The trees make music

The trees make music

A Chapter by SmashedTV
"

She knew hearing music in the woods at night was a bad sign but it was such a beautiful tune.

"
She scraped the remainder of the home made dinner her mother made for her in the trash. Her husband went missing recently and she hasn't have had the energy to take care of her self. She hasn't slept for days let alone shower and she definitely doesn't eat. Setting the  plate down she wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. She decided to open the window above the sink in the kitchen to cool her down. This window was always jammed and her husband usually opened it. With effort she got the window open standing on her tippy-toes to reach the handle. Looking up she sees absolutely nothing. A pitch black abyss into what she knew a forest. Unease pooled in her stomach something she has been feeling quite a lot recently. As the unease grew the more she couldn't look away. It was like it had her undevoted attention. She heaved with every breath feeling more hot than she started off with. It felt like the dark was consuming her filling every desperate scream she may have. Remembering stories her husband told her of the forest. Things lurking there. Unnatural things, scary things. She always thought he was just trying to scare her but as she made eye contact with something in the pitch black she believed him. Fear set into her body like a dead weight yet she still didn't move. She couldn't move. It was like she was glued to the unmoving darkness. She doesn't know how long time has past and for some reason she didn't want to know. Music slithered through the forest with the intention of meeting her. As the music flooded every crevice of her head she relaxed. Stepping away from the window and leaning on the far away counter she closed her eyes. She closed them to the most beautiful music she has ever heard and somehow knew that the music came from her husband. Dusk came to life and the music died. She missed the music and longed for it all day wondering if her husband would visit again.  


© 2021 SmashedTV


Author's Note

SmashedTV
Sorry about the husband

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on October 7, 2021
Last Updated on October 7, 2021
Tags: horror, husband, monsters, music


Author

SmashedTV
SmashedTV

About
I just feel like writing sometimes. It might not be good but I like it. more..

Writing
Warriors Warriors

A Story by SmashedTV