a great batter. He can hit home runs so of course Bill wants to be on his brothers team, but his brother probably wont let him.  So Bill just watches.  "Hay, at least be the catcher Bill" says Phillip.  Bill decides to be the catcher and puts the catching equipment on.  "Swing batter batter!" Bill yells lightly when hes done.
 About two0 minutes in, and a score of 5 to 1.  Everyone decides to stop playing and heads over to the small playground.  Bill quickly gets on a swing but gets back off to pick that dollar he just dropped while another kid gets on the swing and Phillip says "get off! Thats my brothers swing! Phillip yells, and Bill gets back on the seat.  "Thanks bro" Bill says happily.  "You're welcome, just don't piss me off" Phillip says angrily.
 So the adults are cooking, while some of the younger ladies jumped in the pool.   Bill and Phillip are interested enough to run over to the pool and check the scene out, Phillip accidentally pushes Bill in, and he almost drowns.  Everyone quickly runs over there, while Bill is coughing up water.  "Why you do that!" yells Bill to Phillip.  "It was a accident" states Phillip.  Bill don't care, he rushes over to Phillip to punch him when out of nowhere Trevor grabs both of them by the ear.
 Trevor quickly drags the boys inside.  They go through the back door, into the kitchen, then a hallway, and then he stops.  Bill looks up with a smile, Phillip with a grin, and Trevor with a frown. There's a black hole, they pause for a moment until Bill loses Trevor's grasp and leaps to touch it, and pulls his hand out.  "We can be rich" says Bill, and the other two both look at each other like he is right.  "I mean, me and the cop was just talking about this today, what if where the first to go through a black hole?" says Bill.  "Okay, if where gonna do this, lets do it together" says Trevor letting go of Phillips ear and grabbing his hand.  Bill grabs Trevor's hand, they all walk in together.
 On the other side was a magical land, where people and animals roamed together, there was also many that where creatures that where never seen before, so much variety, all different colors, and then they all stopped what they where doing and looked. "The Kings are here!" they all yell, and come rushing towards them.  Who would've knew that young Bill would've got his wish, but all wishes end in tragedy don't they?  Bill jumps up to clap his hands in cheer, and one not so human, that was white and black rushes out and says "are you here to stop the Night-Stalker?"  They all look around with a shocked reaction.
 "Who is the Night-Stalker" asks Trevor. "A bad demon, who was a murderess man, he can control the weak, so i suggest that you don't have a emotionally moment, and he also knows you" states the creature. "How?" asks Trevor.  "I don't know, he is the one that keeps talking about the death" says the creature.  "What death?" asks Trevor.  "I am uncertain, maybe his" states the creature.  As our three cast of characters are confused a truck pulls up, and another creature that looked exactly like the other comes out and says "It's all yours boys".   "Where do we start?" asks Trevor.  "I don't know, the most we know, is the turned head south, we don't dare to follow, in fact, we've never even saw him" says the first creature.  "Then how do we know when we have found him?" asks Trevor.  "Oh you will know" says the creature.  "And young Bill there's a item in the front for you and other items for all of you in the back" says the creature.  "Cool!" yells Bill.
 So the boys get in the truck, Trevor notices that its got many of weird buttons, GPS, compass, a weather predictor, its futuristic.  Bill sees a hover-board, and looks at it in excitement, then notices a brand on it, it says, Bill's Futuristic Hovercraft's on the top.  "Hay look it's got my name on it!" yells Bill excitedly.  "Awe, I wonder what I'll get" says Phillip.  See these three usually don't use seat belts on the gravel, so they decide, its not a law, there not going use them, so they don't.  Trevor starts up the truck for the first time and it purrs.  "You two ready?" asks Trevor and both the boys replied with a "Yes!" excitedly, so grandpa presses down on the gas pedal and they start there expedition to the south.
 When they are finally about of populated territory, which was about a hour later.  The land has turned into a harsh environment where none of the other locals would dare travel.  The ponds have turned black. The purple mist has went away, and is replaced by a black fog from which you can not see.  Not even with the headlights.  The ground is rough, so they have to drive careful, in fact, driving only a couple miles.  "How do we know if its still day" asks Phillip.  "We don't" says Trevor.  "We do" says Bill.  "A monitor with the sun and moon positioning, and the Bill also says "hay look grandpa a fly button. "Oh no Bill!" yells Trevor, but Bill quickly presses that button, and in a matter of seconds they start flying.  Into the clear Sky's, it is blue, with white clouds, so beautiful.  Like home, so they fly.
