Silently Screaming

Silently Screaming

A Story by Maddy May
"

A short story about a girl who is doing everything she can to pretend she's fine. She's not.

"
As the fog slowly disappears her eyes finally clear and she sees herself in the reflection of the mirror, well not herself, someone else actually.

She feels someone else with her, inside of her and around her. She peeled away so many layers of herself, she’s barely even viewable, she’s barley even there. She peeled away so many layers of herself yet she still puts on the same mask.

She’s almost completely and utterly fake, yet her chest still moves up and down ever so slightly, reminding her that she’s still alive.

She can feel her heart inside of her, she hears it, it could be heard from a mile away, it pounds and pounds. Fear strikes it painfully as she takes one more look at the stranger in the mirror. She realizes she’s now left like this, all alone with less of herself then she’s ever had.

She’s tired. Her heart, her soul and her bones, tired. She can’t even force her bones to move. There all cracked and bent out of shape, like her heart. She can see broken bones poking out of her ripped skin, covered in blood. She feels as if she had fallen from the highest height possible, like she dug through the entire earth and fell from one side to the other.

Reality is knocking on her door but she can’t answer, she’s tied up in the corner.
She’s held hostage by herself and she’s terrified.

She feels the heavy pressure on her chest as it starts to cave in, her rib cage bends out of shape until she hears the loud snap and her chest finally breaks down into its self. Her heart stops pumping blood as she begins to taste it in her mouth, she realizes she can no longer breathe.

This is a feeling she recognizes, the feelings of a broken person. She’s scrubbed herself dry, she scrubbed herself raw, she scrubbed herself and scrubbed herself. There is nothing left of the girl she once was, nothing but a mask she made from the pieces of a once okay girl. A mask she wears to appear unmarked and less fragile.

She realizes she’s still staring in the mirror, still staring at this skeleton looking back at her. She can’t bring herself to move, not even an inch.

There’s reality again, knocking on the door. She wants to reply with the words I’m fine, even when her chest is still caved in, even when she’s bleeding out in the middle of the floor, even when every single one of her bones is bent and broken.

She chooses to ignore the tears she realized are falling down her face at the mere sight of her. She chooses to ignore the blood stains, and her gruesome and painful death. She chooses to ignore the fact that she has so little of herself left that she’s hardly even there anymore. She chooses to ignore herself again and again and again.

She finally finds reality, it was hidden so out of view she had to scream it’s name at the top of her lungs. She takes one last look at this stranger that’s taken over her and finally reply’s to the world, to reality, and to herself.

“I’m fine.”

© 2018 Maddy May


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Maddy May
Thanks for reading, I could see how this story could be confusing XD If you have any questions or concerns let me know! All reviews are welcomed, I hope you liked my little story! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on September 12, 2018
Last Updated on September 12, 2018
Tags: Sad, girl, short, intense, violent, metaphorical, pain, psychological

Author

Maddy May
Maddy May

NY



About
I’m an amateur writer, and I’m still learning the ropes! So don’t get mad if I mess everything up, because chances are I will XD I like to write short stories, I rarely do more t.. more..

Writing
Dark Eyes Dark Eyes

A Story by Maddy May