Dark Eyes

Dark Eyes

A Story by Maddy May
"

A short story about a relationship that starts to self-destruct when lies seep into reality and confusion prevents them from knowing what's real and what's fake.

"
"I need help, I don’t know what to believe anymore." he whispered slowly with sadness glazing his eyes as her eyes started to fill with tears once again.

"You need to listen to me, I want to help you. But I can't Just do what they're asking Jack...I won't," she said as she pulled away, he tried grabbing her wrist one more time, but failed. 

"Wait, please I-I don't want to have to do this..." he said as his eyes started to look glossy.  

"What...? You-you don't have to," she said with a unsteady tone and fear in her eyes as she slowly turned around.

"It's too late anyways right... I mean we're gone," he said quietly as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Jack...you need to listen to me, okay?" She says trying to show confidence in her voice yet failing. 

"I, I can't believe what you say anymore they...they told me not to," he said starting to cry, he showed something else she couldn't quite place, it might be anger.

"It's..." she paused trying to think quickly "it will be okay, just look at me," she replied as she noticed the blood on his hands. She took a deep breath and steadied her thoughts trying her best not to lose her head now. She raised her hands almost as if she was trying to calm an animal. 

"No," he said sternly and shook his head "no, you can't say that anymore," he lifted his gun. He had fear and sadness written all over his face as he pointed it at her, but almost looked confused. 

"Kate...help me," he cried out quietly as he pushed back sobs and shook his head at the ground. She felt her heart grow heavier in her chest as she saw the unrecognizable darkness in his eyes.

"Hey no, okay. Look, look at me," she stuttered, out of breath, with tears coming from her eyes. "I know you okay, I know you and you are not this, okay? And I-I miss you..." she was almost whispering 

She paused for a quick moment as her lip quivered and she continued "I miss your smile, and your laugh... and that light I know I saw in your eyes every single day." before she could finish he looked up at her with a very sad look and she felt her heart break. His look then turned to anger. 

"Stop!" He shouted angry at her and himself. "Stop all of this, please..." he uttered out as he flared his gun around.

"Hey...it will be okay." she said again as calmly as she could, "just look at me, and remember. Okay?...Remember when we found each other, and how happy we were?" Her smile widened and her eyes started dropping tears "Remember how you saved me, how I saved you?" She paused and curled her lip in.

"Jack, remember me..." she had no fear left in her eyes, but sadness and despair etched in her face as tears slowly and steadily rolled down her cheeks. 

He looked as if he was struggling with himself. He was sad, but angry, he looked at her and let out a shaky breath, conflicted. 

"I'm sorry..." he said as he closed his eyes. He had tears on his cheeks and regret on his face. He raised his gun at her. She closed her eyes and shook her head. "I love you Jack," she whispered.

The sound of the gun going off shocked both of them as screams of sorrow, anger, and pain filled the air and blood covered the floor. She broke that day, but he was okay.

Her heart's forever damaged by his dark eyes, but...

he was okay having her as the last thing he ever saw.

© 2018 Maddy May


Author's Note

Maddy May
Thanks for reading, i understand its confusing XD if you have any questions let me know! All reviews are welcomed, i hope you liked it! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on September 12, 2018
Last Updated on September 12, 2018
Tags: Confusion, relationship, sad, tragic, gun, reality, lies, short

Author

Maddy May
Maddy May

NY



About
I’m an amateur writer, and I’m still learning the ropes! So don’t get mad if I mess everything up, because chances are I will XD I like to write short stories, I rarely do more t.. more..

Writing