 About three hours in, still heading south and remembering the mission at hand.  Trevor realizes that there gonna get no where flying and says "boys we got to head back down or where never going to figure out where we are going."  "Okay" the boys say willingly.  "So, which one was it?" Trevor asks, and bill points at the fly button.  Trevor presses the button and as they start to descend it gets darker and darker.
 So while there driving this dark terrain, they start to see a glimmer, and drive towards it.  The closer they get the brighter the light gets, it's white.  They finally get so close, they can see it's a creature, they stop to see if he can speak English and give them some directions.  "Hi, do you speak English?" asks Trevor.  "Yes, some what" says the creature.  "Have you heard anything about a creature named the Night-Stalker?" asks Trevor.  "Oh my yes, sadly I have, he has taken my cousin Bill" says the creature and Bill immediately responds "Thats my name!".  "I cant find my cousin" says the creature completely ignoring Bill. "But I have found out that he has routes in-between towns, are you three the kings?" asks the creature.  "I guess" says Trevor and Bill quickly asks "Whats the best thing to do in this dark?".  "Right now fly, but when the moon comes out, it shines through all of the fog" says the creature.  "So where should we go next?" asks Trevor.  "Really I wouldn't know, you're best bet would be is to wait till someone is weak and gets possessed. Then follow them, or fight the evil out of them to get them to talk, and right now you should find some one in the sky" responds the creature.  "What about going south?" asks Trevor.  "Oh, south is just a direction, his dominions are all over, keep a careful eye, for all you know, he may already know" says the creature with caution.  "Okay" says Trevor.  "Good luck" says the creature, and continues to walk.  "Well, I guess we do need to fly" says Trevor, and hits the fly button again.  This time while they descend, a letter hits the windshield.  Bill grabs hes hover-board and goes to fly out the window while Trevor fears for his life.  Bill gets the letter and returns to the truck to read it out loud.
   "Lost Letter"
  "There was a time when I thought I had a brain, but I was infected, infecting people left and right.  I mean they just kept following me to.  They bite, am infected to? I now bite to, like i just had no control.  I bit a girl I was overcome to by love, but I mean it was a apocalyptic setting, right?  The heat stroke I heard about on the T.V. everybody up in L.A. was dying of sun burns.  The titanic of a ship that washed up in a Alaska and Canada with all that water from the ice in the north pole.  In the sky it was as if the sun was moving, it went from place to place burning all who it had touch, and there was two, one in its spot, and one moving.  The hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquake, major volcano's, volcano's from nothing.  Was I just a little devil? a little spawn in the Devils plan?  There where werewolves,  prehistoric animals, creatures, and us zombies.  I mean I wasn't even acting like one until months, like it was predicted.  Like we where all coming on the same day.  Was it the devils plan,  but now that its over, I'm coming to light side again, and so is she.  I saw my love the other day.  Alice.  Miss you mother Sue.  For all who lived, I'm glad for. For all who I loved, I'm sorry for.  Good luck to all!"
     "love the zombie spawner"
       "Jeff"
"P.S.  Was I in control, or have I finally gotten my freedom back?"
 Now that the letter is over, Bill says "well that was no info, except for there might be zombies in this world".  "Ya we need a real clue" says Trevor.  Then Phillip sees a bird and points, "Look" says Phillip excitedly.  They both look.  "Ya, but how do we know if it is weak?" asks Trevor.  "I guess if it checks on prey" replies Bill, so they watch, watch and watch until Bill and Trevor are asleep.  It's not dark yet, but it's getting closing.  Trevor is starting to get drowsy, but he remembers that the random creature said the moon will shine through the fog, and ground just might be easier.  So Trevor starts to look for a auto drive button, trying not to wake the kids.  He finds one, but also he remembers that he probably shouldn't auto drive.  He should auto fly, and luckily there was a auto pilot button right next to it.
