Separately Falling

Separately Falling

A Story by Maddy May
"

A short story about a boy and a girl who fall out of love, but slowly start realizing their mistakes at the same time, and fall back into love deeper then ever before.

"
"I don't understand," he whispered. 
 
The drizzles that started had quickly turned into full rain. Already they were both soaked, yet they ignored it.
 
"Do you love me?" She almost shouted over the rain. 
 
"What?" He stutters. 
 
Her eyes welled up with tears waiting to spill, but she held them in as long as possible. 
 
"Look, you can hold on, or you can move on-"
 
He cut her off as he grabbed her wrist, and spoke softly.
 
"No...wait ok, just look at me-"
 
"But please be careful, because i'm almost gone."
 
She finished her sentence. And then ripped her hand from his grip, looked deep into his eyes, turned around, and walked away.
 
He shouted her name. 
 
She just ran, tears already running down her cheeks. 
 
His mind instantly filled with regrets as tears stream down his own face.
 
She already missed him and the pain from it made her want to scream at this confusion.
 
He wanted to scream at the conflicts in his head and how mad he was about this whole situation. 
 
She thought for a quick moment maybe to turn around. 
 
He thought for a moment if he should run after her.
 
She thought 'no, if he wanted me back he would of at least ran after me by now.'
 
He thought 'don't, if she regretted anything she would of turned around by now.'
 
She ran, till she thought she might collapse not even knowing or caring where she would end up.  
 
The weather had calmed down, but it's still raining.  
 
He was still standing there leaning against a lampost as he ran his hands through his hair, thinking about what he should do next, and still crying.
 
She found herself running through a park in the middle of the night, not a person in sight. She tripped and fell to the hard ground, but not a moment later she picked herself up so she was on her hands and knees. Angry, confused, and filled with sadness she screamed with all she had. Till it slowly turned to sobs, staring at the green grass and still crying.  
 
He waited, still in the parking lot, breathing heavily. His mind was racing, trying to find awnsers that he was beging to doubt actully exist. Sad, confused, and filled with anger he hit a lamppsot with his fist as hard as he could. He gasped in pain and looked down at his bloody knuckles. He close his eyes to stop tears as he rested his forehead on the dented lamppost. 
 
She just stared at the ground watching her tears fall and drip from one blade of grass to another. Still on her hands and knees, she shut her eyes tight and thought...
 
His head resting on the lamppost he looked down at his knuckles and saw a drop of blood slowly roll off and hit the ground, he watched it disappear into the puddles with the rain that continues to fall. He shook his head slightly, closed his eyes and thought...
 
...'Maybe he still loves me'
 
...'Maybe she still loves me' 
 
She opened her eyes, her heart racing she picked her head up.
 
His heart racing, he opens his eyes and turned his head around. 
 
She thought of getting back up and finding her way back to him. 
 
He thought he's waited long enough he needs to find her.
 
She got up from her hands and knees and turned around, her hand running through her hair, she wonderded where she came from. 
 
He starred in the distance remembering her running into the darkness, he thought 'now' and started running in that direction. 
 
Her eyes still red and her chheks still tear stained, she thought 'now' and started running through the bushes and back to the parking lot.
 
'I doubt this is the right way' he thought, hopping he did choose the right path to find her.
 
'What are the chances I'm going the right way' she worried, hopping somehow this way would lead her to him. 
 
As they ran the rain slowly came to a stop. The clouds clear and reveal the moon in the bright sky.

His feet still running, his mind filled with doubts. He didn't deserve a second chance, he wondered of what to say to her or what she would say to him. 
 
Her hair messed up from the rain and her dress stained with dirt and driping wet, she saw a road up ahead. Remembering it she knew she went the right way as she came to a stop.
 
His knuckles aching and his clothes dirty and dripping wet. He saw a road, not a vehicle in site. It was quite and the only light was from the moon, and the two lampposts in sight. He slowed to a stop.
 
She put her hands on her knees for a second, took a breathe and picked her head up. She noticed a shadow maybe on the other side of the road.
 
He saw a silhouette on the other side of the road. He froze startled at first, until he took a small step forward, he was now in the road.
 
She saw him take a step closer, startled she froze, until she got a better look and took one step forward, now in the road. 

They stood still for a few seconds as they caught their breath, listening to nothing but complete silence.

He was still crying slow tears, he thought 'how' he knew he didnt deserve this, but he cleared his mind as he saw her tear stained face.  

She silently started crying again, she thought 'how' at first, she knew they had to fix things, but all those thoughts she wiped away when she saw the regret written on his face.
 
They started running at each other at the same time, met in the middle of the road and embraced each other. 
  
he wrapped his arms around her, resting his hand on her head.

She wrapped her arms around him, resting her head on his chest.

"I love you," he said to her with confidence as his head rested on hers "I'm sorry., he finishes quietly. 
 
She smiles and whispers..."we're gonna be okay."

© 2018 Maddy May


Author's Note

Maddy May
Thanks for reading, i hope it wasn't confusing XD If you have any questions let me know! All reviews are welcome, I hope you enjoyed my little story! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on September 12, 2018
Last Updated on September 12, 2018
Tags: Romance, sad, breakup, rain, love, short, teenagers, mistakes, realizing, sappy

Author

Maddy May
Maddy May

NY



About
I’m an amateur writer, and I’m still learning the ropes! So don’t get mad if I mess everything up, because chances are I will XD I like to write short stories, I rarely do more t.. more..

Writing
Dark Eyes Dark Eyes

A Story by Maddy May