 They awake at night to a hole bunch of crow slash human like beings attacking there windshield and peaking at it.  "Oh no!  Do something!" yells Phillip.  Bill quickly heads for the back window and opens it looking for something that might help them.  There's a strange looking gun thats intriguing his eye at the end of the bed, so he quickly goes through the hole runs to the gun, runs back.  He sticks it inside, Phillip grabs it.  Then one of these bird like creatures grabs Bill, picks him up, and throws him off.  "Man over board" says the truck, and out comes a device that swoops down, picks up Bill and puts him safely back into the truck.
 "WHO, what a rush" Bill says with a smile on his face.  "We need something else, hand me that gun boy" says Trevor.  Phillip hands Trevor the gun, then Trevor rolls his window down and starts shooting at the bird like creatures.  He then decides to turn off auto pilot, and starts swerving at the bird humans along the way.  Bill goes back through the window quicker than the first time, and this time sliding to the end with his hover-board in his hand.  He quickly turns it on, hops on it, picks something up at random, and its a bat.  A gravity bat at that, its like it was a unfair advantage, but Bill was feeling greedy.  So he Ollie's off of the back of the truck, takes his aim.  He says "swing, batter batter." and hits the first one that flys right by him.  The bird like creature goes falling down. like it had no flight.
 Phillip goes for the passenger door handle, and open the door.  He grasp the door as it swung open hitting a few on the way, and he lets go and launches out for the hood of the truck.  He does a barrel roll on it, Trevor throws the gun.  Phillip manages to get strength in his feet and pushes he body above the truck.  Bill swings by, catches the gun, continues shooting at them, but not killing them just scaring them.  Phillip manages to get slide up to the roof.  Trevor leaves his foot on the pedals, and swings the rest of his body to close the passenger door.  He returns to the wheel to punch a victim out of his window that was trying to crawl in.  Bill grabs the side of the truck and flips into the back of the truck while Phillip fully lands in the back, but there both automatically knocked out by two passing birds.  They fall straight down.  "Oh my god" says Trevor and he starts to fly lower and lower at a rapidly increasing rate, until the truck hits the ground fast.
 On impact it dug into the dirt about two feet.  Trevor quickly gets out and runs to the back seeing all cause it is now bright by moonlight.  See's the boys and some of the human like birds trying to peck at the poor boys.  Trevor quickly goes for the dropped gun and shoots three of them and the last one turns into a clearer looking creature rapidly before Trevor got that last shot in.  "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to do what I did! I swear! My name is Vob Guy, I got a family.  I am of the Flath Clan.  I'm a Birth.  I'm one of the last of my species.  I'm a Flateth!  Please don't shoot!  Your kids are fine!  Just let me have a chance!"  yells Vob in a rush.  So Trevor puts down the gun, knowing he won this battle.  "So what do you know about the Night-Stalker?" asks Trevor.  "I'll tell you, we got plenty of time.  Besides, I got a broken wing.  I cant fly anywhere." says the bird.
 So Trevor checks both of the boy's pulse.  There fine.  So he quickly glances through the back of the truck, See's a lighter, and some wood.  Vob and Trevor go to light a fire to keep the kids warm, but as he goes to get up.  He See's a blanket wrapped over the kids.  "Good luck Owayasis" says Vob.  "Who's that?" asks Trevor.  "Oh its an old god.  She's known for helping others out in there time of need.  You know give you a breeze when your hot, and a warmth when you are cold.  Have you ever heard of the stories of her growing up." says Vob.  "No, I'm not from around here." says Trevor, as he gets the fire lit. "Do you need a guide" says Vob.  "Yes I do, and don't be so harsh on yourself.  Thats what got you possessed in the first place right?" asks Trevor.  Vob says "ya" knowing he was in a horrible position and by the looks of the place when he awoke he had every right to have a gun pointed at him.
 So as the boys sleep, Vob goes to sleep, but Trevor does not.  Not trusting the situation at hand.  In fact, Trevor stays up the whole time they sleep.  Not one wink.  With the moon at about midnight, Vob begins to wake up.  "We should go" says Vob.  So Trevor goes to wake the boys up, they wake quick, and hop up to a sitting position.  Vob goes to the passenger door, as Trevor goes for the drivers side.  "Where are we heading to?" asks Trevor.  "Bills" says Vob. "What?" Trevor responds with a question.  "Ya, back in the day of the war, the great king Bill helped many people out, and many are named after him" says Vob.  "Wow" says Trevor enticed.  "It's straight ahead of you" says Vob, and Trevor goes to start up his truck.  "Forward it is" says Trevor.
 As Trevor drives through this rough terrain, he can actually see cause of the moonlight.  Now he can see huge rocks sticking up, water puddles everywhere, and what still looks to be a hazardous mist.  It's now dark brownish purple, with hints of black chunks shining silver in the moonlight.  "Do you got any family?" asks Vob.  "Yes, I got many, including my two grandsons in back." says the old man.  "One of those guys was my brother.  Where a sad almost extinct species." says Vob with a sad expression.  "Awe what happened?" asks Trevor to Vob.  "We where the living species before year zero.  Our ancestors could guess what year it is better than us.  Well during this all great apocalypse, we where the first to go.  Only a few have survived.  It haunts us, that we where so weak, we still are weak or The Night-Stalker wouldn't be wreaking havoc on us.  The last thing I remember was outside playing ball with my brother and some friends, checking out the ladies, and the next thing I know  your pointing a gun at me." says Vob.  "So you don't know anything about the Night-Stalker?" asks Trevor.  "Do I?  I know loads, see, he haunts my dreams.  Day dreams, night dreams, hes always there, can control me in a second.  I'm weak." says Vob, and Trevor looks back awkwardly at the kids.
 "Where almost there" says Vob, as Trevor looks back at him surprisingly.  "Its the sparkle of our capital, where all the jewels go on.  Where traders weep in joy." says Vob and he was right about the sparkles.  As they enter, they see that it is a great flashy town.  With what looks to be like diamonds shattered on the walls.  You can definitely see this place on a usually night from miles, but not in this terrain.  It kinda just jumps out at you.
 "So, where are we going? asks Trevor.  "Oh, a old gambling spot.  See, once there was this gambler and a hippopotamus came crashing in.  Oh well, thats a old story.  Don't want to rush you into something you've probably heard before, and any way else I'm the type to go on and get into a different story.  Times are tough, still tough for my kind, but we still move on.  None of us stable though." chatters on Vob as Trevor looks through the drivers side window like Vob, get on with the first story of the Night-Stalker.  So as Vob is rambling on some more stuff, Trevor begins to drive, with uncertainty, and definitely ignoring Vob.  About two0 minutes later Trevor has to say something and he yells "Vob! Why do you talk so much!" and Vob responds "I don't know.  Just feeling a little speedy thats all."  Bill pops his head through the window and says "adrenaline rush grandpa.  From last night." "Take a left" says Vob as he smiles and points.  They pull into a shady parking lot, with lots of bright street lights, and it had a carpet. A wintergreen with velvet strips carpet in fact.  The place was glorious in all places but the parking lot.
 "This is the parking lot.  A harsh place for a young gambler.  Traders wait outside for fresh meat trying to swindle a deal on them.  Only if the king knew what when on in his back yard." says Vob.  "Did you take us here to gamble?" asks Trevor.  "No, No, No.  I brought you here for information, and if I have to pump up those slot machines along the way to hear it.  Then I will." states Vob the winged creature.  So they park, and the boys hop up out of the back of the truck.  Trevor and Vob get out of the front, and they all three head for the casino.
 When they walk in.  To there surprise.  Next to the door was the exchange, where you exchange items in for coins if using a slot machine, which Vob runs for.  There's two red velvet drapes hanging from the ceiling to there left and right.  There's slot machines all lined up next to the drapes, and a Texas holde'm table in front of them.  With all other glorious of tables and machines packed in the place. Trevor, Bill, and Phillip all walk over to the counter with the exchange.  "I got a dollar" says Bill.  "A dollar?" asks the creature behind the counter.  "Yes sir" says Bill again.  "Well your the richest little man in here, you are.  What do you wanna do?  Trade first before you begin?  You hunger little boy?" asks the creature behind the counter.  "I'm hunger" states Phillip.  "I wanna go to the bathroom" says Bill.  "Oh me to" says Phillip.  So the creature behind the counter points towards the bathroom and tells them to come back when there done.  All three of them rush to the bathroom, where there's all types of different looking stalls.  They found one that looked normal and took turns going to the bathroom.
 They all come out one by one, and head back over to the counter for food.  The guy is grabbing a new box of food each time one king went to him, they now have food for days.  "So who do you think the king is that owns this land" says Trevor.  "I don't know" says Phillip.  "Oh, it is king Bill's land.  He usually comes by to gamble, but today.  So far he is a no show, but what can I say I've only been here for a matter of minutes.  So, you got a total of nine hundred ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine coin.  The food cost 1 coin.  Do you want to split that?  Now may I interest you in some other trade?  We got some other rare items here?" asks the creature.  "Ya, I'll take three hundred and thirty three thousand three hundred and thirty three and the boys will have the same" says Trevor as he grabs lots of the higher coins, and says "lets go gamble boys".
 All three guys start walking around looking at machines and tables, slowly making there way to the middle.  "You boys be good, and keep safe.  I got to try out this slot machine." says Trevor as he strays from the group and goes to a slot machine.  Bill and Phillip go through a crowd fearlessly, trying to figure out where they want to play there money.  Phillip sees a bike with a rocket on each side, and a hover ability on the bottom.  "I want that" he says as he goes to rush towards the black jack table where it was.  Now Bill is alone, hes still walking towards that blackjack table.  He sits down next to a gentleman that looked much like he's grandpa but younger.  "Can I get in this game?" asks Bill.  "Sure" says the dealer.
 "You got quite a lump of change, young sir.  You know I was sitting over there when the hippopotamus came crashing in, but thats a story you don't know yet.  Looks like you have had a ruff time with the Flateth." says the gentleman that looks like Trevor.  "Yes, how did you know?" asks Bill.  "See, you look like the kind of fellow that would take the same steps as me.  You know, there was once a time when I was done on my luck, and I went to this exact spot I'm at now.  I won a lot, and I mean I won.  See we where down on our luck, and I learned some tips from a old man like me.  See, every hand is a winner.  You just gotta know how to play it, and thats what he told me."  the stranger says.  "Thats all he told you?" asks Bill.  "Yep, and I see it happening all over again" says that guy.  "New shuffle!" yells the dealer. "Man, I thought you said you were gonna use your inside voice" says the guy.  "Sorry boss" says the dealer.  "Oh, its okay. Lets get started, deal in this kid" replies the stranger.
 Okay so Bill gets his first card, its a Ace of hearts.  Now Bill is sitting here trying to determine every card played out knowing that he cant.  Cause his second card was a two of spades when he was expecting a King.  "Sometimes its luck, you lucky kid.  I know you got lots, so your in a high stakes game.  Oh, and your sitting right next to one." says the stranger and two of the other four walk away.  "I'm betting a thousand chips.  High stakes, gotta love them" says the stranger as he goes for a bag of a thousand chips.  Two employees, one with blue hair, and one with red.  Comes rushing a nearby table to help, closing there's down.  Which they where dead anyway.  The one with blue hair asks "can I help either one of you count these?" and Bill quickly replies "Ya, this might take me awhile".  Both of the creatures start counting Bill's chips, and in a matter of seconds there done.  "There Avoks, quick at counting, and multitasking." explains the stranger.  "Which by the way can I get a brew-ski?" he then asks.  "Yes sir, I'll get your usually, and you kind young sir?  Anybody else? asks the creature with blue hair.
 "Yes, I'll have a Pepsi." says Bill.  Then everybody but the stranger gasps in surprise.  "Those are rare" says a guy still sitting at the table.  "But we just got one in stock. I'll go get it" says the blue haired creature.  "I knew you were coming" says the stranger guy and everybody else at the table states that there not thirsty so the blue haired creature goes to get the drinks.  The red haired creature begins to continue helping the next creature count there chips, but the next which also looked like a Avok starts counting hers.  "Okay pots right" says the dealer, and he drops one to the side.  He then turns three cards over.  Its a three of spades, a 5 of diamonds, and a ten of diamonds.  "Straight is all you need, got a four and your rolling.  You just might win, on you Bill" says the dealer.  "Okay, what do I do?" asks Bill.  "No, not you, him." says the dealer.  "I'll raise another thousand, do you want to call, or raise?" asks the stranger now known as Bill.  The red haired Avok goes to count his chips while throwing them in.  "I'll raise you another thousand" says kid Bill and the small crowd forming grasps in excitement.  The next guy folds and walks away. The next player starts counting her chips, and at about that time the blue haired Avok comes back with the beer and the Pepsi and hands it to them, walks over to the young Bill and begins to count his.  At which this time the red haired Avok stops counting the older Bill's chips and goes to the other player's chips.  After all chips are thrown in individually the dealer then states "pots right".
 He then drops another card on top of the other one and then he turns one more card.  It is queen of diamonds and then the dealer says "have two diamonds, hoping for another one.  Still going for the straight.  You might win!  Gamble.  Gamble".  "I'm a bet ten0 k on this one" says the older Bill and the younger Bill starts to lose all hope.  "Whats ten0 k?" asks the younger Bill. "Oh, one hundred thousand.  You'll be fine." says the older Bill.  So the younger Bill says he'll call, when the Avoks separate to count coins.  The next creature lays his cards upside down and walks away, while the Avok playing begins to count.  One at a time, all the coins are in.  "Ready, ready.  Pots right, let the card flip be a winner." says the dealer.
 The dealer lays one card down next to the other, and flips one more.  Its a four of diamonds.  "Got the straight? Got the diamonds?  Who wins? Bet." says the dealer.  Then the older Bill says "all in" and the blue haired Avok comes to count his coins. " One Million " says the blue haired Avok.  "I don't have one million coins" says the younger Bill.  "It's okay, thats called a side bet.  We put out what we can." says the older Bill.  "What if I lose?" asks the young Bill.  "Usually you do, but I think today you wont." says the older Bill and the younger one surpisaling trusting his gut says "Call!"  The blue haired Avok begins counting his chips. "8nine8 thousand coins" says the blue haired Avok.  The Avok player pushes eight hundred and ninety eight thousand coins over and begins to count the rest of the one million not raising one coin.
 Bill flips his cards and it is the four of hearts, and the king of diamonds.  "Pair of fours" says the dealer.  Then Phillip rushes in with the rocket hover bike and says "oh, you got a straight my brother".  Bill flips over his cards and bam a straight.  Ace, two, three, four, and a five. "And there's our straight!" yells the dealer as the Avok player blushes. "Cant beat that" she says and throws over a nine of hearts, and a ten of hearts.  "Looks like we got a winner for nine hundred and ninety nine thousand dollars, and one for twelve thousand.  Thats game." says the dealer as he splits the pots.  The boys go running for there grandpa.  "Grandpa!  Grandpa!" they yell.  They make it to him, and he looks ruff.
 "I lost" says Trevor.  "Its okay, we won" says Phillip. "How much you got left?" asks Bill.  "One coin" says Trevor.  "Good, we got a dollar." says Bill.  "Good, lets get out of here." says Trevor with a smile, and then they turn around to leave.  There is nobody left in the casino.  "Where did they go?" asks Phillip.  "I don't know" says Bill.  "Lets go!" yells Trevor, and they start running for the door.
 The walls are thrown off like they where in a tornado, and a big black dragon head come swooshing in.  It roars, with tiny amounts of lava dripping out.  As they are running for the door, the dragon spits multiple fire balls at our kings, but they make it to the parking lot alright.  There be no doors, they just walk right on the asphalt.  They get in the truck, quickly start it, and hit the fly button.  They quickly swoop up into the sky.  The dragon directly behind them.  Bill turns around and See's a faint figure dressed in black on the dragon.  "We need to go faster" says Bill.  So Bill is looking at all of the buttons trying to find a fast button, when he does.  He finds a jet button right next to the fly button, and he presses it.  Wow, they are gone like lightning.  Next thing you know, they crash land in a deserted desert.  Sand everywhere, but at least they can see.
 "Man, is it gone!?" asks Phillip with a scream.  Bill looks back again, then up, and everywhere.  "No sign of them."  says Bill.  "Them?"  asks Trevor.  "Yes, I saw someone on the dragon" says Bill.  "That's him!" yells Trevor.  Trevor trys to start the truck back up, but it doesn't even fire.  "It's got to be hot after that!" yells Trevor.  "Lets not go back there" says Phillip.  There's a slight pause, then Trevor says "okay, but don't be afraid Phillip.  We probably will see them again.".  So they all get out of the truck.  "At least we can see" says Trevor as he goes to a cactus, and starts trimming it.  "Now this one wont hurt us" says Trevor when hes done.  Trevor grabs a knife out of pocket, and says "Get me a straw, and some cups".
 Both of the kids hop up into the back of the truck, looking around first for a straw, and then some cups.  When they have no luck, Bill picks up some papers and makes a straw, then they look for cups.  They find no cups but they find a few buckets.  "Guess they'll have to do, bring them over here." says Trevor, and they bring over the stuff.  Trevor grabs the straw, while Phillip puts a bucket at the bottom of the cactus.  Trevor stabs the cactus, and quickly puts the homemade straw in.  A milky like substance comes oozing out.  "We got some more drink, we its done, were gonna cut it up." says Trevor.
 Bill takes a drink of the milky substance.  "I'm alive" says Bill.  "I did not think of that" says Trevor looking worried.  Phillip comes up to them excitedly saying "I found sleeping bags!".  "Good, now we just need to find something to burn" states Trevor.  "We can try to burn some of the cacti." says Bill excitedly.  "Good idea, let me get started on another one." says Trevor.  So Trevor goes over to another cactus, and starts trimming it for anything that could prick them.  This time when he is done, he takes the knife and starts cutting the cactus into portions, while Phillip grabs the needles and puts them into a pile.  Bill jumps up to see a pack of purple striped like scorpions passing through the desert,  they were acting friendly as can be, as they passed by.  "Its amazing" says Bill.  "Whats amazing?" asks Trevor.  "How we can be attacked by all sorts of creatures, but yet there is still some that don't care about the dangers." responds Bill.  "Okay I think its time for bed you two" says Trevor, and the two boys go get there sleeping bags.  They lay down near the fire, while Trevor  gets a chair and sits in between them to tell a story.
 "Once upon a time, in dangerous times.  Where all that prowled was evil.  Kings fought, wars where waged, brothers died.  But in all this wicked heat, lived 3 extraordinary guys that wound up in this forsaken land.  They fought, they starved, but in the end, there still together.  Cause there waiting on there queens and mothers.  They knew tomorrow could be better, so we fight for today, for a brighter tomorrow, and all the lands.  They will all cheer for many years to come" the boys fell asleep while Trevor finish his story.  Trevor knowing it wont be really cold, and is starting to wonder why they lit a fire.  Puts it out, and goes to bed in the chair.
dream
 It looks like a dream, there's that Bill stranger guy, and Bill standing looking at him.  "HI.  I've been watching you.  Waiting for you, I have.  King Bill." says the older Bill.  "Why, are you the Night-Stalker?" asks the young Bill.  "You should know the truth soon" blurts out the taller Bill guy.  "Now wake up" he says and Bill wakes up in the truck flying in the sky, while Trevor is over him shaking him yelling "wake up!" he yells.  Bill's eyes are opening and he sees the window with lots of holes in it.  Some of the scorpions managed to stay on but the windshield whipper is getting them off.  "I'm awake" says Bill.  "We almost bit the dust back there" says Trevor.  "Where they waiting for us to sleep?" asks Phillip.  "I had a dream!" yells Bill and.  Trevor and Phillip both look at Bill.  "Go on" says Trevor.  "Okay, It was with a guy I met at the casino.  He talked to me, and I think he is the Night-Stalker.  That could explain why everyone disappeared, and why we ended up there in the first place.  His name was Bill, he was the king, and he cheered me on.  He knew us, he got my drink, he knew about the attack from the Flateth's.  He knows. " crys Bill.  "It's okay" states Trevor.  "But we are going to have to go there, so cheer up"  Trevor adds.  So Trevor turns the flying truck around, and they head back to where they came from.


© 2015 Jesse Pruett


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Jesse Pruett
its still in edit, so tell me all the dirty details

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on August 31, 2015
Last Updated on August 31, 2015
Tags: Night, kings, magic, stalker.


Author

Jesse Pruett
Jesse Pruett

In the cat, VA, U.S. Virgin Islands



About
I wanna tear up your insides, you know like when your in a dark tunnel and it starts squeezing you. more..

Writing
Tornado Tornado

A Poem by Jesse Pruett